OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
Swiss bank failures vs US bank failures
Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2011

Posted: 11/6/2009 8:03:45 PM

By: crime sniffer

Have your criminals please send my money back as I have provided for them well over the years, I clothed, housed and paid them---Now I need my money back ASAP

Internal Administrator
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2011

Posted: 11/6/2009 7:33:47 AM

By: Hans

Swiss Bank Failures - 2009, 2008 and 2007: zero

US Bank Failures - 2009, 2008 and 2007:

Since February 2007, assets of all U.S. bank failures totaled a staggering $503.0 billion with deposits totaling $341.8 billion. Through October 30th, there have been 115 bank failures in 2009 with assets totaling $126.8 billion and at a cost to the FDIC's Deposit Insurance Fund (DIF) of $29.45 billion, the three largest bank failures being BankUnited with $12.8 billion in assets, Colonial Bank with $25 billion in assets and Guaranty Bank with $13 billion in assets. In 2008, there were 25 bank
failures with assets totaling $373.6 billion. Washington Mutual Bank, which failed Feb 2008 and with assets totaling $307 billion, is by far the largest US bank failure in recent history.

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.