Former Metropolitan Police Commissioner Bernard Hogan-Howe will speak about the notorious ‘ENRC v. Dechert & Neil Gerrard‘ case at OffshoreAlert’s upcoming in-person conference in London.
Lord Hogan-Howe will be on a panel comprising lawyers Gary Miller, Johanna Walsh, and Gareth Minty, all of Mishcon de Reya law firm and Anthony Peto QC, of Blackstone Chambers.
In a format styled on BBC’s ‘Question Time’ TV program, they will take questions from attendees and discuss the implications for lawyers and investigators of the judgment in the widely-followed legal action.
The session is part of the in-person OffshoreAlert Conference on intelligence, investigations, and recovery in high-value international finance that will take place on October 17-18.
Other sessions include:
- Dubai Uncovered: The New Ground Zero for Financial Crime;
- Normalizing Fraud: The Crazy World of Crypto;
- Must-Have Investigative Tools;
- Russia: Financial Crime Intelligence & Sanctions Evasion;
- OSINT Guide to Crypto Investigations;
- Advanced Crypto Investigations & Recovery
- Too Big to Jail: HSBC’s Involvement in Financial Crime;
- The Coin That Could Wreck Crypto;
- How to Make Millions From Whistleblowing;
- Detecting Match-Fixing in Sport;
- Asset Recovery Tips;
- Asset Recovery Fails: What Went Wrong & What Are The Lessons?; and
- OneCoin: The Missing Billion-Dollar Cryptoqueen.
Speakers include intelligence specialist Christopher Steele, former Editor of The Independent Chris Blackhurst, and some of the world’s leading crypto investigators.
The 9th Annual OffshoreAlert London Conference will take place at the Leonardo Royal Hotel London St Paul’s, formerly known as the Grange St. Paul’s.
You’ll meet and mingle with more than 200 of the world’s leading intelligence-gatherers, investigators, asset recovery attorneys, insolvency practitioners, litigation funders, professional service providers, regulators, law enforcement, journalists, and others.
There will also be cocktail receptions and extended networking breaks at which attendees can develop contacts and do business.
If you’re analyzing risk, evaluating opportunity, investigating entities, resolving disputes, seeking funding, or recovering value, our event is for you.