OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
An open letter to Mr. Renner at Diligizer
Anonymous
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2011

Posted: 8/19/2002 1:36:36 PM

By: fininv

Many defendants settle their SEC Complaints with the following caveat: defendants (insert name) "...without admitting or denying the Commission's allegations, consented to the entry of a judgment..", which fascilitates an end to the litigation without any further expending of limited resources by both parties. Its expensive to protract litigation as we all know.

Anonymous

Posted: 8/19/2002 11:08:46 AM

By: Sooltauq

I concur that the filing of an SEC civil action does not make one a "convicted criminal".

Nonetheless, an SEC civil action against a person for running a prime bank scam is a pretty serious action, and in my mind paints them as a scammer/fraudster/con artist/crook/criminal even if they are not later pursued by the U.S. Attorney on a criminal matter. Where, as here, the SEC didn't just file but was additionally successful in winning a cease-and-desist order (which could only have been won at a hearing after the presentation of telling evidence), the conclusion that a person on the receiving end of such a judgment is an HYIP scammer is, in my opinion, inescapable.

Until the names of the scammers in the Six Capital Corporation swindle are placed on the Black List, the stench of duplicity remains.

Anonymous

Posted: 8/19/2002 10:42:00 AM

By: WatchesUU

Good observation David about the difference between SEC charges and criminal charges; I may receive other less cordial comments than yours for this misstatement.

While I am not certain the full extent of Mr. Bukovich's 'history' has been revealed on one of the Boards (were a commoner such as myself could read it), the IRS does have the authority to prosecute individuals criminally. I may have unintentionally crossed the line by stating that Mr. Bukovich has a 'criminal record', but it obviously struck me that way upon reading the information posted about him thus far. Likely I am not alone in that misconception given the furor around the Diligizer Board and his involvement.

Anonymous

Posted: 8/19/2002 10:18:05 AM

By: David Marchant

I must point out that Tony Bukovich does not have a criminal record that I know of.

He was a losing defendant in a civil lawsuit filed by the SEC. It was not a criminal action and, in fact, the SEC does not have any powers to bring criminal actions.

This is very important. Losing a civil lawsuit does not make someone a criminal.

David Marchant

Internal Administrator

Posted: 8/19/2002 9:59:20 AM

By: WatchesUU

I am fairly new to the DD world, however, after reading the "statement" you posted on your Board I am compelled to comment on your lack of due diligence in preventing damage to individuals, and your Board for that matter, when issues and rumours were running rampant during the past few weeks.

You apologised to Lisa Arden for the 'flaming' that occurred the weekend before her name was added to the Black List, however, I am incredulous that you would make such an apology when you could have put a stop to the horrific number of inappropriate and disgusting comments placed on the Diligizer and other Boards. You should be ashamed of yourself.

In addition, if DDman, aka Tony Buchovich really does have a criminal record AND he is associated with your Board, then he should have been added to the Black List as well. Apparently, you have allowed an incredible double standard to exist among the 'volunteers' you have invited/allowed into your fraud fighting world.

As for the individuals who are largely responsible for the 'flaming' of each other, the various Boards and honourable individuals such as David Marchant, you PERSONALLY should have intervened. To allow such childish, inappropriate and consuming posts was negligently irresponsible at a minimum and, perhaps, actionable at a maximum.

You stated that allowing the information, concerning Ms. Arden's name being placed on the Black List, to leak out prior to the event was "wrong", yet it was obviously not wrong enough for you to take action once it became clear that this information would be used to create a brouhaha. Your lack of action to control the intentional acts of the persons responsible is appalling and incomprehensible.

Really, what is wrong with you that you remained anonymously in the background during all of this? Anonymity is one thing, but lack of leadership and responsibility for your non-profit venture is another.

Thank you for finally making a statement, for that you are to be commended, tardy as it may be. I will continue to read your Board with the hope that the bad behaviours of the past will be immediately dealt with by you. Obviously you cannot be expected to personally contact each individual who posts an inappropriate comment, however, if users post taunting comments merely intended to discredit or bate another individual, then I think everyone would expect your prompt and personal intervention.

Perhaps now we can all get back to the business of investigating potential scams and preventing innocent people from being defrauded.

Good day.

Anonymous

Posted: 8/19/2002 2:30:57 PM

By: David Marchant

Although in Mr. Bukovich's case, he denied the allegations, it went to trial and he lost.

I have ordered the documents and I expect them to arrive this week. They will be posted on this web-site in the 'Free Documents' section.

David Marchant

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.