OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
Yank Berry/Jay Gotlieb
Internal Administrator
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2011

Posted: 1/14/2004 4:49:25 AM

By: finiganloshta

I hear these two shakers are hanging out together in Nassua.Lock them up

Anonymous

Posted: 1/15/2004 10:43:49 AM

By: curios

What was the name of the "boiler room" operation and exactly what did Quinn go to jain for? Was Jay Gottlieb ever charged?

Anonymous

Posted: 1/15/2004 9:12:40 AM

By: buckythewonderhorse

He is Thomas Quinn partner.They ran a massive boiler room operation in europe in the early 90's.Quinn did four years and Jay should have aswell.He still runs rooms out the Bahamas and is said to go both ways.

Anonymous

Posted: 1/14/2004 4:29:28 PM

By: curios

Met Jay Gottlieb in Nassau a couple of times. What exactly is his story?

Anonymous

Posted: 1/14/2004 2:24:14 PM

By: lucasdelblack

Do you mean Jay"boiler room"Gotlieb and his partner Thomas Quinn are hanging out in the Bahamas?? With Yank Barry

Anonymous

Posted: 1/14/2004 8:43:35 AM

By: David Marchant

There are several articles in our 'Story Library' about Yank Barry's criminal proceedings in Texas.

I have never seen a stranger case and, in my opinion, it screams for an investigation into the judge who handled it.

After being found guilty of money laundering and bribery and facing up to 20 years in prison, Barry, who has a previous conviction for extortion, was not only released pending sentencing but was actually allowed to return to the Bahamas to continue living there.

More than two years after the verdict, he has still not been sentenced and the judge has not even ruled on any motions for more than one year.

The case has 'judicial corruption' written all over it.

David Marchant

Anonymous

Posted: 3/15/2009 9:47:19 PM

By: Todd

queer crack addict. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Posted: 2/12/2006 7:13:58 PM

By: jay gotlieb

Rob Kertzner hosted a golf tournament.I know they had a boiler room together a few years ago.When they were tied up and pistol wipped.You can tell jay by his big mouth,word is he goes both ways.

Anonymous

Posted: 1/30/2006 12:47:54 AM

By: shadow

He lives outside old fort bay in nassau, he is easy to spot. i saw him at a mj golf tourn hosted by Kerzner just this week. He is a peice of work.

Anonymous

Posted: 6/28/2004 1:18:07 PM

By: ct

Jay Gotlieb, alias Mr Banks, was Quinns Man in Madrid.
His company was called TimeZone, does anyone know the whereabouts of Mr. Jay Gotlieb, we would like to know.

Inspector CT

Anonymous

Posted: 6/15/2004 7:45:40 PM

By: bill parker

A slimy coke addicted conman with no consience

Anonymous

Posted: 1/15/2004 6:28:14 PM

By: sander seigel

You say Jay Gotlieb goes both ways.Im not shocked at all and I wouldn't share a hotel room with him if you paid me.

Anonymous

Posted: 1/15/2004 1:42:22 PM

By: buckythewonderhorse

He was lucky and fled Spain before they could have charged the rude little guy with a big ego.He knew they grabbed Quinn so he took off.He loves the powder and a few years ago had a bad thing happen.An employee kidnapped him and Rob Kurzner .They were tied up and held for 29 hours until police came.I hear he went dodo in his pants several times and cried .Hopefully he will to time one of these days.

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.