Litigation funding is being touted by promoters as one of the hottest new investment products.
This session will look at the pros and cons of the industry and explore how it works, including looking at:
- The size of the industry;
- How cases are funded;
- How investment funds decide what cases to finance;
- How money received by way of settlement or judgment is split between attorneys, funders, and victims;
- What happens if a case is lost; and
- The track record of the industry in terms of delivering returns to investors.