OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
David Rosenberg
Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2011

Posted: 11/30/2009 4:28:30 PM

By: matt

Yes, thats the guy. He was a loader at A.C. McPherson in Toronto before his Amsterdam days.

Anonymous

Posted: 11/30/2009 4:06:14 AM

By: nemji

Is this guy from Toronto? Used to work at broker dealers and would around 45?

Internal Administrator

Posted: 11/29/2009 7:20:06 PM

I hear he has been involved in Viva Source some vitamin scam for the last couple of years. They sell some crappy vitamins and then rope people into buying shares in their company. I am sure that the OSC will be on them at any moment.
He is still wanted in Belgium for his stint at Grimaldi Hoffman in Amsterdam in 1993 and 1994. He got a 2 year sentence their.

Anonymous

Posted: 12/1/2009 12:07:19 PM

Nah, you got it all wrong man.
This guy is a family man afraid of his own shadow.
Lives in Toronto with his wife and 3 girls. He is not a big player.
He has been around the block a few times and loves to know what everyone else is doing.

Anonymous

Posted: 12/1/2009 11:25:05 AM

By: knightmare3000

this may sound outrageous. but in the book the Invisible investor by Peter Trevellian they chronicle a person that sounds like this individual. about the vitamins. taking it public and then eventually going to Amerstdam to live on the lam as invisible. perhaps it could help in your tracking. I realize the book was vehicle for marc harris and he was convicted on a freon scam his company in panama went defunct. but still it may help to read the book.

Anonymous

Posted: 12/1/2009 11:16:55 AM

Yep, he was a full blown partner in a scam in Budapest in 1995 and Robert Kurtzer was his partner in that.
Jay Gottlieb as we all know lives in Lyford Cay in Nassau. I hear that he is still in the boiler room game eventhough he made millions in Europe in the 80's and was later responsible for providing the deals to Leslie Sheridan Cox who of course was Grimaldi Hoffman, Moore McKenzie and Mendes Prior.

Anonymous

Posted: 12/1/2009 10:53:26 AM

By: koncky

so whats the latest with jay gottlieb? You mentioned a boiler room in Budapest . Im well aware of the hostage taking with Robert Kurtzner .

Anonymous

Posted: 12/1/2009 9:14:58 AM

Hey,I think I made a mistake with the timeline on my info.
He worked at A.C. McPherson after his stints in Europe and Nassau.
Not only did he work in Amsterdam but also in Budapest in a boiler room that he was partners in.
He also worked for Jay Gottlieb in Nassau. The Nassau thing got ugly but fortunately for Rosenberg he was not there when his brother and several others were held captive for a few days.

Anonymous

Posted: 12/2/2009 8:37:27 AM

Do you want his home address and telephone, cell or work?
I can give you all of them.

Anonymous

Posted: 12/2/2009 8:28:01 AM

By: randyh

Hey, I would love to get in touch with Rosie.
Can you provide his contsact details?

Anonymous

Posted: 12/1/2009 1:58:16 PM

I thought this was about David Rosenberg.
Who cares about Harris or even Gotlieb.
You guys wanted to know if David Rosenberg was the Toronto based boiler room guy and the answer is yes.
Check out Viva Source, you will find him as President and can contact him there directly.
If you need home address, just say so.

Anonymous

Posted: 12/1/2009 1:21:45 PM

By: crackhead

Jay is the one and only player that anyone should pay attention to.I wish someone would put a stop to his boiler room activities.

Anonymous

Posted: 12/1/2009 1:17:47 PM

By: crackhead

what book.The marc harris from canada or the one in jail .There is a Mark Harris that worked with braynt cragun in Manila.Jay is a major player in the world of boiler rooms and that Cox dude has worked for jay for over 15 years.Crack head!!!

Anonymous

Posted: 12/3/2009 9:50:40 AM

By: marty katz

Did he do the time or he split and is wanted in Europe.

Anonymous

Posted: 12/3/2009 6:42:35 AM

Cox was in jail in Taiwan but got out a few years ago. Rumour is that he is in Ireland. BUT who cares about Cox, the person who we all need to focus on now is DAVID A. ROSENBERG.
If no one else cares that he is pulling over this Viva Source scam now for years then I will get the ball rolling.
He must be stopped and stopped immediately.

Anonymous

Posted: 12/2/2009 11:38:56 PM

By: Al

thought cox was in jail? where is he operating now then?

Anonymous

Posted: 12/2/2009 6:17:27 PM

What about them?
They are both still in business and the game goes on for them.
More importantly, what about David Rosenberg? When are the walls going to start caving in on him and his vitamin scam?
Why is no one after him yet?
He even has his father a former Phil, a former pharmacist who worked at Hy and Zels in the scam with him.
Lets get him!
Anyone ready to call the OSC or CRA???

Anonymous

Posted: 12/2/2009 2:52:29 PM

By: josh herrington

what about jay gotlieb and sheridan cox?????

Anonymous

Posted: 12/2/2009 9:02:54 AM

By: randyh

Sure, I will take them all.

Anonymous

Posted: 12/3/2009 3:10:23 PM

I wouldn't say I know alot about David Rosenberg but I have a very good friend who does. So I know his every move now.
David Rosenberg missed the hostage taking because he just happened to go home to Toronto to his wife Roberta coincidentally before it happened. However, his brother Jeremy who also worked there was held hostage. I think they had him in a cupboard and they even threw gasoline on someone.
I doubt that Gotlieb pissed himself but he did outsmart the guys who were holding them hostage. And Robert Kurtzer's wife Rosa also helped save their asses because she hadn't heard from her hubby and contacted the Nassau police, or so the story goes.
Don't you worry, David Rosenberg will very shortly be getting his!

Anonymous

Posted: 12/3/2009 2:42:52 PM

By: carlo

You seem to know alot ,and this guy has been phone hooking for over 25 years.When Jay Gotlieb was held hostage in the Bahamas you say David worked there yet missed the ordeal.I had heard that jay soiled himself several times during the ordeal can you confirm that?

Anonymous

Posted: 12/3/2009 12:00:25 PM

Who cares?
Should the world forget about Bernie Madoff or any other swindlers?
Someone has to stop guys like David Rosenberg who perpetuate fraud against the general public.

Anonymous

Posted: 12/3/2009 11:33:28 AM

By: torpedo

Why is there such interest in this guy all of the sudden?

Anonymous

Posted: 12/3/2009 10:10:29 AM

No, unlike some of other people he worked with in Amsterdam for Sheridan Cox at Grimaldi Hoffman, he never has got caught.
He didn't travel for many years as he was petrified.
I heard that he was going into the USA once and they pulled him over and questioned him but let him go. He has travelled since to The Bahamas and Mexico without any problems.
He does have a 2 year sentence waiting for him in Belgium.

Anonymous

Posted: 1/6/2010 11:00:14 AM

By: johnboy

A few weeks ago I saw a death notice of a Judy Rosenberg and David and his wife's names were mentioned.
Does anyone know if that was this crooks sister?

Anonymous

Posted: 12/13/2009 12:17:02 AM

what was the complaint that was filed in the states, do they not know where the crooks are? sounds like he is listed in the white pages even. do spill all to protect us from the bad guys.

Anonymous

Posted: 12/10/2009 8:40:25 PM

By: Biff

thats all? these boys are the shiznay'

Anonymous

Posted: 12/7/2009 1:21:19 PM

By: skip

David Rosenberg's wife's name is Roberta (Robbie). She is in her forties, so I don't know where your getting your info from but you are way off on the age thing.
His home telephone is under her name R. Rosenberg on Chipstead Road.
Why not just live and let crooks live? No one is hurting you.

Anonymous

Posted: 12/4/2009 5:56:28 PM

By: ross

Wow! Why don't you tell us what you really think.
Rob Kurtzer is a nut and yes, he is also a career fraudster.
David Rosenberg's deal, Viva Source, to the best of my knowledge has not gone public yet. The scam is that they tell people it will be listed but he has been doing this for several years now.
I hear that they have a client in the US who has filed a complaint.
I am sure both the Feds and OSC will be knocking on their door one day. Funny thing is that they are not calling from the location that they list on their website. That is the oldest trick in the book.But all you need to do is follow the phone lines wherever they are being forwarded to.

Anonymous

Posted: 8/24/2010 12:45:26 PM

By: arthur c

Any news on David Rosenberg lately?

Anonymous

Posted: 2/26/2010 11:33:23 AM

By: Matt

Is it true that the OSC walked in on Viva Source?

Anonymous

Posted: 1/18/2010 9:30:26 AM

The answer to your question is no, it was his wife's sister, not his.
Anyone hear anything more about Viva Source lately?

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

BAHAMAS  
BERMUDA  
BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS  
CAYMAN ISLANDS  
Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.