OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
Mitchell Chapter 13 - did SDNA.PK death spiral collapse REFCO?
Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2011

Posted: 6/8/2011 5:46:08 AM

By: Shows you what I know ....

I always thought that most companies that received PIPE financing were thinly traded stocks that had very little chance of being successful. Sure didn't think "Many of the victims of death spiral finance have been biotech companies that were developing treatments for deadly diseases." Would have guessed the quote would be something like "many of the companies of death spiral finance made a lot of great sounding claims but didn't have a product worth pitching." Well, that is assuming they even had a product in the first place.

I've always thought it would be interesting to see a chart of companies that have received PIPE financing from LH Financial related companies, list of officers of companies, claims made by companies, and list of SEC action (or court cases) against companies and/or officers.

Might give readers a clearer picture of what types of companies are receiving financing (or received) financing from LH Financial related companies.

Internal Administrator

Posted: 6/7/2011 7:49:30 PM

By: jimboyo

"Whether or not hedge funds in this network deliberately destroyed Refco, it is clear that a death spiral of one little company (Sedona) was, through the magic of leverage, the principal reason for the brokerage’s collapse."

http://www.deepcapture.com/the-miscreants-global-bust-out-chapter-13-the-collapse-of-refco-the-take-down-of-national-heritage-life-and-the-day-the-mafia-jihadi-nexus-discovered-penson-financial/

Anonymous

Posted: 6/8/2011 5:56:32 AM

By: In line with my thinking ....

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2007/0212/064_2.html

This Forbes article is more in line with my thinking about companies that receive PIPE financing and the record of the company officers.

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2007/0212/064_2.html

And while I'm sure that not all thinly traded stocks that receive PIPE financing are as bad as some of ones mentioned in Forbes article, it would be interesting to know how may of companies/officers that received PIPE financing from LH Financial related companies have similar records to the thinly traded companies mentioned in Forbes article.

I notice the Forbes article mentions Roanoke Technology. I think that is one of those companies pitched to Australian investors. Wouldn't surprise me if there were a number of posts at this board that mention Roanoke Technology.

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.