SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
Mr. Levin heads the Freeborn & Peters Fraud Team.
Often compared to Mr. Wolf from Pulp Fiction, Mr. Levin is most notably summoned when the case “stinks.” Known fondly as “The Fraud Guy,” Mr. Levin contends with a litany of fraudsters and fraudulent transactions, including those stemming from bankruptcy fraud, occupational fraud, corporate governance fraud, government corruption, insurance fraud, bank fraud, mortgage fraud, asset concealment, so-called asset protection plans and, of course, Ponzi Schemes.
His practice is international in scope and he has appeared in dozens of different tribunals over the course of his 20 years in the business. Mr. Levin also lectures on white collar fraud including “fraudster” profiles, FCPA, occupational (insider) fraud, bankruptcy fraud, fraud detection and discovery practices and internal investigations.
Mr. Levin sits on several school boards or board committees including Kujali International, which equips orphaned and vulnerable African youth with the education, tools, resources and opportunities for social and environmental change. He is also active in a variety of other social and environmental centered causes and NGOs.
• DePaul University College of Law, JD
• University of Denver, BA
• New York
• United States District Court, Northern and Central Districts of Illinois
• United States District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
• United States District Court, Southern District of New York
• United States District Court, District of Colorado
• United States Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
• Several Federal District Courts
BOARD ROLES, MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS
• Member and former Practice Group Director, Chicago Bar Association
• American Bar Association
• Seventh Circuit Bar Association
• American Bankruptcy Institute
• Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
• International Association of Asset Recovery