Advanced Techniques In Asset Investigation & Debt Enforcement
This session will explain cutting-edge techniques and legal theories by which to prove fraud and fraudulent transfer, pierce the corporate veil, locate and seize assets, and enforce judgments.
Important concepts that the panel will discuss include:
- How to utilize "criminal investigation" style tactics to "flip" witnesses, secure cooperation from insiders, and obtain crucial hard evidence;
- How to obtain non-admissible leads concerning global bank accounts and assets that result in admissible evidence;
- How to build a litigation war-chest;
- Utilizing intermediary bank discovery to follow the money, reveal all USD denominated wire transfers made by targets, as well as maintain a global counterparty list;
- Pre-judgment attachments and "global" attachments;
- Cutting through the maze - how to navigate corporate structures designed to perpetrate fraud and pierce the corporate veil.
The panel will highlight these techniques by discussing recent and ongoing cases involving the offshore world.
Senior Associate, Holland & Knight (New York)
Director, Burford Capital (London)