OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
Imperial Consolidated Group
Anonymous
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2011

Posted: 8/7/2000 8:54:43 AM

By: Bob Kerr

Does anyone have any updates on this company or reccommendations?

Internal Administrator

Posted: 12/10/1999 9:25:19 AM

By: David Marchant

We strongly urge investors to think long and hard before investing with the Imperial Consolidated Group, which is based in the UK but has offices in several countries, including the Bahamas, Barbados, the Cayman Islands and Grenada.

An in-depth look at the company and its recent scrapes with regulators in four different countries was published in the November 30, 1999 edition of Offshore Alert.

The group reminds me of the Telecheck Group in Bermuda, which collapsed in December, 1993. Both promised high interest rates and claimed these rates were sustained by their underlying business of debt collection.

While Telecheck was offering only nine per cent per annum, though, the Imperial Consolidated Group is offering "guaranteed" returns of above 20 per cent per year - a rate that no-one can guarantee, in the true sense of the word.

The Imperial Consolidated Group is much bigger than Telecheck ever was and claims to employ over 200 people worldwide.

ICG appears to be a disaster waiting to happen.

David Marchant

Anonymous

Posted: 3/1/2001 12:16:41 AM

By: Duncan Ross

Britex International are marketing an Imperial Consolidated high yield product offering 12.5%pa guaranteed for 4 years with an option to invest for a further 4 years. There is a ceiling of £100M.
The story behind it is - they offer members of the UK armed forces short term loans at very high rates of interest.
Commissions paid to Britex seem to be very high. A consultant will receive 4% and based on their commission structure I would assume that at least a further 4% would be retained by Britex. There is also a competition running for the consultants 1st prize - A Ferrari, 2nd USD500,000 and a further USD1,000,000 shared between the next 18 people.
It seems that this investment is very attractive for all concerned. There must be alot of desperate service personel in the UK!!!

Anonymous

Posted: 1/29/2001 9:17:53 AM

By: Ivor Biggin

What a negative thread, if you have nothing positive in life to say, dont bother. In my dealings with Impcon in the past, i have found their website www.impcon.com to be quite useful.

Anonymous

Posted: 12/18/2000 9:47:35 AM

By: C. Conway

I tried visiting Imperial Marketing Ltd - Dubai Branch, in order to obtain more info on IC and its various funds/offerings. The address/tel no is printed in various IC brochures.
The office had closed down. A lady working for another company on the same floor of the building said that IC had used her company's P.O. Box number and did not have any other forwarding address.
The phone number in the brochure turned out to be no more than a message forwarding service. I was asked to leave my phone number and query and that it would be passed on. The telephonist had no idea who would deal with me nor any telephone nos. available. She did not know anything about IC nor when they would be in touch/where they were.

Anonymous

Posted: 12/11/2000 10:47:40 AM

By: Keith Stait-Gardner

I visited their offices in Nassau on December 5, 2000 and obtained prospectus material and audited financials (sort of). I can share this with you but I am not comfortable with them.

Anonymous

Posted: 3/8/2001 9:07:05 AM

By: Sarah W

I believe that Imperial Consolidated do employ a minimum of 200 people and their Directors are indeed very real people.
They are currently working towards Investors in People which shows that they must have some intention of making their business very much permanent and they would not be able to work towards this if the Company was in any way not entirely ligitimate.

Anonymous

Posted: 3/1/2001 4:27:07 PM

By: richards

Imperial currently advertising in Sunday Times inUK.To buy loan books etc. Offering "large" lines of credit. They say there inflow of funds is $45m per month. I cannot find any creditable references. Their offices seem somewhat plush but they claim to have 200 plus staff. A search at Companies house shows some real people as directors etc. Any info would be welcome

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.