OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
Frank Porter Stansberry
Internal Administrator
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2011

Posted: 8/3/2003 10:10:09 AM

By: David Marchant

There was an article in the New York Times today about a securities lawsuit filed by the SEC against Frank Porter Stansberry and his employer, Agora Inc., which has previously been reported in OffshoreAlert.

What particularly interested me in the Times article was a section at the end, which read:

_____

Mr. Stansberry, 30, described his qualifications at his deposition. "I worked at various times in college in the fields of pizza delivery and lifeguarding," he said. He started at Agora in 1996 as a file clerk.

_____

David Marchant

Anonymous

Posted: 8/5/2003 2:54:58 AM

By: cyrille Emery

Sounds like this J.D Davidson is a jack of many trades with a respectable facade.
He is the main shareholder of Investors Communications International who promoted some pump n dump stocks such as Vega Atlantic, Intergold Corp, Hado Resources and Genemax, BEV Systems International...

The plot used extensively offshore companies :
Latitude 32 holdings (Bahamas)
Aberdeen Holdings Ltd (Belize)
Calista Capital Corp (Antigua)
Spartan Asset Group (Antigua)
Pacific Rim Financial Inc (UK)
Eastern Capital Corp (UK)
Eiger Properties (Basel, Switzerland)
Rising Sun Capital Corp (Bermuda)

A more detailed version is available on www.stocklemon.com

Anonymous

Posted: 8/4/2003 11:03:58 PM

By: antonio

Davidson,ICI,and Edgetech.....
'We also know that Edgetech is inclined to pumping their stock as they previously announced their affiliation with ICI, that group from Blaine, Washington who, along with their Canadian pal promoters, have been some of the most outspoken proponents of the "custody only" trading game. Of course Edgetech likewise threw their hat in that ring while claiming to be innocent and unwitting victims of naked shortsellers.

'For those that don't know, ICI was the initial promoter for this custody only movement and is responsible, in part, for the millions of investor dollars which have been lost in GMXX to name but one of their ICI lead custody only schemes. GMXX (Genemax) was basically "ground zero" for the movement and, as such, attracted a veritable who's-who of pump and dump artists including one of our previously featured bad guys, James Dale Davidson himself....'
www.our-street.com

Anonymous

Posted: 8/4/2003 9:52:40 PM

By: antonio

Although Stansberry is no more than a stooge or fall guy for James Dale Davidson I would not dismiss such a con artist out of hand.Just investigate all the penny stock scams his master,James Dale Davidson, is involved in.There is gmxx, mivt,evsc,bevi,cply, and on and on.

As for the shear amount of pump and dump scams and debenture dumping,no one has written the real James Dale Davidson story but I cant wait.And he hides his defrauding of the American and other investing public in offshores and manipulates not only through mass mailings but by what I can only term cyberfraud.At present I suspect he was the brains behind the stop naked shorting scam as a cover for his debenture dumping.

And Davidson lies to the SEC saying he has a small holding in evsc for a patent that,if written, was never approved and really plagiarises that of Stanfords nicotine patent.AND THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN HE SAYS HE HAS SUBSTANTIAL EVSC SHARES. YET FOR SOME REASON THE COMPANY MANAGERS AID AND ABET HIS FRAUD.

I feel pretty sure his evsc shares came from either the offshore Balmore S.A. or Celeste but it will take an investigation to get to the bottom of it.As to free speech,I believe it should end where fraud begins.Although I am a fanatic of free speech,I dont condone yelling fire in a crowded theatre.And the ones who do, such as Davidson and other cyberfrauds,are the very ones who threaten free speech.

Has anyone compiled all the penny stocks he has manipulated for his own economic ends or the shear amount of email fraud
and postal fraud he has dumped on the public? If one reviews his writings one is left to the conclusion that offshore fraud and money laundering compliments his postal fraud and cyberfraud.'Blood in the Streets'in deed.

Anonymous

Posted: 8/4/2003 11:35:59 AM

By: Interesting Article

David, that was a fascinating and thought provoking article. Occasionally the staff of the Enforcement Division steps over the line and improvidently brings a complaint that, in retrospect, should have been shelved.

I believe this is one of those cases.

1. There are strong First Amendment and free market (i.e., business) interests in allowing the free expression of ideas about companies. In a free marketplace, many of these ideas will be wrong, misguided, or foolish. The answer to such misguided speech is more speech, not stifling the incorrect speech.

2. The connection between the misdeeds of the publisher and the purchase and sale of the stock are attenuated. It may be more accurate to say there was fraud in connection with the purchase and sale of the report. That is a common law fraud, however, not something within the jurisdiction of the SEC.

3. None of the so-called victims has complained.

4. The Commission would be squandering their resources on a case such as this, when far more serious cases currently go unprosecuted.

Anonymous

Posted: 8/3/2003 10:13:58 AM

By: David Marchant

Thgere is an interesting exchange of information vis-a-vis Stansberry at http://briandeer.com/vaxgen/porter-stansberry.htm.

David Marchant

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.