OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
Open-ended question: Do Russell Cline and HYIPs benfit mankind?
Anonymous
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2011

Posted: 6/12/2003 3:35:50 PM

By: JC and Rose .....

Oh Rose sometimes you crack me up. While I don't think you are going to have much luck you work it baby work it!!!!

I will say you have added a unique flavor to the board. No other board has a Rose.

Have a good one,
Hunter

Anonymous

Posted: 6/12/2003 3:29:46 PM

By: Rose - jcolvin are you interested in dating?

Mr. Colvin you sound like a very intelligent, interesting and diverse individual. I read your bio on your Website. I'm amazed that you studied 17th and 18th century Chinese history. I find guys who study obsecure parts of history sexy.

Are you by chance single? If so would you like to go on a date sometime? Be frank, it's okay if you don't want to. I'm up in the Seattle area often. We could just go out for a drink and if things don't work out then we'll just go our ways. I am almost half your age (calculating your age based on your bio) but I believe I make up for my lack of age in looks and intelligence--I have quite a unique background.

I'm also considering going to law school. Would you have any tips for the the LSAT? Could you write me a reference letter?

We could be the first match made on kycnews.com.

xxoxxxoxx

Rose

Anonymous

Posted: 6/12/2003 3:09:04 PM

By: jcolvin - Social Darwinism

Rose,
Cigarettes and cheap liquor also have detrimental effects on the physical health and material wealth of a significant section of the population. Maybe we should treat HYIP like we do cigarettes and alcohol, and impose "sin taxes" on HYIP promoters. If you sell an investment with a "promised" annualized return above x%, you have to pay a tax.

Seriously, belief among the disenfranchised in a magical or quasi-magical solution is not new. "Cargo Cults," which promised Melanesian Islanders that ships bearing all the goods of the West would soon be arriving, were popular in the 1930s.

If someone is Russ's situation wants to be proactive in a way that might have a positive effect at sentencing, one strategy is to devote substantial time and energy to charity, especially one that publicizes the dangers of HYIP or unregulated FOREX. Charitable work may not help, but it can't hurt.

Anonymous

Posted: 6/12/2003 1:51:51 PM

By: Todd Richendollar - it's benefit

Whhhaaasssss up? Rose dear it is benefit not benfit. You are quite funny, are you taking your meds? I can just imagine Russ using that as his defense: "Yes your honor I did scam 30million but I did it as a service to mankind." . . . . . what a nutcase you are.

Todd

Internal Administrator

Posted: 6/12/2003 1:28:50 PM

By: Rose

Open-ended question: Do Russell Cline and HYIPs benefit mankind?

Let me start by saying I am not Russell Cline. If it makes Orion investors feel better to think I am rather then accept they're own stupidity, they're welcome to think I'm whoever they wish.

Since brainstorming potential defenses for my ex-boyfriend's trial, I've come up with the following:

Since finding this Website I've began researching High Yield Invest Programs referred to as HYIPs. In a nutshell, a HYIP purports to offer investment in a ridiculous scheme which promises to return astronomical earnings with a very low-level of risk. Anyone who has a brain larger then a peanut instantly realizes all HYIPs are scams. To quote David Marchant, "As someone who investigates investment schemes for a living, I can categorically tell you that HYIPs do not exist in any way, shape or form and every single one of them is a scam, with no exceptions, including the fabled 'one that works'. Any legitimate financial advisor will tell you that risk is directly proportional to reward and anyone claiming otherwise should be avoided like the plague."

Orion was a classic HYIP. Orion purported to offer members an average 8% monthly return of the value of their account with an extremely low-level of risk using a forex-trading scheme which only made sense if you didn't think about it. As we know today Orion, as David pointed out months prior to it collapsing, was a scam.

Mr. Marchant says that those who run HYIPs are, "[the] lowest forms of human life". I disagree. I think HYIPs offer a crude but valuable service to mankind.

The vast majority of investors in a HYIP are those with a very low-level of intelligence. It's no coincidence that a lot of HYIP victims are also Jesus freaks, since it's well-documented that religious fanatics have low intelligence quotients. These are people who--without experiencing a life-changing event--will go on to procreate children with inferior minds. The genes that cause the inferior minds will perpetuate from generation to generation.

Once a HYIP collapses the participates are financial devastated--they typically loose their life savings, their homes go into foreclosure and a lot of times have to file for bankruptcy since during the HYIP boom they used credit to invest. They spend the rest of their lives at a very low standard of living. Because the HYIP left them so poor they typically will not reproduced thus not perpetuate their inferior minds. Further if they do have children, the collapse of the HYIP will encourage them to teach their children to not be as stupid as them.

Dealing with HYIPs requires a two part solution: 1) educate the public and 2) prosecute those who run them. As a collective public we can't do anything about #2 but we can do something about #1. I do believe that Russell Cline should be prosecuted as harshly as possible. However I equally believe that more must be done to educate the public about HYIPs. As victims of Orion we should stand-together to organize a program which will educate the public about HYIPs. Whose with me?

Am I stick and twisted? Probably

Did I loose money in Orion? Yes

Did I deserve it? Yes

Think about this critically before responding.

Rose

Anonymous

Posted: 6/12/2003 6:28:53 PM

By: Ol' Hap

RE: "I have a BA in Women Studies from Harvard w/ a 3.8 GPA."
and
"Yes, sadly getting a degree in Women Studies limited my job opportunities."

Aw, Rose, did you *have* to bust the bubble??
No graduate of Harvard would refer to that program as "Women Studies"...twice. That would be Women's Studies, dear, but never mind. You're the most entertaining thing to hit this board in a long time, so keep at it!!

Anonymous

Posted: 6/12/2003 5:38:28 PM

By: Rose

>nice job. but why dont you tell everyone
>what club russell plucked you from
>i dont think it was harvard.

Yes, sadly getting a degree in Women Studies limited my job opportunities. After Harvard the only jobs I qualified for were running Russell Cline's harem and working as an exotic dancer in Vegas. While those jobs aren't respectable, they did allow me to utilize my education, provide for my child and the money I made will pay for L-School.

xoxoxox

Rose

Anonymous

Posted: 6/12/2003 5:25:48 PM

By: get real

whoever's posting as rose,

nice job. but why dont you tell everyone what club russell plucked you from

i dont think it was harvard.

Anonymous

Posted: 6/12/2003 5:06:09 PM

By: Rose - ok thanks

I understand.

Is there certain law schools you'd recommend applying to if I want to specialize in white-collar crime? I have a BA in Women Studies from Harvard w/ a 3.8 GPA.

Rose

PS: My previous boyfriend, Russell Cline, was actually older then you.

Anonymous

Posted: 6/12/2003 4:42:44 PM

By: JColvin - Hey Nineteen

Rose,
I am 39 years old, married, with two kids and a house in the suburbs. I've already survived a midlife crisis, eased in no small way by 6 weeks of driving a friend's new Porsche Carrera S (while he was skiing at Whistler). While your looks and diverse experience may make up for your lack of age, I have no such attributes to make up for my surfeit of years. I will therefore politely decline your offer. But, I will encourage you to keep posting, as you bring a unique perspective to the boards.

Anonymous

Posted: 6/12/2003 4:04:40 PM

By: Ol' Hap - KYC News

Rose is bold, lacking in pretension, and funny, not to mention creative. She is indeed, a welcome addition.

Go For It, John!!!
But prepare yourself...I doubt you'll be discussing Cargo Cults for very long.

Kinda gives "Know Your Client" a whole new meaning here, doesn't it?

-Hap

Anonymous

Posted: 6/12/2003 9:40:38 PM

By: Ol' Hap - Spoilsport

Hate to be a spoilsport, but would somebody please let the real *Rose* know that some idiot posted her child's name up here and is lampooning her. As amusing as it is for all of us, I think she'd want to know.

Anonymous

Posted: 6/12/2003 9:25:14 PM

By: Rose - response to 'Me' poster

> I just read "Rose's" message regarding her
> education and I'm completelly appauled.

You mean appalled? Are you sure you don't want to use an adjective rather then a verb? Like maybe jealous? You're jealous that I have an ivy-league education and am going to go to law school while you lack a high-school diploma. Or maybe you're jealous that I was leading Russell's harem while you were merely one of Russell's peasant gophers.

Oh and in the interest of making Ol' Hap the spelling Nazi happy, "completelly" and "appauled" are spelled incorrect.

>Rose! Either that or the extacy

Excuse me rocket scientist but it's ecstasy not "extacy". Is English your second language?

>What city is Harvard University located, Rose?

Oh Jesus this is a hard question. Would it be Las Vegas? No? Oh maybe it is Cambridge, Massachusetts.

> Cut the crap. Russ sure taught you well.

If you don't have something useful to contribute go away. You are wasting the computer space of my dear friend, Mr Marchant.

Now run along and go work on your GED. You'll need at least that to stay off food stamps without Russell's hand-holding.

Rose

Anonymous

Posted: 6/12/2003 7:59:56 PM

By: Me

I just read "Rose's" message regarding her education and I'm completelly appauled. That is not Rose! Either that or the extacy went to her head severely and she's hallucinating as she's posting. What city is Harvard University located, Rose?

Cut the crap. Russ sure taught you well. Or maybe you two made great bullshit partners after all. Sort a "power couple" in the world of thieves.

Anonymous

Posted: 6/12/2003 7:21:29 PM

By: Ol' Hap - Harvard?

RE: "However since "Women's Studies" is not as politically corect as "Women Studies", a number of facility and students choose the latter form. There's actually been quite a few debates about this. To some people the possessive name of the program signifies that Women own the studies were the non-possessive form signifies the studies are of Women (which I feel is more accurate)."

Okay, I'll buy that explanation, but I'm having trouble with your spelling and grammar. It's "faculty", not "facility", and there *have* been quite a few debates, or as a contraction "there've been", not "there's been". No offense, but is it really possible to get all the way through Harvard with a 3.8 GPA without learning how to write? If so, then Harvard did you a disservice.

Not that it really matters on this board.

-Hap

Anonymous

Posted: 6/12/2003 7:06:42 PM

By: Ol' Hap - Well Said, Noone

RE"...the propagation of religion's moral twist on reality seems like the crime of the century to me...."

...and the root cause of most of the war, terrorism, hatred, oppression, bigotry, death and destruction going on in the world today.

Here, here, Noone.

-Hap

Anonymous

Posted: 6/12/2003 6:59:50 PM

By: Rose - au contraire

Ol' hap, that is a very interesting point. You are technically correct, the name of my program was "Women's Studies".

However since "Women's Studies" is not as politically corect as "Women Studies", a number of facility and students choose the latter form. There's actually been quite a few debates about this. To some people the possessive name of the program signifies that Women own the studies were the non-possessive form signifies the studies are of Women (which I feel is more accurate).

xoxoxox

Rose

Anonymous

Posted: 6/12/2003 6:50:43 PM

By: Noone

with regards to scammers, natural selection, and crime...

while increasing planetary intelligence seems
like a noble goal, i don’t think breading scammers
to rip stupid people off from their property is exactly
the best way to achieve it. besides, there are far
too many poor unintelligent people spreading
the genes to make a dent. although
I'm all for losing a few religious fanatics.

i’ve spent years on both sides of the coin, from monk in
ashram meditating all day with nothing but today’s meal in hand, to entrepreneur hot dog building a business empire into something quite substantial. with crozier's crash i’ve pretty much now lost it all and am facing the forced life changing event rose describes.

did peter do me a wonderful service by teaching me a
lesson about sketchy offshore banks and all the big bad
sharks in the sea, perhaps. but it seems like an unjust bill
for such a simple lesson.

my moral vote is that people who harm other people by
whatever means be it violence, scams, theft, etc should be
punished accordingly to the intensity of suffering inflicted.

but leave the victimless crimes out of it...
freedom to alter ones consciousness (with drugs or otherwise)
or engage in consensual sex (kinky, paid, homo, or otherwise)
is our birth right and should not be considered criminal acts.
the propagation of religion's moral twist on reality seems
like the crime of the century to me.

just my .02 on the crozier dollar

noone

Anonymous

Posted: 6/13/2003 1:31:02 AM

By: Drew

Why is it that Sammy is named in the suit and Rose is not? Can Rose answer that, please?

Anonymous

Posted: 6/13/2003 12:52:12 AM

By: Ol' Hap

RE: "Mr. Hap I thought we were friends? Are you too jealous of my ivy-league education? Or maybe you're jealous that I asked Mr. Colvin out on a date rather then you?"

Nope, definitely not jealous of your "education". And I reeeeeally don't think you'd want to date me...heh.

"Mr Hap, reality is relative--and so for you, my friend, I am the real *Rose*."

On this board, you're absolutely right, reality is completely and utterly relative, and at this point, ya know, I don't give a flying f$#%k *who* you are 'cause you're making me laugh more than I have in weeks.

"xoxoxox kiss kiss"

mmmmmmm-WAH, Rose!!!!

-Hap...
...who, YES, most definitely is a woman (good call, other poster, poor Rose needs a crash course in Women Studies) whose mother happens to be a feminist thealogian with a doctorate in psychology, so don't give me this crap about "Women Studies" at Harvard. Our Rose here is most certainly a male of some persuasion. Great sense of humor, though, you gotta admit.

Anonymous

Posted: 6/12/2003 10:36:58 PM

By: Ol Hap - you're a woman, right?

Let's set the record straight? woman or man?

Anonymous

Posted: 6/12/2003 10:03:35 PM

By: witzerd - for this Rose

a suggestion Rose to get you through these moments... you need a project of sorts... focus that energy on trading pennies (stocks $5 & under)... market maker manipulation, pump & dumps, momo madness, fear and greed... all in abundance... and its all perfectly legal... another ideal primer for law school.

Anonymous

Posted: 6/12/2003 10:02:16 PM

By: Rose - response to Ol' Hap

Mr. Hap I thought we were friends? Are you too jealous of my ivy-league education? Or maybe you're jealous that I asked Mr. Colvin out on a date rather then you?

Mr Hap, reality is relative--and so for you, my friend, I am the real *Rose*.

xoxoxox kiss kiss

Rose

Anonymous

Posted: 6/12/2003 9:46:47 PM

By: Ol' Hap - Oof

Oof, hate to do this, Ms. Rose...

RE: "Oh and in the interest of making Ol' Hap the spelling Nazi happy, "completelly" and "appauled" are spelled incorrect."

No, they're not spelled "incorrect". They're spelled incorrectly. That's grammar, not spelling, and you did NOT go to Harvard.

Love ya anyway!!
xoxoxoxox
-Hap

Anonymous

Posted: 6/13/2003 6:03:24 AM

By: Rose - response to ? to rose

I don't believe Russell had an exit strategy. Russell was remarkable dumb, a drug addict, severely bipolar and extremely disorganized. He got his investors through a combination of pure luck and exploiting the ignorant.

Though not an exit strategy, I believe Russell does have a defense to this. He plans to blame his employees, in particular two very kind ladies, one kind older gentleman and one young man. In fact blaming his employees is already working--that's why April Duffy and Nancy Hoyt are in the lawsuit with him.

However, blaming employees will not work for long. There is no question in my mind that the feds know who really was behind Orion--following the money is very easy, it just takes time. In the end Russell Cline and the people from Dominica who aide and abet him will be brought to justice. I promise this. And if I am wrong I will personally give David Marchant a blow job on camera to be broadcasted on this Website.

If the people from Dominica are reading this, if you have any evidence that Orion is not a scam I demand you post it NOW. Your recovery program produced NO EVIDENCE. The AUDIT you said would happen NEVER HAPPENED. Your hands are very, very dirty. What's your explanation? Dominica, if you want to save yourself tell everyone the truth NOW, which is that Russell lied to you like he lied to everyone else. There is NO WAY Russell will win this. If you do not break ties with Russell now you can look forward to a very low-standard of living for the rest of your life.

This is getting me worked up, I better go take my meds.

xoxoxox love,

Rose

Anonymous

Posted: 6/13/2003 4:46:53 AM

By: ? to rose

facinating stories rose...

you could publish and make a mint.

did russel have any kind of an exit strategy?

Anonymous

Posted: 6/13/2003 3:07:46 AM

By: Rose - answer for Drew

Drew, my sweetheart, nice to see you posting here. Brings tears to my eyes when I think of the found memories we've had. Sounds like you're a bit bitter at me; is it because I didn't fuck you enough or is because I'm more successful then you? Either way I can absolutely answer your question.

The short answer is because I'm smarter then her. The long answer is more complex.

First some history: For those not in the know, Sammy (aka Bangone Vorachith) was the leader of Russell Cline's harem prior to me cumming on-board end of 2000. At which point I used my Harvard education in Women's Studies to quickly over-throw her demoting her to the #2 position. She did get a nicer house then me however I'm certain I was paid over 10 fold more then her per month. Not to mention I got 2 BMW X5s, a Porsche, a BMW Z8 and cars for all my dysfunctional family members while poor Sammy was stuck with just 1 broken BMW X5, an ugly Mercedes, an empty 2 million dollar home (she didn't get any funds for furnishing it) and a huge-ass engagement ring from her broken engagement (courtesy of me) with Russell.

Anyway to answer you question: At the beginning of Russell's scam he setup the infamous Dia & Vb Revocable Express Truste bank account at the local Beaverton branch of Bank of America (smart huh? Russell was about as offshore as the state of Oklahoma). Since he was primarily fucking Sammy at the time he coaxed Sammy to be a co-signer on this account. He then told Sammy that anytime she needed money she could just dip her pretty hands into this account. Without Sammy's knowledge Russell then told all his investors to wire money into this account and he'd put it into "forex trading" (which never really happened).

Sammy is, by the way, incredible stupid. She is, like the other harem members except me, just a pair of tits with legs.

Fast forward to 6 months ago. After countless complaints from Russell Cline's victims, the CFTC decides to investigate. They discover a significant portion of investor deposits went to this Dia & Vb account. They look and see Sammy's name on the account. They also notice Sammy has taken many withdrawals from this account, lives in a 2 million dollar home and is dodging subpoenas. So they assume Sammy is a perpetrator though she of course wasn't--she was simply setup by Russell just like April and Nancy.

I, unlike Sammy, was smart and never really loyal enough to co-sign on any bank account which I thought Russell might use for his scam. That is why the CFTC is after her and not me. As long as Sammy isn't a complete bitch with the feds I suspect the suit against her will be dropped quickly.

Now Drew regarding your mean comments about me. I know a story about you that will prove my identity. Remember that night at Russell's when you were partying and gave yourself too many injections. Yup, the time when you were priapismic for 4 days straight before going into the emergency room to get it *drained*. God, that did look painful.

Before going off on me Drew, do keep in mind that you never did *anything* for Russell but take his money, backstab him and fuck his women. You are quite a luser Drew. What are you up-to these days? Are you on food stamps yet?

Rose

Anonymous

Posted: 6/13/2003 1:59:33 AM

For all of you, if any, that know Rose - She is in no way that articulate, or creative as this person claiming to be her. It's amusing, but sad. And for those who really know Rose, you'd know she has no ivy league education, unless those millions bought something that would take a gifted person years of hard study and discipline. If you're looking to amuse yourself keep engaging "Rose" in conversation, but you'll not gain any insight into the real Rose or Russell. Leave the girl alone, and as for Russell...he'll be in jail soon!

Anonymous

Posted: 6/13/2003 1:13:15 PM

By: Rose wonder if DM hopes .....

Hey Rose do you think David M. hopes you are right or wrong?

FROM YOUR POST
However, blaming employees will not work for long. There is no question in my mind that the feds know who really was behind Orion--following the money is very easy, it just takes time. In the end Russell Cline and the people from Dominica who aide and abet him will be brought to justice. I promise this. And if I am wrong I will personally give David Marchant a blow job on camera to be broadcasted on this Website.

As for me, I kind of hope you are wrong becasue the results would definitely light up the board.

I am at a loss of the words to describe you but just keep on keeping on!!!!!

Hunter

Anonymous

Posted: 6/13/2003 11:39:20 AM

Rose- We don't know eachother! I happen to know of you, and Russell. Sorry to hear about your friend, but I'm happy to report it wasn't me. I'm a woman! Carefull with the details; some may thing that unlike everybody else, you may have been aware of the scam. I don't know who you are but I know for a fact it's not Rose. There is no amount of stories you can tell that will prove anything... We most definitelly did not run in the same circles! Why would anyone use Rose's name to post on this site... how would she even know about it? She much more interested in running, so that maybe, just maybe she'll keep the Navigator and the Porche. I've been very polite, so please return the favor!

Anonymous

Posted: 6/13/2003 1:29:56 PM

By: JColvin - KYC Personal Ad

Hunter,

If Rose turns out to be wrong, she might accomplish what Marc Harris and others could not - having OBNR/KYC shut down!

One of Rose's prior posts in this thread got me thinking about what a personal ad section of this message board might look like. Sample personal ad:

SWM seeks SF w/ IBCs for offshore entertainment and lucrative retirement. Must enjoy ciruclar money flow, and willing to play "captive insurance companies." Funds verification available upon request. Have Ponzi, MLM, workable exit strategy and willing to share with attractive downline. NSLD. No BGs, SLCs or MTNs. Residents of Imaginary Principalities or former Omega members need not apply.

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

BAHAMAS  
BERMUDA  
BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS  
CAYMAN ISLANDS  
Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.