OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
'Glenton Flynn', 'Paul Lomard', 'Martin Wright' and 'Jim Hunter'
Anonymous
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2011

Posted: 5/3/2002 8:21:32 AM

By: David Marchant

My gosh, you really don't know much about computers and the Internet do you????

Re. "I know that the company I work for has staff visit other countries on business who are authorized to use their Lap Tops from where ever they might be in the world. If anyone checked our staff's comms they would see that the I.S.P was based in Australia and therefore come to the conclusion that the sender was communication from Australia, of course they would be wrong as I suspect you are in this regard."

If you logged on to the Internet in the UK, records would now show that you logged on in the UK. They would not show that you logged on in Australia. This is basic, basic stuff. You seem to think that, because your 'company' owns your lap top and because your company is based in Australia that, whenever you log in to the Internet using that lap top, some miracle of telecommunications is going to happen.

By the way, I can't just trace an IP address to 'Australia', as you (quite hilariously) seem to think. I can trace it to the exact network which, in the case of Messrs. 'Flynn', 'Lomard', 'Wright' and 'Hunter' was:

inetnum: 203.166.43.0 - 203.166.43.3
netname: GLOBAL-WEB
descr: UUNET-AU Customer Assignment
descr: Global Web (Tiered)
descr: Australia
admin-c: UI2-AP
tech-c: UI2-AP
mnt-by: MAINT-DNS-UUNET
changed: cust-install@au.uu.net 20000714
source: APNIC

role: UUNET-AU IPAdmins
address: UUNET House, 203 Pacific Highway
address: St Leonards, NSW, 2065
phone: +61-2-9434-5000
fax-no: +61-2-9434-5888
e-mail: cust-install@au.uu.net
admin-c: UI2-AP
tech-c: BM27-AP
tech-c: RV12-AP
nic-hdl: UI2-AP
remarks: Send email about security incidents to abuse@au.uu.net
remarks: Send email about SPAM to abuse@au.uu.net
mnt-by: MAINT-DNS-UUNET
changed: cust-install@au.uu.net 20010822
source: APNIC.

The only reason I did not categorically state that they were the same person is that there is an incredibly remote possibility that four people using the same IP address all decided within a short period of each other to post messages on the message board to comment about each other's post.

I do not talk in extremes unless I have absolute proof to support it, hence my allowance for this extremely unlikely possibility. However, in reality, these messages were clearly posted by the same person.

I reiterate, I find such behavior incredibly sad and it is a sign of remarkable immaturity. It is the sort of behavior that you would usually expect only from a child.

David Marchant

Anonymous

Posted: 5/3/2002 1:56:00 AM

By: Sandy Parket

David Marchant by your admission you are not sure if the gentlemen referred too in your last posting are one and the same person. I know that the company I work for has staff visit other countries on business who are authorized to use their Lap Tops from where ever they might be in the world. If anyone checked our staff's comms they would see that the I.S.P was based in Australia and therefore come to the conclusion that the sender was communication from Australia, of course they would be wrong as I suspect you are in this regard. Ever hear of 'mail drops'? what's to stop you remailing a letter to me via the United States giving me the impression that you were in New York when in fact you might be living in the next street to me.

I'm also of the opinion that you have taken umbrage of being 'accused' yourself of being one and the same person with the nick name New Student, we might well believe this to be true as we've never heard of David Marchant.

Could it be that the other men knew Glen Flynn and rallied to his defence? - could it be possible that all of them worked for the same organization and were globally located, I would have thought a professional would first examine the possibilities of every scenario prior to labelling people and organizations as 'cons', of course its easier to blacken someone's name and/or organizations and it seems to me that you people are doing a fine job here.

I don't know which I.S.P those others were using but we have literally thousands of people connected to the same I.S.P and believe me they are not one and the same people - or could they be? NA....don't think so somehow.

I would also like to question the comments made by David Stewart about his slide remarks concerning people's grammer, I'm sure Mr Stewart realizes that the Internet is a global medium and not everyone is an Oxford Scholar, so please practise tolerance before shooting from the hip sir, personally I prefer to write a letter using simple English so that even our neighbours understand me.

I'm surprised to see that a moderator is engaged in a slanging match with his visitors, mmmmmm doesn't say much about the moderator or the website he's operating - David Marchant your slip is starting to show.

Sandy Parker
Sydney, Australia

Anonymous

Posted: 5/2/2002 7:50:56 PM

Maybe it's Ian Finlayson, Imperial's representative in Australia. Who knows?

Anonymous

Posted: 5/2/2002 7:38:06 PM

By: David Stewart

David, How could you possibly have made yourself unpopular in Australia of all places. Mind you, Imperial Consolidated (Imp Con) does have an office there, although their fraudulant offerings have generally featured better grammer than the postings you refer to. May be they have some Imp Con men posting on their behalf?. Nah could'nt be.

Internal Administrator

Posted: 5/2/2002 6:32:13 AM

Just so everyone knows, 'Glenton Flynn', 'Paul Lomard', 'Martin Wright' and 'Jim Hunter', have the same IP address - in Australia - and are almost certainly the same person, given the similar nature of their posts on similar subjects within a short time of each other.

I find it very sad that someone is so immature into adulthood that, instead of trying to have a bona fide exchange of information and opinions about a matter of common interest, they post multiple messages under multiple names, each lending support to the other, e.g 'Paul Lomard' on May 1:

"I have viewed this board with some interest, why Mr Flynn even bothers to waste his time with jurks like New Student is beyond me. I have viewed many articles written by Glenton in London's Financials and Euromoney, what's your claim to fame New Student?
You sound very immature. Whats your name? Why isn't fellows like Marchant asking YOU for your real name and credentials? Hiding behind a nickname are we. Do everybody a favour - Get Lost."

David Marchant

Anonymous

Posted: 5/5/2002 5:29:48 PM

I sent test emails to the addresses given for 'Martin Wright', 'Glenton Flynn', 'Jim Hunter', 'Sandy Parket' and 'Paul Lomard'.

Within six hours, three of them had been returned because they did not exist, namely: Jim Hunter, guernsey@gue.invesco.com; Sandy Parket, sandy@telstra.com; and Paul Lomard, citi@itnet.dk.

It is immensely sad behavior for a grown man to post multiple messages under multiple names, each supporting the other as if it was a different person, whilst giving false email addresses to boot - and then debying the obvious when challenged.

What strange world are these people living in?

Anonymous

Posted: 5/4/2002 9:15:06 PM

By: Jay D. Adkisson

In David's defense, even before he did his investigation of ISP addresses, it seemed to me to be pretty obvious that the writing styles of several of the newbee posters was identical. And it's not the first time that somebody has appeared here under several names, attempting to bolster their own posts with posts from aliases.

Oh, and David and "New Student" are not one and the same. Very different analytical and writing styles, and I've seen "New Student" post on other forums too.

The one-and-only, me.

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.