OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
*Judge* Rizzo & Canadian Taxes
Internal Administrator
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2011

Posted: 8/7/2002 8:52:56 AM

By: Mr. Anonymous

Seems he thinks he is an expert on Canadian taxes too. Now let'see, exactly what in *Judge* Rizzo's background would qualify him to speak on Canadian taxes?

Certainly not having any formal legal education, in the U.S. or Canada.

Certainly not being a judge in Canada.

Hmmm. Sure looks like another Rizzo Patriot-for-Profit scheme.

http://www.ezbizz.com/ynotu/taxes/canadian_tax_program.shtml

Anonymous

Posted: 8/9/2002 7:49:55 PM

By: Due Dill

You didn't answer my question. If you are going to give legal opinions I would like to know your qualifications to do so. If you consider what he did stupid than if you do not have any legal background anyone who would listen to your opinion concerning legal matters could be considered stupid. Why did you avoid this direct question?

Anonymous

Posted: 8/9/2002 6:54:32 PM

Guilt by stupidity is more like it.

Anonymous

Posted: 8/9/2002 11:01:49 AM

Is this guilt by association? I love your replies on legal matters. Where did you get your law degree?

Anonymous

Posted: 8/8/2002 11:10:43 AM

Pot-Kettle-Black.

You don't answer allegations with facts; instead, you merely recite indignities that your character has been questioned in the first place.

Which is remarkable after having admitted speaking at seminars with Dave Struckman and Lynne Meredith, among others.

Anonymous

Posted: 8/7/2002 11:34:34 PM

By: jrizzo

Like I said anyone can post anything just like you did. I Never had a canadian program for taxes. So I cant imagine what you mean by slipping out. You people need to get a clue. What happens when someone accuses someone and it is false. What then. Are you going to continue to rely on other peoples websites to attack me. When will you guys learn to use a thing called "Reliable Sources"

Anonymous

Posted: 8/7/2002 2:07:15 PM

I know this: Our justice system allows people to be accused before they are convicted.

But tell us: How did this material on Canada slip out?

Anonymous

Posted: 8/7/2002 1:34:35 PM

By: john rizzo

I have never claimed to be an expert on Canadian taxes at all this comes from the same website where they have associated me with Dave Struckman. You know the strange thing is that anyone can put anything on a web site, Oh you know that don't you since you keep posting without checking out anything first. You probably think our judicial system runs on someone is guilty until proven innocent.

Anonymous

Posted: 8/12/2002 10:43:46 PM

Another post by you that adds nothing. Here is a fact: *Judge* Rizzo has lent his credibility (such as it is) to people like Dave Struckman and Lynn Meredith, among others, to give an air of legitimacy to a tax protestor movement that is totally lead by scam artists such as the two aforementioned.

I am told that even today *Judge* Rizzo is working with the IGP/PQI franchisees. Is this true?

So many of these people are now under indictment (such as Lynn Meredith) and others are publicly under investigation (such as Dave Struckman, Dan Andersen and Zoe LaMantia), that it is likely no too long until the good *Judge* is himself squarely in the crosshairs of law enforcement.

Anonymous

Posted: 8/12/2002 8:25:45 PM

Maybe he just doesn't want to waist his time with someone who has his claws out and the hair on the back of his neck standing up. Maybe he doesn't answer you because you have nothing new to offer just the same thing over and over again. Gets a little trite after a while.

Still would like to know just how much do you know about his information. I do not think you even know what it is that he is offering. You have just found someone to attack.

Last time I will ask. If the folks out there do not realize by now that you only attack without fact than they deserve you and the junk you put out there.

Or, maybe it is a question of they like the banter back and forth.

Anonymous

Posted: 8/12/2002 2:40:17 PM

Oh, yeah, he's a *judge* just like somebody who chooses between the prettiest of two pigs at a state fair is a *judge* whose *rulings* are important to some and binding on others. But *judge* of a proper court-of-record he has not been, and never will be because he is not qualified.

Nice attempt to try to evade the fact that this alleged "expert" on tax question isn't even admitted to the bar of the U.S. tax court. You try to make it sound like the U.S. tax court, which by the way IS a "court of record", isn't a proper court ----- conveniently overlooking the fact that *Judge* Rizzo isn't admitted to the bars of any other courts, either.

Very interesting too how he went dead-silent on this board when it was revealed that he is still working with the IGP/PQI franchisees, thus aiding and abetting that criminal scam.

Anonymous

Posted: 8/12/2002 10:33:09 AM

You just made my point. This seems to be personal with you.

Lets just get to the facts. You admit he was a Judge but do not like his qualifications for being a Judge. You attack his ability to speak on taxes and that he can not represent anyone in the so called Tax court. Well just a little fact for you to deal with. Tax court is not a court and the hearing office is not a Judge in this "court". Don't believe me I will provide you with the proof. Seems one of these tax court "judges" was retiring and wanted the same pension as other Judges and was refused. He sued and the court (a real court) ruled that tax court was not a court and that he was not a Judge and thus not entitled to the same pension. So why would anyone in their right mind want to represent anyone in such an arena.

You laugh at his job discription as a Judge. I do not think the people who were held over for superior court based on this decision are laughing. Maybe if you had a little legal background you would know that anyone accused must be brought before a magistrate, not superior not federal, judge for determination. I guess these uneducated Judges and there are many throughout the country are the first ones to make a decision as to weather you will face charges or not.
They have the power to let you go or hold you in jail. That sounds serious to me. There is an old saying amoung lawyers that "A lawyer becomes a Judge because he can't make any money practicing law". I have found this to be true.

What are the facts concerning what he is telling people. Not what you think his qualifications are to speak. Are you saying that the facts that he provides to people are false? That the National Archive documents are fake. Anyone one with a high school education who reqads these documents will see the truth. Have you read them. Give your opinion on these and stop dealing with personalities. You say this is a place to get the facts and truth out to people. That it is a place to expose fraud. Why not spend time on the fraud concerning the Archive Documents. This is not information you can get off the web. You need to spend a little less time in front of the computer and more out in the real world.

Anonymous

Posted: 8/11/2002 10:55:23 PM

Thanks for not sharing anything of factual value with us. *Judge* Rizzo was a small-town magistrate and his "judging" was, as you say, conducting marriages (can be done at drive-through windows in neighboring Nevada), and resolving traffic tickets and small claims actions (whoohoo!).

These matters were considered to be so petty that no proper legal education is required to carry them out, i.e., somebody could leave barber's school and immediately become the same caliber of *Judge* as *Judge* Rizzo.

But then you don't address my primary point: *Judge* Rizzo is opinion on tax issues even though he has no background in taxation and no legal education. Hell, he's not even admitted to practice before the U.S. Tax Court - you would think that would be some sort of minimum standard to opining on legal issues regarding taxation. As far as I know, *Judge* Rizzo is not even an Enrolled Agent capable of filling out Form 1040-EZ on a compensated basis.

Which makes his pitches of "tax freedom" and lending his name to scam groups such as GPG/IGP/PQI which promote "tax freedom" to be all the more fraudulent.

This isn't about freedom or constitutional issues or the national archives. It IS about somebody committing (and/or actively aiding and abetting others in committing) consumer fraud upon the public. Some *Judge*, huh!

Anonymous

Posted: 8/11/2002 10:51:25 AM

Of course you do not care what I think. This board is to talk about a lot of things. You talk of fraud. Any one who would give advise without having merit himself is a fraud. Say what you will about Rizzo but it seems that he was a judge weather you think the kind of judge he was was a real one or not that is an opinion only. I am sure that any one who went before him for a prelimenary hearing or were married by him believe he was a judge and had the authority to do so. You on the other hand hold yourself out to be a self appointed "judge" on others qualifications but do not have the background to back it up. Maybe you do not care what I think but others who would take your advise or believe the answers you give to the questions they ask should care about the source of the information they are getting.

Have you ever attended a seminar where Rizzo spoke? Do you know exactly what it is that he talks about? I do. I took the time to find the materials and read them for myself. They are available and not just from him. I would like your opinion on the books he refers to and the National Archive documents he speaks of. Some of the material from the Archives is of a legal nature and is right up your alley. Comments on this would benifit people more than a personal attack on the person who has brought them to light. If you can discredit the material from the Archives than maybe we out here would have a little more confidence in what you have to say.

Don't use a message board that is of such importance to the public as this one is to air a personal vendeta.

Anonymous

Posted: 8/10/2002 10:24:29 AM

Because this post isn't about me. It is about a person who masquerades as a real judge, and implies that he has some sort of special insight into the tax code to sell people bogus materials relating to income taxes that has the result of fattening his pockets and putting them at greater risk of fines or criminal sanction.

In other words, it is about *Judge* Rizzo and fraud. Whether or not I have any legal background is totally irrelevant to *Judge* Rizzo and fraud. And if you don't like my opinions, don't read them as I don't give a flip what you think.

Anonymous

Posted: 8/13/2002 2:20:39 PM

Oh, man, this is getting rich!

So, *Judge* Rizzo in addition to opinion on the passage of the 16th Amendment is now doing bankruptcy work? Wow! Let's review the facts:

1. *Judge* Rizzo's formal legal education - None.

2. *Judge* Rizzo's education viz. bankruptcy law - None.

3. Number of bankruptcy cases filed by *Judge* Rizzo - None.

4. Admission to practice before U.S. Bankruptcy Court - None.

So, he finds some books from the 1960's and suddenly he has a "magic wand" solution to IRS indebtedness that nobody can find? Sounds like there was some 'Ludes left over in those books from the 60's.

Anonymous

Posted: 8/13/2002 10:47:23 AM

Once again you avoid the major question. Just exactly what does he talk about. Not something you picked up from the web but facts, as you put it.

You want facts. I was at a seminar where Judge Rizzo spoke. It was not on how to get out of the tax system but on how to discharge taxes through bankruptcy. He talked about a book written by a lawyer in the early 90's on the fact that the laws concerning the discharge of taxes through bankruptcy were on the books in the late 60's but were not made public utill the late 80's. Wonder why it took so long. There was a former client in the audience who got up and spoke about his troubles. He and his wife had been hounded for years by the IRS. They were elderly and she was under such stress that she finally died. He said that he had tried a lot of other programs out there, after he had spent years working with the IRS to no avail. He followed Rizzo's advise and the out come was that his debt to the IRS went from 300+ thousand to about 3k. He said that his only regret was not finding Rizzo before his wife passed away. He said that it took several years to clean up the mess but Rizzo stuck with him and taught him how to take care of the problem himself. Rizzo made him do the work and educated him on his rights. I was wondering how much someone would be charged for all the training and the time and I was surprised to find that after 3 years of many hours of training that he was charged $750.00. Not my way of getting rich off poor uneducated people.

Rizzo said that he started this after reading a book by a lawyer called "Secret Exposed". I decided to get in touch with this lawyer and get his take on Rizzo. He was kind enough to give me a few moments of his time to tell me that even though he had written the book that Judge Rizzo, (that is how he refered to him not me) had goon so far beyond him in this field that Rizzo was the expert not him. That if I wanted more information that I should contact Judge Rizzo. I also wanted his take on the facts about him being a Judge. His reply was that yes he was a Judge but that because of the respect that he has for him and the work that he does that even if he had not been sworn in as a Judge that he deserved the respect for the work he does. I asked when he last saw Rizzo and would you believe it was at one of the seminars you have a problem with. He guessed that the reason Rizzo attended these seminars was to help the people who may be trouble using some programs.

I am sure that my words will fall on deaf ears. This is not the kind of thing you want to hear. Be sure that you do not do any further investigation because you may prove yourself wrong and I am sure that the truth is not what you are looking for.

It's been fun but I have better things to do, not like you.

Anonymous

Posted: 8/13/2002 5:04:08 PM

Doesn't matter what publication the IRS puts out. What matters is that you have somebody who is misleading the public that he has an understanding of professional legal matters, as indicated by his (misleading) *Judge* title, when in fact he has no proper legal education, experience with bankruptcy, not admitted to bankruptcy court, etc., yet he is apparently out there apparently helping people with their bankruptcies (a/k/a the unauthorized practice of law, a crime in many states), oh, and also lending his "credibility" to groups like IGP and PQI.

He could be espousing the most brilliant legal strategy in the history of the world, but it doesn't matter. He is not licensed to practice law or help people with their bankruptcy filings, for several reasons, including that since he doesn't have any education or training in this area he could screw up the filing and subject these people to criminal penalties (discharging tax liability can be very tricky), their conversations with him are not protected by attorney-client privilege, he could be subjecting them to ADDITIONAL tax liability, etc., etc., etc.

Apparently, you would contend that people off the street should be allowed to perform brain surgery so long as they read a couple of books on the subject.

And I note that you consistently avoid addressing the fact that the good *Judge* helps promote these scam groups by essentially lending his name to them by appearing at seminars and such.

Anonymous

Posted: 8/13/2002 3:36:38 PM

Lets see if you can engage your brain this time before you open your mouth. Go on line to IRS publications and look up Publication 908

Anonymous

Posted: 8/14/2002 3:18:47 PM

By: David Marchant

I also checked the IP addresses used in postings by John Rizzo under his own name and those under 'Due Dill' and they are similar enough to indicate they are probably one and the same.

It is impossible to tell for sure because of non-static IP addresses used by many ISPs, which mean you may get a slightly different IP address - within a range - each time you log on.

Anonymous

Posted: 8/14/2002 10:36:08 AM

Typical scam artists tactic: When caught in a lie, try to change the subject.

Whether people are losing money to large corporation's stock swindles, or whether people are die from West Nile Virus because of mosquitos and humidity, doesn't detract from the salient point:

*Judge* Rizzo has no education or experience in either tax or bankruptcy, is not admitted to practice either before the U.S. tax court or the U.S. bankruptcy courts, never as a *Judge* handled tax or bankruptcy matters, YET he holds himself out as having special expertise on these subjects AND willingly lends his *credentials* to known scam artists such as Dave Struckman, Lynne Meredith, and Bill Benson, by appearing with them in seminars, etc.

Those are the facts, having everything to do with fraud, and nothing to do with corporate America or West Nile Virus.

Anonymous

Posted: 8/14/2002 10:16:18 AM

By: Due Dill Tom K

Yes one and the same. People, find out for yourself and do not rely on this board or the two of us for your information. If people would just think for themselves and do their own research and spend time reading things other than this board they might become educated and not end up in the messes that this country is in right now.

So lets get on to something really important like the frauds that are going on in our country right now. The millions of people who have lost everything with the fraud in the major corporations.

WHY DO WE NEVER HEAR ABOUT THESE THINGS?

Anonymous

Posted: 8/14/2002 8:18:31 AM

By: David Marchant

I can confirm that the IP addresses of 'Due Dill' and 'Tom K' are one and the same.

Anonymous

Posted: 8/14/2002 12:40:23 AM

Not personal, illegal.

Yes, you can buy "bankruptcy kits", although some states ban those as the Unauthorized Practice of Law. Nearly all of the "bankruptcy kits" were drafted by bankruptcy attorneys, i.e., went to law school and practice in bankruptcy court. They are not, unlike *Judge* Rizzo, some untrained boob who just walked in off the street and self-decided that he could do this.

But you've just displayed the typical con's strategy of trying to divert attention from the real issue: *Judge* Rizzo holds himself out as having some sort of special expertise, when in fact he doesn't have any education, experience, or training in either bankruptcy law or tax law, i.e., he is a fraud.

Not personal, just facts. *Judge* Rizzo is a fraud, and that's a fact.

The fact that you are John Rizzo and appeared at exactly the same time you quit posting in your own name, and now are posting under two different names, is another scammer trick but one which shouldn't surprise anybody. How is your buddy Bill Benson doing these days?

Anonymous

Posted: 8/13/2002 8:47:13 PM

By: Tom K

I can not believe that this guy would disregard the fact that the IRS has a publication concerning getting rid of taxes and just attack. Due Dill is right. This has turned out to be personal

Anonymous

Posted: 8/13/2002 8:44:33 PM

Once again you have engaged your mouth before your brain. In just about any State in this country you will find lay persons who prepare bankruptcy filings for people. Check your local phone book. Do they have a law degree, no, are they practicing law without a license, no. Do they need a license, yes a business license and guess what they even prepare divorce papers. Surprise!

As far as the organizations are concerned, from what I gather IGP no longer exists and as far as PQI I do not find anything anywhere that mentions Rizzo. Am I looking in the wrong area? What part of the web are you going too?

Checked a few other sites where they advertise seminars for many groups and could not find one upcoming seminar where he is mentioned. Is he a surprise speaker? Why wouldn't they advertise him along with the others?

How can anyone take someone like seriously. What are your qualifications to pass judgement on anyone. It must be a case of this being the only thing in your life that gives you joy.

The more you print the more you show everyone how little you really do know. The proof is that you think someone needs a law degree to prepare bankruptcy papers. If you can get that right what else did you get wrong.

Anonymous

Posted: 8/15/2002 5:14:45 AM

By: Cyrille Emery

When it gets tough...
It seems like "Judge" Rizzo has resorted to the traditional tactic that is discredit of the opponent and sending fake support e-mails through aliases...
I always post under my personal name and using my company email address on this board and I can disclose where I got my law degrees :
LL.B Business Law with emphasis in Company Law, International Taxation, Tax Law from the Univeristy of Aix en Provence, France,
LL.B Comparative Law from the Faculty of International Law of Strasburg, France,
MBA "International Trade and Finance" Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh.
As I am a French national I had all these diplomas assessed by the General Council of the Bar (UK) before embarking on my present situation (MD-General counsel of a UK company).

I suppose that this establish my credential more firmly than your vague "having been a judge in small claim court". I do not profer advise on US tax issues and rely on a US based attorney for this specific matter. Even when it comes down to France I may rely on a tax expert...Tax Law is a complicated area where even professional cannot find their path if they dont specialise in particular fields...I have even seen tax specialised barrister feeling the heat really close on advice they had given...

The reason of this board is to prevent, avert and when too late to expose frauds, past, present and in the making.

It is unfortunate that you have associated with PGI now PQI and some of their promoters and that now your reputation is seriously dented. You will not restore your credibility by attacking your opponent but by exposing facts, dates, credential on this Board.
I have been viewing your website, the PQI site and found nothing on them that would make me consider you as a tax specialist and believe in yours having no ties with PGI/PQI and others...
It would be nice if David could gather all the messages related to you on this Board in one single story (your name appears under different headings on the Board). Readers will have the pattern of your actions and decide for themselves.

The conclusion from this message board is this :

1) Legal background
- You have been a petty court judge from your own admission but do not cite the name of the city where you held this position,
- Apparently you have spent time researching Federal documents and Archives to gather them into an informative learning/do it yourself book/audio tapes for people needing some advice on tax issues.
At best some would describe this as "Tax for dummies", majority says it is a worthless piece of sh...". As judge you claim it is an "ethical, legal and moral" way of avoiding tax (this is what is said on site promoting your material).

2) Exposed background on this Board
- You have a dubious past in Las Vegas.
- Your tapes are promoted on the PQI website under the name of Judge Rizzo Millenium package but you claim having not authorised such promotion/sale and do not even know what they are about,
- Some here are convinced to have seing you as a speaker in various PGI seminars/conferences. You have not denied.
- Apparently some alleged scamers were at one time salesmen of your material,
- A PGI victim mentioned your name as being part of PGI.
- You say you are not part of any "tax protesters" movement when all links point to this direction.

That is a lot to answer for and that would require a bit more convincing arguments than banters and discredit.

Anonymous

Posted: 8/14/2002 6:59:16 PM

Or even "uninformed".

You disingenuity has become boring, *Judge*. I'll look for your picture in the paper someday not too far off, just as I have so many of the Lynne Meredith, Irwin Schiff, Dave Struckman types before you.

Anonymous

Posted: 8/14/2002 6:41:39 PM

I guess we are all scams artists in your book. You have proven my point again. It must be tough stuck in the same rut.

No I am not Rizzo but if you believe I am than I know nothing except an act of God might make you believe me.

I do find it strange and maybe some of you out there caught it. Mr A. stated that DD and Tom K came from the same IP address before David posted his remark. Could there be a little conversation going on between them OR maybe they are one and the same. Would answer a lot of questions for me.

One last thing. I wasn't talking about kits for banruptcy but actual physical businesses with real people sitting as desks with a pen talking directly with people. Again no investigation by you.

Last post for me have better things to do with my time than deal with uneducated uninformaed people.

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory databases, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.