OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
AM Costa Rica: Another broker cuts ties with Noni tubbies
Internal Administrator
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2011

Posted: 5/5/2003 12:11:17 PM

By: Okke Ornstein

"One Costa Rican contact mentioned in the Panama News article is Saskia Delic, broker of Happy Whale Real Estate based in Uvita. 

She said via e-mail over the week end: "Due to all the negative news and the general vagueness that surrounds the project I have decided to no longer promote the project. I have written to my two customers that had wired their down payments that they should not wire the balance. I sent both these customers the Panama News article. Both have decided to ask for their money back and are in the process of doing so."

Full article can be found at:

http://www.amcostarica.com/

Okke Ornstein

Anonymous

Posted: 5/12/2003 12:18:40 PM

By: Mike Kneeley

Okke,

I am interested in investing in Panama, and I don't want to fall into a "San Cristobal" like trap that I have been reading about. Does anyone know of a company called Panamadera who deal in a similar reforestation project? If so, are they trustworthy?

Thanks,
Mike

Anonymous

Posted: 5/8/2003 11:42:52 PM

By: Okke Ornstein

It has been said that Salvador Dali refused to visit Panama because even for him it was too surreal. I have been reminded about that a lot over the last days by everything that transpired over here. I am however convinced it would be completely unfair to suggest that noni tubbies would have anything to do with shooting incidents in Colombia and the assasination of my immigration attorney (a very nice old man right out of a Marquez novel who worked mainly for the poor from his "office" with just a phone, an old Remmington typewriter and a pack of legal size paper), even though Tom McMurrain in one email to me claimed to have me under investigation and followed 24 hours a day and know everything about me, including the name of my attorney. I assumed this was just stupid big boy tough talk and I still do.

Part two of the San Cristobal saga will be out this weekend, with new revelations, among which the truth about the threatening and cyberstalking campaign that has been occurring over the last weeks and more on the "business" history of the principals of San Cristobal.

Re Quatloos: sure, why not. Contact me privately about how and what.

Okke Ornstein

Anonymous

Posted: 5/7/2003 2:12:50 PM

By: Panama Pete

Perilous times in Panama, especially for Okke Ornstein. The Noni Tubbies made veiled threats, listing peoples passport numbers, associated attorney and other private info. An innocent lady was also advised to "go back to Colombia".
Monday, the lady's address in Colombia was attacked by a gunman. Tuesday, Okke's attorney sat in church alone, a unknown person came in and shot him. The attorney died today.
I will add, it is highly unlikely that the noni tubbies are involved in these incidents, but they have the interest of the PTY (panamanian FBI equivalent), and there are no allegations at this point.
Okke is flying by the seat of his pants!

Anonymous

Posted: 5/5/2003 11:30:58 PM

By: Sooltauq

Okke,

For what it is worth, I think you have done good work on this story. If there is something I can post about this scam on my website, which has very high traffic volume and ranks very high in the search engines, just let me know.

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.