The role of US investment banks and investors in the world’s biggest tax heist will be analyzed at next month’s OffshoreAlert Conference in Miami Beach.
Morgan Stanley, JPMorgan Chase, and Bank of America Merrill Lynch all participated in an audacious scheme involving ‘cum-ex trading’ that swindled $60 billion from European Governments and which investigators have described as “a license to print money”.
The two investigative journalists who led the ‘CumEx Files‘ joint investigation by 19 European media organizations from 12 countries will explain how a network of bankers, stock traders, and lawyers carried out the scheme, how they were exposed, and provide an update on criminal investigations.
The countdown is on—Have you registered yet?
German reporters Oliver Schröm and Christian Salewski are among an array of leading investigators, insolvency practitioners, asset recovery experts, litigation funders, information gatherers and analysts for an event that focuses on intelligence and investigations in high-value, cross-border finance.
It is one of many sessions on high-value, cross-border finance that are designed to help attendees understand what is happening so they are better prepared to take advantage of emerging opportunities and/or avoid problems.
Other sessions include those on:
- The World’s Biggest Cryptocurrency Fraud (Bitfinex);
- The First Criminal Prosecution & Convictions Under FATCA;
- The Ukraine Whistleblower’s Story (as told by his attorney);
- The Use of Artificial Intelligence to Locate Hidden Bank Accounts;
- The Latest Developments in International Judicial Assistance;
- How to Trace Cryptocurrencies & Other Virtual Assets;
- The Controversial Use of Mass Data Leaks as an Investigative Tool;
- The Legal Liabilities Faced by Investigators & Those Who Hire Them;
- The Isabel dos Santos Corruption Case;
- Litigation Funding;
- Asset Recovery; and
- Plenty More.
The OffshoreAlert Conference
The 18th Annual OffshoreAlert Conference North America will take place at the Miami Beach EDITION hotel in Miami Beach, Florida, on April 19-21.
The event attracts fraud and asset recovery specialists, insolvency practitioners, investigators, regulators, law enforcement, journalists, service providers, and other stakeholders in high-value, cross-border finance.
The networking opportunities presented by the quality and diversity of attendees is unparalleled, exceptional, and invaluable.