OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
An Invitation to commit fraud
Anonymous
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2011

Posted: 11/2/2001 6:48:31 PM

By: David Marchant

Below is the path of the email. Lfcity.org is the site of Laissez-Faire City:

Received: from mail.lfcity.org [196.40.6.119] by maxmail002.maximumasp.com with ESMTP
(SMTPD32-7.04) id AB364EB00BA; Thu, 01 Nov 2001 12:49:42 -0500
Received: from (ssl.mailvault.com) [216.25.162.176]
by mail.lfcity.org with smtp (Exim 3.02 #1 (Debian))
id 15zLx3-0003Ol-00; Thu, 01 Nov 2001 11:48:25 -0600
To: info@offshorebusiness.com
Subject: joint venture offered
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary = "=_31d2352fc487277d739220db4ecc7b97"
Message-Id:
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 11:48:25 -0600
X-RCPT-TO:
X-UIDL: 297707810

Anonymous

Posted: 11/2/2001 3:32:18 PM

By: NewStudent

sent to Helpdesk@mailvault.com

Dear Helpdesk,

Encrypted email services are great for a good number of things, which is why I myself use MailVault. However, what you see below this is not one of them. As we all know, individuals trying to perpetuate fraud behind a cloak of anonymity makes perfect fuel for a legislative fire to deny the average citizen his right to privacy.

An Invitation to commit fraud
By David Marchant on 11/2/2001 10:15:03 AM
E-mail: info@offshorebusiness.com

I received this message yesterday (November 1, 2001) from a 'John Smith' of the email address arena@mailvault.com. I've decided to pass.

________

Hello David,

I have followed your very exposed doing throughout the past years. Well, you probably aren't the angel people think)

Isn't it time to plan and execute the perfect scam??? Let me introduce myself:

My name is Sean Gonzales, I am an offshore veteran (current age: 45) with emphasis on offshore banking, financial structuring and alternate ID's.

Before I entered into this market segment (1996) I ran for 5 years a very successful Nauru Bank (pre internet, over 80 mil usd cashed), a 'non-registered' FCM (you might have called it a bucket shop, and in the 80's I worked as a floor broker and introducing broker for various FCM's....

Well, since the inet has come to life my decision was always to enter into those segments again, but this time with the support of technology and a carefully laid out plan to retreat.

Are you interested?

Looking forward to your reply

Sean

Internal Administrator

Posted: 11/2/2001 10:15:03 AM

I received this message yesterday (November 1, 2001) from a 'John Smith' of the email address arena@mailvault.com. I've decided to pass.

________

Hello David,

I have followed your very exposed doing throughout the past years. Well, you probably aren't the angel people think:-))

Isn't it time to plan and execute the perfect scam??? Let me introduce myself:

My name is Sean Gonzales, I am an offshore veteran (current age: 45) with emphasis on offshore banking, financial structuring and alternate ID's.

Before I entered into this market segment (1996) I ran for 5 years a very successful Nauru Bank (pre internet, over 80 mil usd cashed), a 'non-registered' FCM (you might have called it a bucket shop:-), and in the 80's I worked as a floor broker and introducing broker for various FCM's....

Well, since the inet has come to life my decision was always to enter into those segments again, but this time with the support of technology and a carefully laid out plan to retreat.

Are you interested?

Looking forward to your reply

Sean

Anonymous

Posted: 11/6/2001 3:09:20 PM

I noticed that your IP address of 200.61.85.24 goes to Uruguay, home of the rather ridiculous 'banker' Gerardo Rodriguez.

Ever since he got caught out making untrue comments on his Montenegro Bank's web-site, he has spent much of his time posting messages under aliases, mostly at www.goldhaven.com.

It is extremely childish, not to mention cowardly.

David Marchant

Anonymous

Posted: 11/6/2001 1:40:49 PM

By: New Student (2)

Nobody invite me. If they are inviting you, should be because you’re a well known crook.

Don’t you think Mr. Marchant ?

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.