OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
Alasdair Burnie
Internal Administrator
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2011

Posted: 7/24/2002 1:23:44 PM

By: Debbie

Anyone know the whereabouts of financial advisor Alasdair Burnie, prolific salesman of ill-fated IC Mutual and other offshore funds?...last seen heading for Dubai from Singapore and no longer responding to e-mails.

Anonymous

Posted: 7/30/2002 5:03:13 AM

OK, have no intention of debating the pros and cons of free speech here with you.
I will say however that this message board provides an excellent service, it is one of the few places where ordinary investors can tap into independent information relating to the claims and performance of the industry professionals.
If that is inconvenient for you then I am afraid that is your problem.

Anonymous

Posted: 7/29/2002 3:22:57 PM

By: annonymous

There was no threat intended, just someone who is very tired with this web site accusing all and sundry before finding out the facts! Its worse than a tabloid paper sometimes! The facts in every situation matter and not the slander. Mr Burnie I assume will be happy to help with any questions, however if he doesnt know about the malicious gossip then give the guy a break before bitter people try to ruin his reputation.

Anonymous

Posted: 7/29/2002 8:28:47 AM

Thanks for replies!...although i get the feeling there was a threat contained in the anonymous one!!!
Offshore finance is a strange business. How often the victims who lose their money ( or journalists who report it) are the ones who are threatened with legal action, when they try to contact the seller..perhaps we need a 'hall of shame', similar to the one on this site, for financial advisors who threaten their clients in this way .

Anonymous

Posted: 7/27/2002 6:40:18 AM

By: paul

I have just called Mondial in Dubai and they answer as Mondial no reference to name mentioned by the annonymous writer.

Anonymous

Posted: 7/25/2002 9:14:46 AM

Mr Burnie is employed by Financial Partners International in Dubai. The company were previously called Mondial Dubai.
And whoever you are, please choose your words carefully!

Anonymous

Posted: 7/25/2002 2:46:18 AM

By: paul

If he turns up flogging more crap in Dubai i will let you know.
paul

Anonymous

Posted: 10/10/2006 2:07:19 AM

By: deverebritex

The Britex / DeVere and Partners commission for selling the Imperial Consolidated funds was 4% - but I'm sure that the managers and top salesmen were paid a lot more!

Anonymous

Posted: 8/31/2006 7:56:03 AM

By: geoff

No?...hmmm theres a surprise.

Anonymous

Posted: 7/31/2006 11:38:42 AM

By: Geoff

Alasdair,
Would you mind giving us the benefit of your insider knowledge in respect of the kind of commission you guys received for selling the Imperial funds?

Anonymous

Posted: 9/23/2002 6:00:09 AM

By: Alasdair Burnie

Dear Paul and Debbie,

As it was not myself who made any threatening remarks as you put it, but Mr Anonymous, would you care to respond directly to me so that I may answer any questions you may have.

Also who are you? One thing for certain is that you were not and are not clients of mine unless of course you also wish to remain anonymous?

I look forward to assisting you both.

Alasdair.

Anonymous

Posted: 9/23/2002 5:52:35 AM

By: Alasdair Burnie

Dear Sir,

After leaving Singapore and making sure clients were left with the existing area manager from the company I was employed by I moved to Dubai. I am legally not allowed to contact clients from my exisitng company when I left that business.
This is the reason for lack of contact. This website was brought to my attention because it obviously contains defammatory information. All products provided and marketed were with the approval and due dilligence of my previous employers.
I am more than happy to converse with any client that has an issue and I will explain my position. I would also like to make it aware that I am not trying to hide from anyone and also that it is rather unfair to make me soley responsible for a companies actions. I wonder how many other financial advisors and companies who marketed this product are willing to do this, i.e. some rather large UK institutions.

Anonymous

Posted: 7/30/2002 11:40:35 AM

By: David Marchant

Re. people seeing "some very suspect reporting" on this web-site.

Would you care to give a specific example or are you from the "they are too numerous to mention" school, i.e. you don't have any because there aren't any.

David Marchant

Anonymous

Posted: 7/30/2002 10:02:19 AM

Dear Debbie,
This web site would obviously be very good for the average investor to gain information, however the information needs to be correct, that is all I am saying. If you subscribe to this site you will actually see some factual information and some very suspect reporting. The average investor needs to know the rights and wrongs of the International Financial Services sector, with exact information and not rumour mongering from headline grabbing reporters.
In the interim may i wish you luck with your search for factual information.

Anonymous

Posted: 6/1/2007 12:50:54 AM

By: alasdair burnie

Dear All, as usual aspersions are cast if I dont answer!However bear in mind Geoff, I have to read the question for me to answer, and as I am not involved with financial services or offshore advice anymore this is not a site I access regularly. However the question seems to have already been answered. I certainly only ever received 4% for the longer tranche investments and less was paid on the 1 year tranche. I cannot remember exactly what though. This commission is not very high for an adviser, far more can be acheived from legitimate bond and fund investment. The reason for marketing the IC product was that it was pushed by management as a good product. It was simple and easy for clients and advisers to understand and invest in. I certainly had no wish to be involved in the ensuing drama that unfolded.

Anonymous

Posted: 10/23/2006 12:16:30 PM

By: Daniel Zilke

The commission for the company was 16%, and it was a lot higher than 4% at the time. Depending on who you were and were you worked. More like 8% for the advisers.

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.