OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
Adam LaFavre, Jason Ripley in Travis Correll Fraud
Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2011

Posted: 3/4/2008 11:34:31 AM

By: MN_scam

No, no updates yet that I am aware of. I keep searching for more information and come up with nothing. The waiting is so frustrating!

Anonymous

Posted: 3/3/2008 4:58:00 PM

By: Jim Swenson

Is there any update on Adam LaFavre case?

Internal Administrator

Posted: 9/5/2007 3:42:36 PM

It appears all the scheming of Adam LaFavre and Jason Ripley has finally caught up with them.

These two were involved in the Learn Waterhouse fraud of Randy Treadwell, but so far had managed to escape any prosecution or even investigation. After the Learn Waterhouse scam was exposed, they became involved with Travis Correll and were scamming MILLIONS in Minneapolis. Maybe charges will be coming soon for these two??? I hope the SEC will follow this up with ponzi scheme/bank fraud charges (in addition to the IRS allegations).

Here's a link to the recent article from the local paper (Star Tribune), as it appeared on msnbc.com:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20551971/

Anonymous

Posted: 10/20/2009 7:47:45 PM

I just discovered that Brian Gust, who was mentioned in earlier messages, passed away in March of this year. I meant no disrespect in mentioning his name in any way - I was simply passing on facts, and my heartfelt condolences and prayers are with his family.

Anonymous

Posted: 10/20/2009 7:43:58 PM

I hadn't heard of that connection, but in doing some research it seems very likely as the founder of those companies, Brian Gust, is a long-time friend of Jason Ripley. As far as I know, though, neither of those companies nor Brian were ever mentioned in any of the Federal documents.

I'm beginning to wonder if the pending criminal investigation will ever go anywhere, as it has been THREE YEARS since the Feds announced they were launching a criminal investigation and yet there has been NOTHING to come of it - not a single thing in THREE YEARS - yet the major players in these scams (Jason, Adam and others) continue their lavish lifestyles and spending other people's money. Will justice ever be served?

Anonymous

Posted: 3/3/2009 12:28:58 PM

By: Jim klondike

What about Olympic ministries Lakeville Minnesota aka Olympic Colors in business with Jason and Travis.

Anonymous

Posted: 3/7/2008 11:38:56 AM

I just found an update in the court records. A hearing was scheduled for this week for the civil case, but there has been a stay because criminal charges are pending. Apparently there is a Federal criminal investigation underway for violations including securities fraud, wire fraud, tax fraud and money laundering. I don't know when indictments will be coming, but it sounds like it won't be long.

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.