OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
Beware of Marina Buhler-Miko, Washington, DC
Internal Administrator
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2011

Posted: 9/26/2007 7:01:32 AM

By: Larry

many stories to tell regarding her misdeeds now and in the past. Caveat Emptor!! She's not what she claims to be. If anyone is willing to exchange information, contact me via email.

Anonymous

Posted: 12/10/2007 8:10:07 PM

By: Steve

Thomas / Larry,

I note that you are still appearing to claim inaccuracies as facts, that your attempts to paint a very one sided picture continues, and that you are still believing everything that Tessler and his "partners" tell you despite the evidence being to the contrary.

In a few weeks these issues will be in front of the courts and we will have to wait and see whether the court believes, like many, that Tessler is a crook.

Anonymous

Posted: 12/10/2007 3:01:31 PM

Hey, Steve,

Nope, I don't have this one wrong at all!

And, since you have chosen to comment on the matter, I will chime in as well.

Part of your statement is inaccurate, and part is accurate! You are INACURRATE when you state that Ben Tessler is "the real crook involved here". Mr. Tessler is one of four individuals who are Members of Garsington Partners, LLC. and who have lost all of their money placed with Garsington because of Marina Buhler-Miko's misdeeds while acting as Executive Manager of Garsington. You are ACCURATE that Mr. Tessler is running the company now, which became the case when he and 3 of the other Members removed Marina as the Executive Manager and replaced her with Mr. Tessler as the new Executive Manager.

I have learned that in late 2005 Mr. Tessler and the 3 other victims loaned Garsington a total of $750,000.00, and Marina loaned the company $250,000.00 as well. It is not clear if all of the money Marina loaned to Garsington was hers, or part or all of it was owned by others.

I have also learned that in December of 2005 Marina traveled to Athens, Greece, on behalf of Garsington and opened a bank account at Marfin Bank, and then she caused $1,000,000.00 of Garsington’s funds to be transferred to an account in Garsington’s name at Marfin. She told the other Members that all of those funds would stay in the Garsington account at Marfin.

However, during the time Marina was in Athens, she met with an individual named Agisilaos Cofinas a/k/a Paul Cofinas d.b.a. both Cazador Enterprises, Inc. and Foothill Services. Marina became enamored with Mr. Cofinas and signed an agreement with him to invest Garsington’s $1,000,000.00 with him so that he could invest the money in Forex trading. (In that Agreement, David Sharp was to earn a commission of 1% on income earned, which he was subsequently paid as income was earned and distributed.)

Once the money was sent to Marfin Bank, Marina immediately transferred all the money to Cofinas’ account within the same bank (Marfin) WITHOUT THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE OTHER MEMBERS OF GARSINGTON. Cofinas was to use only approximately 4% of the money for trading Forex and to provide Garsington with statements of accounts regarding his performance. The statements were few and far between and in 2006, the “profits” paid were far less than proposed by Cofinas, and Marina continued to support Cofinas. The few payments of “profits” made were to be considered partial repayment of the loans made to Garsington by the Members.

When Cofinas failed to pay Garsington anything after October of 2006, and Marina wouldn’t disclose what was happening to the other Members – saying everything was “secret”, the other Members requested Marina to ask Cofinas for their money back. Subsequently, Marina told the other Members that the money was gone!! So, Steve, now you know the reason why Garsington hasn’t repaid the $250,000.00 loan to Marina. She released all of Garsington’s $1,000,000.00 to Cofinas, who has either stolen the money or lost it in one of more transactions.

This prompted Tessler and the 3 remaining Members to remove Marina from the office of Executive Manager and to retain an attorney with whom they could collaborate to determine a plan of action to recover their money.

Contrary to what you say, I have verified that Tessler is NOT the sole signatory of any Garsington accounts, which held only a few hundred dollars on the date (September 23, 2007) when Marina was removed as Executive Manager of Garsington by the majority of the Members.

So, Stevie baby, who most likely is really David Sharp, what do you have to say about this. I really look forward to your reply.

Lastly, just to let you know, Stevie, this is matter is NOT GOING AWAY!! Mr. Tessler and the other 3 Members are determined to either recover all of their money and costs to recover same or see to it that justice is served against Marina, David Sharp and Paul Cofinas.

Anonymous

Posted: 12/6/2007 12:07:54 PM

By: Steve

It appears that Larry has got this one wrong.

The real crook involved here seems to be a guy by the name of Ben Tessler who it turns out is the guy that runs the company that took the money from clients (including apparently Miko who put in a quarter of all of the money herself). The accounts for the company appear to show Miko has been owed over $250k by the company for more than a year.

Tellingly, Tessler appears to have sole signatory authority on the bank accounts of the company!!!! Not the first time we have seen the crooks try and shift everything on to the victims, and I suspect it won't be the last.

Anonymous

Posted: 10/31/2007 5:59:20 AM

She and David Sharp of the Colchester area of the United Kingdom are working together promoting Paul Cofinas, who operates in London and Stockton-On-Tees,Cleveland, in the United Kingdom. They claim Cofinas is one of the top 10 traders in Forex in the world. Maybe this is true and maybe it isn't, but it has been verified that many investors have lost a lot of money with these people and cannot get it back.

If any of them promote you or anyone you know, it is suggested that you check their backgrounds out thoroughly and have them prove to you the past successes they claim, or contact me to discuss everything before any money is invested.

time4arest@yahoo.com

Anonymous

Posted: 10/31/2007 5:55:16 AM

Cofinas, who operates in London and Stockton-On-Tees,Cleveland, in the United Kingdom. They claim Cofinas is one of the top 10 traders in Forex in the world. Maybe this is true and maybe it isn't, but it has been verified that many investors have lost a lot of money with these people and cannot get it back.

If any of them promote you or anyone you know, it is suggested that you check their backgrounds out thoroughly and have them prove to you the past successes they claim, or contact me to discuss everything before any money is invested.

time4arest@yahoo.com

Anonymous

Posted: 7/14/2009 6:50:13 PM

By: kostas cofinas

I find this article very interesting and would welcome anyone from anywere in the world to supply me with proof and facts to support these ridiculous and un founded allegations . I strongly advise the authors of this statement that if my repuation or my business should be effected in anyway shape or form from this nonsense childs play that i will make it my business to start proceedings immediatley against all involved.In the meantime i have enclosed my email so you can contact me direct and maybe you can explain to me how you have made an identity mistake and how you will be removing this nonsense from the bloggs before i open a legal case against the people whom are sadly very mistaken or playing games .

May i also advise you that if i was the gentleman you seem to know and i was someone with whom you had invested with would you not know how to spell my name .it is not costas it is Kostas !!

regards

kostas Cofinas

Anonymous

Posted: 11/2/2008 5:47:19 PM

I read with shock about Paul Cofinas as he and his son Costas have taken money from people I know and they have promised them huge returns and now they are avoiding them and have not returned any money back. What do you sujest they do ?

Anonymous

Posted: 3/31/2011 9:57:34 AM

By: wow

I guess you as a private detective are offering to sell his whereabouts? What do you charge for such information or perhapos misinformation. Whos to say YOU aren't a con man!?

Anonymous

Posted: 3/31/2011 9:25:43 AM

By: wow

can someone tell me how you find people who hand over vast sums of money to someone whom they have no means of finding or tracking down? Surely if people are that dumb they deserve to lose their money. I read things like oh yeh, they ripped me off, yeh he ripped people of in greece as well. How does he/they secure the funds without the provision of legal identity or residence documents or am I being too niave?

Anonymous

Posted: 10/10/2010 4:57:36 AM

By: Mike Karydas

Dear sirs,
Your Article on 12/10/07, relating to Paul Cofinas having the title :Re: Beware of Marina Buhler-Miko, Washington, DC, is of great interest to me , as it seems that this individual has been involved in numerous money fraud related scandals in Greece as well as the US, via companies that he presumably represents. As I am currently gathering information on this individual I would appreciate sharing any information on the above subject/s as I am trying to take legal actions on the individual.

Kind regards

Makis Karydas
Athens Greece
+30 6944474354

Anonymous

Posted: 3/2/2010 3:40:42 AM

By: Barrack Obama

Yes he owes me a Billion Dollars

Anonymous

Posted: 9/8/2009 6:25:58 AM

By: mr c stead

are you still trying to trace agisilaos cofinas aka paul cofinas ?

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.