OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
Annuities and Life Insurance and Asset Protection
Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2011

Posted: 9/15/2008 7:00:36 PM

By: L Fuckerbraun

Watch out for bad people, there are more bad firms offering Annuities and Insurance products than one can imagine.

Anonymous

Posted: 8/12/2008 6:04:23 PM

By: Birds of a Feather

Was it this year or last that Barry Engle finally settled the litigation against him that accused that he had grossly overbilled a trust?

Some weird characters have passed through the doors of that firm over the years, starting with Rudman (former Esq.), as well as the freakshow that was the Offshore Institute.

Anonymous

Posted: 8/11/2008 4:04:59 AM

By: Only Thing I Have Heard

The only thing I have heard is that one of the authors (Mario) has a habit for overbilling clients. I have not been overwhelmed with his academic prowess, but that is just my opinion.

Internal Administrator

Posted: 8/10/2008 12:04:19 AM

By: Wiley Finance

Any thought about this new book http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Swiss-Annuities-and-Life-Insurance/Marco-Gantenbein/e/9780470118115/?itm=1

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.