OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
An Appeal to SSBT Depositors
Internal Administrator
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2011

Posted: 4/13/2001 1:23:36 PM

By: SSBT Florida Client

Americans have a unique heritage in this world. A heritage different from Canada's. However it's a heritage that Canadians have none the less benefited greatly from and began losing at an accelerated rate before Americans did. And have suffered financially more than Americans because of the same types of fraud now well established in both national governments.
America's founding fathers valued freedom above fortune. The signers of our Declaration Of Independence that eventually brought on revolution pledged their lives and personal fortunes to the cause of liberty. How different would the entire world be today had they not done this?
I have admiration for Michel Harajchi and SSBT. Michel is pouring more and more of his own personal wealth outside of the bank into making a stand against what I see as bureaucratic despotism and government tyranny. If he did not have a 'righteous position' commonsense would have dictated that he "cut and run." As you can see he is not running.
Is Michel Harajchi throwing good money after bad? Maybe so. But also remember that in the fight to preserve personal freedoms (in this case Michel's freedom to operate his bank within the COMPLETE limits of the law and not artificial limits enforced under colorable actions by the CB governor.) the fight must be taken up wherever the battle is found.
The real question is NOT whether our wealth will be preserved for our future generations. The question is "Will our freedoms?" and Michel understands this. Because if his bank cannot have a credit/debit card in the Bahamas then Axxess and others are next on the list.
How can anyone possibly believe that one's wealth will be preserved where one's freedom is not.

Ken

Anonymous

Posted: 4/25/2001 9:49:42 AM

By: newengland

Well put. But here is a reality check. There is an old saying that floats around the investment business when it comes to questionable pratices on behalf of regulators, it goes " where there's smoke there's fire". In other words government authorities do not usually cry wolf unless they have good cause to. I am sure that the CB of Bahamas has very good justification for its moves on SSBT whcih of course will all be played out in court. In the meantime, you as a holder of debt against SSBT, will have to sit patiently and hope the matter will be resolved quickly. My guess is you might see some of your funds back in about five years. By the way, as an American, you are declaring your worldwide investments aren't you?

Anonymous

Posted: 4/13/2001 1:35:19 PM

An additional comment.

As I understand it, SSBT has each time been the Complaintent in each of these court actions NOT the Respondent or Defendant.

Michel Harajchi hasn't 'cut and run' the depositors should n't either.

Don't misunderstand me. It's not so much a matter of standing behind Michel Harajchi. It's a matter of staking our claim against Julian Francis et al. for the damages he has caused each of us as depositors in a private Bahamian bank. And standing up for our rights.

As Benjamin Franklin once said, "We can all hang together or we can hang separately"

Anonymous

Posted: 4/26/2001 4:35:18 AM

My business structures allow me receive exempt income under the code as oppsed to taxable income.

That's the beauty of investing in a Nevada LLC holding company as a Roth IRA member. Having CFC & PFIC type income distributed to my Roth IRA no tax going in no tax when I start taking it out at age 59&1/2.

Can you show me a BETTER way? Without violating the IRC? My "Roth / LLC" structure has been reviewed by a former IRS CID Special Agent. He saw nothing wrong with it.

Additionally, there are exemptions to the requirement to disclosing signatory authority on foreign accounts.

Everything has to withstand scrutiny or you JUST DON'T DO IT.

I Went to a seminar Monday at the Univ. of Florida. Sh_t's going to hit the fan again this summer. Part of what was being covered in the trade meetings in quebec is the coming free-trade EXCLUSION against CARICOM because of most CARICOM countries are tax havens. OECD,FATF exercised a great deal of influence at the "Summit of the Americas".

Regarding "smoke & Fire" I'm so used to seeing our US government bureaucRATS over reach their limited authority that to see it happen in another country is NOT a great suprise. but it is disappointing and maddening. If the Julian Francis was in the "right" he would NOT have had to exceed the authority of his office. The smoke isn't at SSBT it's at the CB...

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.