OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
Yellow Boards back up.
Anonymous
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2011

Posted: 8/18/2002 5:06:20 PM

By: Sooltauq

For those that may wonder (i.e., Hunter), here's how I feel about the matter, as posted on the Yellow Board.

Subject: Full Text
Posted By: Sooltauq - Unregistered User
Posted At: (8/18/02 4:03:08 pm)

"The Diligizer board was a strange board, often visited by law enforcement personnel, fraud fighters, and journalists, but one which gave the impression that HYIPs existed (why would one do “due diligence” on an industry which doesn’t exist) and that there were “non-performers” regarding HYIP deals (giving rise to the implication that there were “performers” who could arrange goofy 80% per week deals)."

Name of Board: Diligizer (suggests "Due Diligence")

URL: pub17.ezboard.com/fdiligizerduediligence (suggests "Due Diligence")

Query: Why does one need "due diligence" for an industry (HYIPs) which doesn't exist? Why not call the board "Known HYIP Scammers" and be done with it?

Stated Purpose:

"This Board has been created for those who seek information regarding the backgrounds of and/or the experiences others have had with individuals/entities who/which have offered or are offering high-yield investment opportunities (HYIP) to investors worldwide."

"This Board has also been created for those who wish to disclose the names and the events of the activities of fraudsters who have attempted to or have scammed investors out of money and/or assets."

Where does it say HYIP's don't exist: It doesn't. (Yeah, many of the links say this, but how many people get as far as the links? I've seen obvious HYIP scam sites that linked to the SEC's warning page, so that people could avoid "the bad programs").

Posts discussing whether HYIPs exist: Allowed.

Now, having said all of that, I found the Diligizer in many ways to sometimes be a good resource for people checking out a scam that was not yet being investigated by the government. If the principals of Diligizer were disclosed, one could get a better feel for who they were and what they were trying to accomplish. Having a guy at Treasury looks pretty good, and all these links looked pretty good.

However, having the board run by a known HYIP scammer who has had a cease-and-desist entered against him in a court of law after a hearing, and whose name has somehow been omitted from the list (along with the name of his co-fraudsters in the Six Capital Corporation/Pinckney scam), and who even very recently had claimed privately that "HYIPs do exist" and who claimed to do HYIP "asset recovery" work, raises very serious questions in my mind as to what was really going on, providing three pages of links and a list of scammers notwithstanding.

If this board is to have my support, for one (and they probably don't even give a hoot what I think), they'll have to have open and transparent ownership and control, else I will look at the close involvement of a known HYIP scammer and presume the worst.

Anonymous

Posted: 8/18/2002 3:57:08 PM

By: Off-Topice Yellow is Up AND ....

Posts are being accepted because I just posted one about the material at the quatloos site.

Have a good one,
hunter

Internal Administrator

Posted: 8/18/2002 1:40:01 PM

By: NewStudent

I was just able to post a message on the High Yield board.

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.