OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
First International Bank of Grenda
Internal Administrator
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2011

Posted: 1/29/2000 7:45:25 PM

By: martin_dixon@hotmail.com

Can anyone tell me if there have been any further developments on this bank which offers incredibly high rates of return guaranteed by a dodgy insurance comany with no home, and run by an ex-bankrupt living under a new name.

I was waiting to hear if the regulator closed them down or whether there are any depositors who are claiming their CDs have not been paid.

Let me know if you have a personal experience with this bank.

Anonymous

Posted: 2/8/2000 9:25:16 PM

By: David Marchant

What absolute drivel the e-mail from 'Duke' is. He or she should be ashamed of themselves for earning money in such a dishonest manner.

IDIC has no employees or offices and simply exists in cyberspace and as a piece of paper in an attorney's drawer.

FIBG's financials are audited by a defrocked CPA who gives a false address and telephone number on his audit opinion letter.

The founding chairman of FIBG goes by two names, is a former bankrupt and is described by people he owes money to as "a con man" (he is also a relief defendant along with FIBG in a civil lawsuit alleging prime bank note fraud), shareholder Roger Cagle goes by two names and is currently a fugitive from US justice, another shareholder, Larry Barnabe, was involved in a time-share scam in Antigua prior to moving to Grenada, etc., etc. blah, blah.

When this whole thing collapses with tens of millions of dollars missing, I hope that people like Mark Kennedy, Gerald Burton, Gilbert Ziegler, Michael Creft, etc. are criminally prosecuted.

David Marchant

Anonymous

Posted: 2/8/2000 7:53:09 PM

Dear Duke,

I'm glad to hear they are Kosha and everyone is getting paid. I must be mistaken in thinking that their high rates, chequered chairman, strange literature, and lack of credibility with any reputable bank in Grenada is a sign of dodginess.

I will send them my life savings immediately, as i am sure you have done.

martin_dixon@hotmail.com

Anonymous

Posted: 2/7/2000 5:42:29 PM

By: Duke Raymond

Martin,

Responding to your request for further information:

1. Current rates offered by First International Bank of Grenada or any of their corresponding affiliates are lower now than they have been in the past but still excellent as compared with many others.

2. IDIC is not an insurance company. IDIC is third party overseer of bank assets with power of attorney to liquidate those assets if either a minimum ratio isn't maintained or if there is a legitimate creditor claim. To date there has been neither. The anachronism stands for International Deposit Indemnity Corporation.

3. Although the IDIC did leave Nevis after first being attacked by those who believed them to be a "scam", a later court decision vindicated them from any wrongdoing and the administration has relocated.

4. No regulators have ever attempted to close First International Bank of Grenada or any of its affiliates.

5. I can report that there are no legitimate depositors unpaid.

All of the above information is "first hand".

Duke

Anonymous

Posted: 3/1/2000 4:53:53 PM

Dear Felicity,

What I make of any e-mail offering to give away money is that it is a hoax. If anyone wants to give away money, they do not waste time sending e-mail. The begging letters quickly beat a path to their door. As to why they mention FIBG, I can only guess. One thing that may be the case is that it is impossible to check anything and if you approach FIBG they will offer to turn $5000 into $1 million in just 18 years, "just like the Rockerfellers (sic), Kennedys, and Onassis". Only the gullible believe such a guarantee.

Anonymous

Posted: 3/1/2000 4:45:26 PM

Thanks, but can you tell me is he of the opinion that FIBG is wonderful or or is he doing his job properly?

Anonymous

Posted: 2/22/2000 4:19:32 PM

By: Greg Roebuck

You might contact the Comm. of Police, Fraud Section, of the Royal Grenada Police Force. (809)440-2823 for more information. Greg Roebuck/CJA

Anonymous

Posted: 2/16/2000 5:54:45 AM

By: Dr. David Feinstein

felicity...

... take your money and run!

and think on one thing: whatever happens in grenada is simply criminal... "authorised" and "supervised" by government officials

good luck

david feinstein
ffbk@mail.com

Anonymous

Posted: 2/9/2000 5:51:57 PM

By: Felicity Bowers

I'm very interested to hear what peoples experiences of this bank have been. I'm here searching for information related to a company called Given In Freedom Trust Ltd, after being sent something resembling a chain letter, with the difference that they claim not to be asking for anyone to send any money and in return to eventually be able to supply millions of people with $20,000 dollars a year income. They claim to be backed by several very wealthy philanthropists who want to give their money away. I was given the name of First International Bank of Grenada in response to an email asking them a few questions, such as what kind of administrative structure they were going to need for this vast project and which international bank it was that was supporting the distribution of these funds. What do you make of it?
Felicity

Anonymous

Posted: 1/23/2001 12:53:36 PM

By: Tami

Hello,

First hand, no depositors left unpaid, I am sorry, but you are wrong. It is looking more and more like my Mother is out a 40,000.00 cd!!! How do I contact FIBG?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and gooday,
saltyleo@bellsouth.net

Anonymous

Posted: 12/22/2000 1:32:02 PM

By: Amoore

This operation is a sham and nobody has gotten paid.
All of these officials are crooks.

Anonymous

Posted: 3/22/2000 2:51:44 PM

By: Ray Yusi

What is Mr. Duke Raymond's relationship to FIBG?

Thank You

RSY

Anonymous

Posted: 1/23/2001 1:00:34 PM

By: Tami

Hello again David,

What are these people's other names? I think a family member may have put the con on us and may be involved in this con, things just don't seem right.......the more I read here.....things don't look good at all......hate to think badly about this family member, but.......we have been left in the dark.......maybe trusted someone we should not have.

Anonymous

Posted: 1/27/2001 4:10:25 AM

By: david mundy

Tami,

How do you contact FIB-G? You don't. Everyone has high tailed it out of Grenada, and no is taking any responsibility.

I, and a group of others are cooperating with feds in Portland who are conducting an investigation. Call 503-727-1000, and tell them what happened to your family.

You can also contact my brother, Mike Mundy @ 303-459-0549, or mjmundy@earthlink.net and he can put you in contact with me. I am currently involved in an investigation, and can't say where I'm at, or what I'm doing (to the public).

Drop Van Brink, the founder of FIB-G an email message, vanabrink@hotmail.com

You can check out some of his writings, and some of us depositors writings on egroups. www.egroups.com/group/grenadabanks
www.egroups.com/group/grenadapranks
You will get to see the workings of Van Brink's criminal mind.

DFM, dirtdog

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.