The OffshoreAlert Conference London 2013
A Financial Intelligence & Investigations Conference, 14-15 November 2013, The Bloomsbury Hotel, London
Welcome to official website for The OffshoreAlert Conference London 2013 being held on 14-15 November 2013 at The Bloomsbury Hotel located at 16-22 Great Russell St. in London, United Kingdom. On this site you will find detailed information about the event including:
- Thursday, November 14, 2013 - Friday, November 15, 2013
- 09:00 - 17:30 GMT Time
- The Bloomsbury Hotel, 16-22 Great Russell Street London, United Kingdom
Over 20 senior speakers from onshore and offshore jurisdictions will come together at OffshoreAlert's upcoming Financial Intelligence & Investigations Conference in London.
They will speak on a range of topics affecting offshore finance, including tax, legal, financial transparency, due diligence, compliance, political, regulatory, fraud, asset recovery, and other issues.
- Jennie Granger, Director General, Enforcement & Compliance at HM Revenue & Customs;
- Dan Reeves, who headed the tax evasion investigation into Swiss and other foreign banks by the IRS in the United States;
- Colin Powell, Jersey Government Adviser, International Affairs;
- David Griffin, Director of Enforcement, Isle of Man Financial Supervision Commission; and
- Cherno Jallow QC, Director of Policy, Research and Statistics, with the British Virgin Islands Financial Services Commission & Chair of the Caribbean Financial Action Task Force.
There will be 13 sessions for providers, clients and investigators of offshore products and services, including:
- Offshore Finance: Trends & Developments
- Financial Transparency: A Comparison of Jurisdictions;
- How to Identify Red Flags in International Finance;
- Beneficial Ownership Registries: Options for Britain's Crown Dependencies & Overseas Territories;
- The OECD 'Action Plan' to Close Corporate Tax Avoidance Loopholes;
- HMRC's Investigation into Offshore Tax Evasion;
- Using Offshore Jurisdictions to Protect Data;
- Cross-Border Law Enforcement Meets Cross-Border Banking;
- 'Offshore Leaks': Inside the Investigation into OFCs by The Guardian & The ICIJ
"Our conference is a neutral forum where attendees will receive credible and up-to-date information that will help them to avoid trouble and capitalize on opportunities," says OffshoreAlert's owner and editor, David Marchant.
The OffshoreAlert Conference London will take place at The Bloomsbury Hotel, in London, on November 14-15, 2013.
Professionals involved in the areas of tax, law, funds, company administration, compliance, regulations, investigations, and asset recovery will benefit from attending this event.
OffshoreAlert is a news website founded in 1997 by investigative reporter David Marchant and offers news, documents & intelligence about businesses and individuals operating in Offshore Financial Centers, with an emphasis on fraud investigations. OffshoreAlert also holds conferences in North America and Europe tailored for the offshore world.
The OffshoreAlert Conference London is our Second Annual European Financial Intelligence & Investigations event and is the sister event to our flagship Annual Miami Conference, which has been the leading conference on Offshore Financial Centres in North America for more than a decade.
JOIN LEADING MINDS IN THE WORLD OF OFFSHORE FINANCE FOR TWO DAYS OF INTERACTIVE DEBATES, EXPERT ADVICE AND UNPARALLELED NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES