OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
Andreas Badian or Lamberto Banchetti? Creon?
Internal Administrator
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2011

Posted: 6/4/2003 1:16:44 PM

By: Gen

Does anyone have any info on these two individuals? I hope I've got their names spelled right. As I understand it - these two MAY have been involved with a company called Creon and at one time MAY have been investigated and/or subsequently fined/sanctioned in Liechtenstein (this may be the wrong country). Some of the info I have is kind of sketchy and hopefully someone on this board can help me out.

Anonymous

Posted: 6/11/2003 2:44:06 PM

To: Hunter
Thank you for all the info you have provided! It is definitely interesting...I'll e-mail you directly.
Best regards,
Gen

Anonymous

Posted: 6/10/2003 10:50:15 PM

By: Few additional comments - Rhino

Gen:

If you haven't already done so it might be interesting to look at companies where funds managed by Rhino were shareholders and look for Banchetti. Here is one example.

Information from SEC form for Imaging Diagnostic System. Note: Amro and Austost Anstalt Schaan show up on the Placement Tracker output.
In March 1999, we sold to Amro International, S.A., Nesher Inc., Hewlett Fund,
and Guaranty & Finance Ltd., 35 shares of our Series G convertible preferred
stock, together with two-year warrants to purchase 65,625 shares of our common
stock at an exercise price of $.50 per share, for an aggregate price of
$350,000. From April 2000 to August 2000 the holders have exercised warrants to
acquire a total of 52,500 shares of our common stock.

In June 1998, we sold to Austost Anstalt Schaan and Balmore Funds S.A. 100
shares of our Series H convertible preferred stock, together with 75,000 A five
year warrants and 50,000 B five year warrants, exercisable at $1.00 and $1.50
per share, respectively, for an aggregate price of $150,000 beginning on
November 2, 1998.

Form S-2 filing date of 5/17/2002 for Imaging Diagnostic Ssytem
Charlton Avenue LLC
c/o Citco Trustees Investor 321,289 10,000,000 321,289
(Cayman Limited)
P.O. Box 31106
SMB
Grand Cayman
Cayman Island,
British West Indies

Lambert Banchetti is the director of and has sole voting and investment control over Charlton Avenue LLC

If you are interested in this type of activity and would like some help just let me know. This is one I would enjoy doing.

Email is hunter61@johndoes.org

Best of luck,
Hunter

Anonymous

Posted: 6/10/2003 10:29:55 PM

By: Comment to Gen

Not sure what you are after but I have a fair amount of information in files on Rhino Advisors. Also have a Placement Tracker output that lists all funds apparently managed by Rhino. If you could give me some idea of what you are after I would be more than happy to see what I can dig up that might help.

Rhino has been of interest to me for the past few years.

Best of luck,
Hunter

Anonymous

Posted: 6/5/2003 3:17:40 PM

By: Ol' Hap

*blush*
no problem...

There should be quite a bit of info available on Rhino Advisors and Amro International SA. Those names immediately rang bells for me as entities I'd run across before. Creon Management SA seems to be a bit harder to dig up. Creon was never mentioned in the SEC filings. Creon did have an outlet in the British Virgin Islands, and Lamberto Banchetti is listed as a contact for a BVI firm called CCS Management, so maybe he was a contact for Creon at one time?

Best,
Hap

Anonymous

Posted: 6/5/2003 1:21:39 PM

To: Ol'hap!
Thank you VERY MUCH for all the info. You are the best and have been a HUGE help to us with our due diligence!
Sincerely,
Gen

Anonymous

Posted: 6/4/2003 2:23:08 PM

By: Ol' Hap

Here's a link to a rather lengthy post on the Silicon Investor board which includes an SEC litigation release and several articles pertaining to what I believe may be the situation and individuals you are researching.

http://www.siliconinvestor.com/stocktalk/msg.gsp?msgid=18637198

It's a long post, but here's the main gist regarding Badian, Creon, Leichtenstein:

According to the SEC lit. release, one Thomas Badian of Rhino Advisors out of New York, agreed to pay a $1 million penalty for "directing a series of manipulative short sales of Sedona Corporation stock that contributed to the decline in the price of Sedona's stock".

According to the accompanying articles, Badian's Rhino Advisors manages two families of private funds, one called Creon and the other Amro International. Rhino regularly set up trusts through a Liechtenstein law firm called Dr. Dr. Batliner & Partners. As of last September, Batliner was under investigation in Europe for allegations of money laundering. Perhaps this Lamberto Banchetti is associated with Batliner in some way?

Hope this is pertinent and helpful.
Good luck.
-Hap

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.