Nearly 250 people from 20 countries have signed up to attend next week's OffshoreAlert Conference in Miami Beach, Florida.
"Of those who have registered so far, 44% live in offshore jurisdictions, with the remaining 56% residing in the world's major countries," said OffshoreAlert's owner, David Marchant. "Such diversity is one of the elements that makes our event unique in the offshore world."
The conference will show participants in international finance how to identify and exploit opportunities, how to avoid legal and risk pitfalls, and remedies that are available if their once-promising business deal turns sour. All with an emphasis on offshore financial centers.
Attendees will also enjoy networking opportunities at two ocean-side cocktail receptions, plus several breakfasts, lunches, and refreshment breaks.
Among the 21 sessions are:
- Turks & Caicos Islands Corruption: Inside One of the World's Largest Asset Recovery Programs;
- Tax, Fraud, & Finance: Offshore Judges Discuss Key Rulings at Their Courts;
- Third-Party Litigation Funding & Asset Recovery as an Investment Opportunity;
- Blood, Sweat & TIEAs: Tax Information Exchange Litigation in OFCs;
- Bitcoin & Financial Crime: An Analysis;
- Financial Secrecy: A Comparison of Jurisdictions;
- Inside the Cayman Islands: The 'Operation Tempura' Affair;
- How The OECD's Action Plan on 'Base Erosion & Profit Shifting' Will Affect OFCs & Their Clients;
- When Onshore-Offshore Liquidations Collide: How are Assets Divided?;
- Debt Collection: How to Locate Bank Accounts & Other Assets to Enforce Judgments;
- Beneficial Ownership Registries: An Update; and
- 'The Wolf of Wall Street': The Real Story (Not Hollywood's Fantasy Version)
The 12th Annual OffshoreAlert Conference will take place on May 4-6 at The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach. Tickets are still available at https://www.offshorealert.com/conference/miami/.