OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
YANK BARRY(6)
Internal Administrator
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2011

Posted: 4/11/2008 10:09:01 AM

By: Shlomo

Yank in court for trial on 3 charges - 1. Conspiracy 2. Bribery 3. money laundering.
Trial date: April 22 2008 at 9am

Judge Lynn N.Hughes - US District Court - Southern District of Texas - Case # H-98-18

Anonymous

Posted: 4/17/2008 1:11:11 PM

By: David Marchant

Given that the re-trial is a bench trial before the same judge (Lynn Hughes) who overturned the jury's guilty verdicts the first time around, I would expect Barry to be acquitted. I find it very hard to believe that this judge, whose actions in the first trial were suspiciously bizarre and incompetent, will find Bary guilty, regardless of the evidence.

I am amazed that Hughes is being allowed to preside over the re-trial. I have no confidence in his ability to adjudicate this matter professionally or impartially.

David Marchant

Anonymous

Posted: 4/13/2008 5:27:50 PM

By: benji isreali

I personally think Yank will go down this time.Once he knows he is going to jail he will sing very loudly. All crimms he knows or has done deals with loose sleep.

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.