OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
PDF document on Nazim Burke in circulation
Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2011

Posted: 9/23/2010 6:22:44 AM

By: Brian Steele

Interesting development. The site is run by a person that appears to be very much in support of the party that was previously in power (the one that was responsible for making Grenada known for its relationships with such wondeful characters like Van Brink and Resteiner and others).

The aim of the site seems to be to throw as much dirt on the current party in power. Most of their "dirt" seems to be over-blown, over-hyped stuff, but this document seemed to be one of the most damning. Now it seems to be fraudulent in nature. I'm curious as to what the owner of the site is now going to do with it .

Anonymous

Posted: 9/23/2010 4:51:52 AM

By: David Marchant

Thanks for this posting.

No, I did not create this document.

I received an email yesterday afternoon from acngrenada@gmail.com that, literally, stated nothing more than 'FYI http://www.acngrenada.com/docs/Burkeoffshore.pdf'.

I have no idea who sent me this email.

Until you posted your message, I did not realize that the Properties’ part of the file identified the ‘Author’ of this document as ‘OffshoreAlert’.

This is completely false. OffshoreAlert had no role in the preparation of this document and I did not even know it existed until the link was emailed to me yesterday.

I have no idea why someone would misrepresent that OffshoreAlert had any role in the preparation of this document.

It seems that this web-site is operated by a Grenada radio talk show called 'Issues Live'.

I will be contacting them this morning to have this false reference to OffshoreAlert removed.

Internal Administrator

Posted: 9/22/2010 11:27:18 PM

There's a PDF document about Finance Minister Nazim Burk in circulation on Grenadian sites at the moment that seems to be associated with a possible investigation into money laundering. The document's properties mention "OffShoreAlert" and "David Marchant".

David, was this document (really a collection of scanned letters) created by you?

A copy of the document can be seen at the following link:

http://www.acngrenada.com/docs/Burkeoffshore.pdf

It's big (104+MB), so may take some time to download.

Anonymous

Posted: 9/23/2010 1:58:33 PM

The 'Letter to the Editor' was published more than 10 years ago, if my memory serves me correctly, and I can't remember what it was specifically about.

What I can remember though is that Worme or someone else had copied and pasted some comments I had posted on this message board, added a few comments of their own and, hey presto, a 'Letter to the Editor' was published in Grenada Today with my name on it.

I only became aware of it when someone in Grenada asked me about it shortly after it was published. I complained to Worme and, as with every other complaint I made to him, he didn't do anything, including not publishing a real 'Letter to the Editor' from me saying that I hadn't written the first 'Letter to the Editor'.

Anonymous

Posted: 9/23/2010 8:42:42 AM

Just out of curiousity, what "letter to the editor" are you referring to? It's positively outrageous if George Worme did something like that, but I didn't hear anything about that incident...until now.

BTW - I see the PDF document has been pulled from the site... for "resizing" .

Anonymous

Posted: 9/23/2010 7:59:38 AM

It is ironic that they are using fraudulent means to accuse others of fraud.

I have sent an email to Allan Campbell asking for an explanation.

On his site, it is stated that "We aspire to be the leader in the field of mass communications and the standard by which other media entities in Grenada are judged. We are uninfluenced by political and commercial lobbyists as we strive for the advancement of the people through truth and justice for all."

If he or someone else at his business was responsible for falsely claiming that this document was authored by OffshoreAlert or if he fails to take action now that I have pointed out the fraud, then clearly his claim to be a pursuer of "truth" is nonsense and contemptible.

I must say, that's some country that you live in, what with Keith Mitchell and his then government openly committing fraud, George Worme openly plagiarising my articles and even once fabricating and publishing a letter to the editor purporting to have been written by me, holding a Commission of Inquiry that was obviously corrupt, etc., etc.

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

BAHAMAS  
BERMUDA  
BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS  
CAYMAN ISLANDS  
Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.