OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
Ernest Walker S Bey
Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2011

Posted: 2/16/2011 6:41:04 AM

By: Few details about complaint

Seems back in 2008, an individual stopped making loan payments to the American Education Services and/or Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency. Instead the individual submitted a document titled "Specific Surety Bond Under Subrogation" provided by Bey. Since this is a violation of federal law, the government told Bey he was being bad and not to do it again - oh, and tell on anyone else doing it. I wonder if they would take this approach if I got caught speeding (i.e. don't speed and rat out the other speeders) - nah!

There was a warning about this on TreasuryDirect, "Bogus Sight Drafts/Bills of Exchange Drawn on the Treasury"

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/instit/statreg/fraud/fraud_bogussightdraft.htm

Anonymous

Posted: 2/16/2011 5:56:51 AM

By: Consent Judgment

U.S filed a Consent Judgment against Bey in spring 2009. He is not to use or pass fraudulent documents naming United States Department of Treasury nor Secretary of Treasury. No one under his control is to use or pass fraudulent documents naming Treasury. He is to report individuals who are creating or using fraudulent documents naming Treasury to the Secret Service. Violation of the Consent Judgment may result in fine or imprisonment.

This a brief summary from

United States of America, Plaintiff

v.

Ernest Walker Bey III, Defendant

United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1:09-CV-0448; Date filed May 12, 2009

I don't see an expiration date or period of time on the Consent Judgment.

Internal Administrator

Posted: 2/15/2011 9:56:24 PM

By: Nohara

Does anyone know what happened to Ernest?

Anonymous

Posted: 5/16/2011 9:41:09 AM

By: anonymous

Are you certain? Do you know anymore details or where I can find that information?

Anonymous

Posted: 4/27/2011 12:42:31 PM

By: Nohara

Ernest S Walker Bey is currently residing in the Los Angeles County Jail on allegations of Terrorism. He was arrested in August 2010 and has remained in custody pending $150,000 bail.

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.