OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
Orion -- Wanted: House in Portland area for ecstasy parties and orgies?
Anonymous
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2011

Posted: 7/22/2003 12:55:16 PM

By: Rose -- excellent question

I heard Dominica is nice. If I were the feds I'd incarcerate him now--that fucker is a flight risk.

Rose

"I'm not sure who is hotter the girls working for Russell Cline or Miss Lucy Mell. One thing I know for certain is none of them were hired for their minds." - Charles K Ponzi, from an interview with him in Hell.

Anonymous

Posted: 7/22/2003 12:21:28 PM

By: investor

Where would Russell stay if not in his lavish home??

Anonymous

Posted: 7/21/2003 9:03:23 PM

By: rose - Charles Ponzi said do not due

sorry my antipsychotic drugs sometimes cause typos

Internal Administrator

Posted: 7/21/2003 9:00:17 PM

By: Rose

The subject is a preemptive ad for my former boyfriend.

Julie Vacura, the sassy Orion court-appointed receiver, is trying to kick my former boyfriend out of his $2 million dollar Lake Oswego pimphouse. In a motion filled by Vacura on 6/23, among a bunch of relatively less-interesting actions, she asked the court to remove the scammer known as Russell Cline from his home to place it up for lease.

A hearing has been set for 7/28 at 10:30AM in Portland Courtroom 9A to, "discuss the form of order for Receiver's Motion for Court Approval of Direction to Receiver to take certain Actions".

Though this isn't exactly a significant hearing, it'd be interesting if the investors of Orion showed their support by flooding the courtroom. Unfortunately I don't think the LA State hospital will grant me a hall pass to attend--however maybe, just maybe I'll be there . . .

I hope Julie ejects his ass. Go girlfriend! Girl power!

love,

Rose

"If I was alive during the Internet age I would due just like Russell Cline" - Charles K Ponzi speaking from Hell, Cline's future home

Anonymous

Posted: 7/22/2003 4:26:17 PM

By: passing by

"Was Sandstrom well-paid? Yes. Did Sandstrom get assistance from Cline for purchasing her home? Probably. Is any of that a crime? No."

Let's reconsider--

Was Sandstrom well-paid? Yes--with stolen funds.

Did Sandstrom get assistance from Cline for purchasing her home? Of course she did--creating a fraudulent tax-return to qualify for a loan.

Is any of that a crime? How about, yes. Unjust Enrichment and Fraudulent Conveyance.

Is she a victim or an accessory? Obviously the courts will decide that, though her ability to help or hinder prosecutors vis a vis Russell might go a long way towards making that distinction more clear.

However, at the time she invested her parents 401k money, I'd agree that she'd be a victim. But how could you support that arguement as she started to take a more active role in the business--especially after making herself seemingly creditworthy to purchase the home?

Something tells me that might be a tough sell--

Anonymous

Posted: 7/22/2003 3:14:10 PM

By: Rose - you're identity

I don't know who you are but from your posts here I deduce you are probably on this list:

- Cynthina Bartlett
- Todd Richendollar
- Igor Torchakov(sp on last name?)
- Igor's wife
- Diana Hale's white-trash husband (have you left him yet Di?)
- Jim Hoyt
- Nancy Hoyt
- April Duffy
- Russell Cline/Tony Betts/Jeanne Varra (I actually doubt you're one of them)
- Jim Rask (highly doubtful, he's smart enough to leae this site alone)

So asshole, what do I get if I'm right?

Rose

"The truth is stranger then fiction" - a classic axiom

Anonymous

Posted: 7/22/2003 3:05:52 PM

By: Rose - YOU'RE AN IDIOT

Hey dickhead, leave Kristi alone. Sandstrom's only crime is being feeble enough to be unequivocally lied to, coerced and mislead by Russell Cline.

For those not familiar with the situation, Sandstrom was Cline's well-paid assistant responsible for making payments on Cline's behalf. From a limited view of bank statements it's easy to construe Sandstrom misappropriate depositors fund--however in actuality Sandstrom was making payments *ON CLINE'S BEHALF*. Further did Sandstrom benefit from the payments she made? NO--Cline did.

From the view of hindsight, it's easy to conclude Sandstrom should have known withdrawals were being paid by deposits. HOWEVER 1) it was Cline who told her to do this--probably rationalizing this act claiming his trading accounts were large enough to cover deposits; and 2) Sandstrom isn't exactly a rock scientist--she might not have fully realized this was happening.

The bottom line is Sandstrom was a proxy of Cline who Cline is attempting to put the blame on. Unfortunately for Cline, there's very strong evidence in the form of 1) testimony of others; 2) emails; and 3) circumstantially evidence of who benefited from payments; that Sandstrom actions were made based on Cline's instruction.

Was Sandstrom well-paid? Yes. Did Sandstrom get assistance from Cline for purchasing her home? Probably. Is any of that a crime? No.

It's worth pointing out that right now Sandstrom's house is going into (or close to) foreclosure. If she misappropriated funds for her benefit why is she poor now?

The culprit here is unequivocally Russell Cline. Your foolish attempt to blame others is making my blood boil. Go fuck off before I really need to be locked up in a padded room.

Love,

Rose

"I wish their was internet forums when I was running my scam. That would have been fun!" - Charles Ponzi speaking from Hell

Anonymous

Posted: 7/22/2003 2:36:36 PM

you wish you knew who i was??

"The truth is stranger then fiction" - a classic axiom

Anonymous

Posted: 7/22/2003 2:00:13 PM

Kristi's House is to what I'm referring. thought most if not all of her family was living there?

Anonymous

Posted: 7/22/2003 1:50:45 PM

By: Rose - which assistants?

Which assistants?

The receiver, per court order, took control of all the homes owned by Cline/Transpacific, I believe this included the Brecia house, Gabby's house, Todd's house, my former home, etc.

> If not, maybe there is a spare room there? Isn’t most of the > family in that home now since the folding of Orion?

I don't really know which house you're referring to. Do you mean is "most of the family" in Cline's house? No, if anyone only his crackwhores and druggie friends are there . . . I wonder if Tommy that former Portland police officer turned druggie is still living there?

I really wonder exactly who you are, investor. I'll make you a deal, I'll tell you who I am if you tell me who you are. You go first.

Love,

Rose

"Russell Cline makes me proud of my lastname" - Charles Ponzi speaking from Hell

Anonymous

Posted: 7/22/2003 1:32:35 PM

Has his "Assistant's" home been seized? That was purchased on "Orion funds". If not, maybe there is a spare room there? Isn’t most of the family in that home now since the folding of Orion?

Anonymous

Posted: 7/23/2003 1:05:08 PM

By: paul jackson

I will answer your question myself investor....I have not posted hear until now. Curious why you would have or use Jr with my name. I never use it......

Paul

Anonymous

Posted: 7/23/2003 12:04:25 PM

You need not take my statements and queries so personal. I thank you for the continued updates of Orion.

Anonymous

Posted: 7/23/2003 2:02:54 AM

By: rose - typo: i meant fictitious not fictions

that was a dumb typo . . .

Anonymous

Posted: 7/23/2003 12:03:36 AM

By: Rose - additional information

For those interested in the Vacura's exact statements to the court:

In her, "Motion For Court Approval or Direction to Receiver to Take Certain Actions," she states:

"...The receiver also seeks an order of the court:...
Directing Mr. Cline to vacate the property at which he now resides upon 30 days notice from the receiver so that the property can be repaired, leased or sold."

Next in her, "Memorandum in Support of Motion For Court Approval or Direction to Receiver to Take Certain Actions," she states:

"The Receiver seeks a court order regarding defendant Cline's residence.
At $5,516.55 a month in mortgage payments, the Riverwood Road property at which Mr. Cline resides is the most expensive property in the receivership to retain. ... It is not in the best interest of the receivership to allow Mr. Cline to remain at this property, particularly since he does not have the financial ability to make the mortgage payment and there are other properties at which he could reside. The Receiver is seeking a court order directing Mr. Cline to vacate the property upon thirty days notice from the Receiver to repair, lease or sell the property. At that time defendant Cline could move to one of the properties with a smaller mortgage payment."

Vacura also states that all of the seven properties she has taken control of have defaulted loans.

In addition to Vacura trying to kick Cline out of his house, there are two other actions happening in this case which I find interesting:
1) The CFTC is requesting the court draw "adverse inferences" as a result of Cline's repeated "Fifth Amendment" responses during his deposition. Cline's made quite an entertaining performance during his deposition. Other then answering what is name was, his birthday and denying that he directed $48k worth of checks to Sammy (aka Bangone) he answered over an hours worth of question by saying, "Fifth Amendment".

Someone should tell Cline that to a thinking person basically taking the Fifth is synonymous with admitting guilt; ergo if you weren't guilty why would you need to take the Fifth?

2) On Friday, 7/18, Nancy Hoyt filled a well-written response to the CFTC's motion for Preliminary Injunction. Most interesting is her rebuttal to a farfetched statement Diana Hale made in her "Sworn Declaration" which alleges "April Duffy or Nancy Hoyt" would credit company money to a fictions accounts then make withdrawals from those accounts. Hoyt points out that Hale offers no evidence to substantiate this claim. Further Hoyt states Hale has a vested interest in putting the blame of the situation on Hoyt. She--very boldly--suggests Hale has, "motive to curry favor with the government in order to ameliorate the harshness of potential criminal penalties".

Inside of Orion there was a childish pissing match between Hale/Duffy and Hoty/Sandstrom. The allegations of Hale in respect to Hoyt and Duffy having fictions accounts are probably about as true as Cline having large mafia investors--ie, very untrue. I will post more on this later if I have time.

Love,

Rose

"I can't wait to meet Russ when he gets here. Lucifer has personally hand-picked a spot just for him." - Charles Ponzi speaking from Hell

Anonymous

Posted: 7/22/2003 8:46:24 PM

By: Rose - thanks 'passing by'

Thank you "passing by" for your thoughtful post. I respectfully disagree on a few points:

> Was Sandstrom well-paid? Yes--with stolen funds.

Sandstrom didn't know they were stolen funds.

> Did Sandstrom get assistance from Cline for purchasing
> her home? Of course she did--creating a fraudulent
> tax-return to qualify for a loan.

Interesting--this is news to me. What year tax-return did she fudge on, and how badly did she fudge? Was it to get a loan for her first or second home? How is this not a separate issue from Orion? Did Cline or anyone in Orion help her with the tax-return?

> Is any of that a crime? How about, yes. Unjust Enrichment
> and Fraudulent Conveyance.

I respectfully disagree with the Unjust Enrichment allegation as she didn't fully know she was being paid with stolen money. Compare Kristi to the employees of Enron, are Enron workers guilty of being unjustly enriched?

Whether Sandstrom was unjustly enriched or not is besides my point, which is that Sandstorm is not guilty of perpetrating the scam as Cline did.

> though her ability to help or hinder prosecutors
> vis a vis Russell might go a long way towards
> making that distinction more clear.

Kristi, you reading this? "Passing by" is a wise person. Kristi, don't be scared to talk to investigators because of the tax-return wrongdoing, the tax-return sounds like a very distinct issue from Orion.

> But how could you support that arguement as
> she started to take a more active role in
> the business--especially after making herself
> seemingly creditworthy to purchase the home?

I support that argument by suggesting that even with her active role it would be easy for her to be unaware the company was doing wrong. Did Sandstrom have access to Cline's trading statements? No.

Thanks for you response "passing by".

Respectfully,

Rose

Anonymous

Posted: 7/22/2003 6:43:52 PM

How come your list doesn't mention some other people
Like: Michael Andrews and Paul Jackson Jr

Anonymous

Posted: 7/23/2003 3:22:39 PM

By: investor to Paul

So what was your involvement/knowledge of is this fiasco called "Orion"? Were you affected or do you know of others that were? what of this Mike Andrews??

"Roses" comments sometimes cloud the issue we try to address on this site now and then.

"No offense "Rose", just speaking generally. Your due diligence is appreciated”

Anonymous

Posted: 7/23/2003 2:35:31 PM

By: Paul Jackson

That is an interesting spin you put on things "rose". Close to truth but far from truth. I guess that is par for the course considering how things have turned out.

Paul

Anonymous

Posted: 7/23/2003 2:13:32 PM

By: passing by

Unfortunately, your defense of her lack of knowledge of illicit funds is going to be a tough sell, especially since it will have nothing to do with any claims of unjust enrichment or fraudulent conveyance.

Are you serious with the Enron analogy? Perhaps you missed Mike Kopper taking a deal, indictments of both Fastow's with a trial due in 2005...and that list goes on and on--that's all about unjust enrichment.

But for Krisy, she's stuck between two scenarios. 1. Perhaps the submitted tax form was used just to obtain the home and never filed with the IRS (most likely). Fraud on one level.

Additionally, if she never filed any tax return reflecting any income from Orion(also likely) then she'll at least be better off than actually filing a fraudulent tax return with the IRS. Perhaps the "dumb girl" scenario will work as prosecutors debate the amount of "intent" she had to actually knowingly committ fraud. Although submitting a bogus return to a mortgage company to obtain a home seems to support some sort of intent to do something.

In any case, your point that Sandstrom is not guilty of perpetrating the scam is open to debate. She had to pay herself. So she had to know where the funds were coming from. Soon after involvement, there were no more funds coming in. Her moving money around for anyone involved will be construed as perpetrating the scam. So she didn't go out and solicit funds. She was still part of it. Goodbye Kristy.

Anonymous

Posted: 7/23/2003 1:53:18 PM

Naturally you'll notice that Rose is not really Rose, as you may have known her. But she sure is angry! And what role did you play in Orion; where do you stand as far as getting in trouble?

Anonymous

Posted: 7/23/2003 1:39:20 PM

By: rose - we're one big happy family again

Welcome, Paul, to the wacky world of internet forums. Here's some advice while posting here:

- Most readers are unfamiliar with Orion. Therefore you should enlighten the readers as to your role. A short background statement is sufficient, such as, "I did ecstasy with Russ, fucked Russ's harem girlfriends and introduced Russ to new drugs, drug dealers and people to party with. Oh and I occasionally would go buy someone a new laptop."

- Try and be sensational. You attract more bees with honey, or something like that.

- It's only okay to exaggerate the truth about your persona, like by pretending you were some superstar in bed. It is not okay to exaggerate the truth about what happened inside Orion.

- Finally, most importantly, take a large, healthy dosage of skepticism and humor with everything you read here.

Love,

Rose

Anonymous

Posted: 7/23/2003 5:52:42 PM

By: to rose from investor

To correct you Rose; I do not have a relation to Mike Andrews, but would inquire to why his name is not mentioned throughout this Orion conversation, was he not involved bringing in the client relations? Please enlighten us...

Anonymous

Posted: 7/23/2003 5:45:19 PM

By: rose - sounds like a hit a nerve

You seem to have an infatuation with Mr. Andrews? Why? I don't know Mike Andrews well. From what I do know of him, I don't believe he is a victim or an accessor. I think he was on the payroll though he never did anything but party with Russ, etc.

In your previous posts you claimed you were an investor and a member. Why now are you claiming you are not a member?

You don't seem to know the inside of Orion very well. As Rose (aka Jennifer Clavel) I did get along with Kristi, most of the time.

If you're not Uncle Frankie then I think you may be Kristi's sister. Regardless of who you are, would you mind emailing me again at rose32233223@yahoo.com or rose3223@hotmail.com. I have something I'd like to privately share with you.

Rose

Anonymous

Posted: 7/23/2003 5:29:45 PM

By: not a member

Why would I bring attention to someone that I'm related to? Especially when his mane somehow escaped this post. Thank you for involving yet another person.
And since we're on the subject, how do you feel about Michael Andrews. Are you friends, friendly, or do you consider him a victim too.
As far as Kristi is concerned, why would you be defending her? Rose and Kristi did not get along! Kristi blamed Rose for some of the bad influence she had on Russell Cline. And then again Kristi should be much more at fault than Samantha V.

Anonymous

Posted: 7/23/2003 5:20:02 PM

By: rose - i know who investor is

You're name is Frank aka Uncle Frankey you are Mike Andrew's father/uncle or something like that. You use to post under the moniker of 'member' right?

As far as me clouding the issue, I believe it is your stupidity that clouds the issue. I am a beacon in a sea of a fog, follow my light and thou shall find truth.

Rose

Anonymous

Posted: 7/23/2003 4:29:43 PM

By: Rose - Enron analogy; response to 'passing by'

'Passing by' you're correct my Enron analogy was poor. What I think I was trying to suggest is that while Kopper was Unjustly Enriched, if he paid someone with money gained unjustly is that person guilty of being Unjustly Enriched? Compare Kristi Sandstrom to the person paid by Kopper, and compare Kopper to Russell Cline.

>Perhaps the "dumb girl" scenario will work as prosecutors debate the
> amount of "intent" she had to actually knowingly commit fraud.
> Although submitting a bogus return to a mortgage company to
> obtain a home seems to support some sort of intent to do something.

You are arguing that since she submitted a bogus tax-return she probably also perpetrated a massive scam? It is
neither fair nor logical to not separate the issue of her fraudulent tax-return from her actions with Orion. It is reasonable to be suspicious of Sandstrom because of the tax-return, it is not reasonable to assume she is guilty of Orion wrongdoing because of this.

For better or worse my feelings for Sandstrom are colored by the relationship I had with her. Since you seem to be an outsider, and have more knowledge of Sandstrom then I, you're statements are probably fairer and less biased then mine. With that in mind, I will point out the following to rebut that she was an accessor to Orion:

- When she invested her parent's 401k she was already quite familiar with Cline (they partied together). If she thought Orion was a scam why would she have invested her parent's 401k? If you rebut my argument by saying she wasn't aware it was a scam until after the 401k was invested, then why didn't she have her parents withdraw their investment once she realized this? The "dumb girl" argument is easy to make.

- My understanding is that everything she did, including moving money around, was at the direction of Cline. This is based on 1) hearing conversation between her and Cline; and 2) if she misappropriated funds she didn't do it for her significant benefit.

- Finally, and most importantly, Kristi never had access to Cline's trading statements. Without that information how could she have known Cline didn't have funds to backup each spent deposit?

I do believe that Kristi did have much more financial involvement in Orion then Nancy/Sammy/April. Based on that, if anyone other then Cline should be on trial maybe it should be her; however, I still do not believe she ever intended to do wrong in regards to Orion.

'Passer by' you are very articulate and smart. It is nice to deal with intelligent humans after being involved with Orion for so long.

Kindly,

Rose

Anonymous

Posted: 7/23/2003 3:45:18 PM

By: confusion

to all that find it hard to follow this board for education purposes:
We wish to draw visitors' attention to the fact that most messages posted on Internet forums are done so anonymously. and, as such, have limited value. Information should not be treated as fact unless otherwise substantiated.

Also, it is not uncommon for the same person to post several messages under a variety of aliases to create the appearance that others support their views.

It is also worth pointing out that Internet message boards are often used by crooks to solicit their next victim and/or confuse existing victims by exposing them to false and/or misleading information.

Anonymous

Posted: 7/23/2003 3:36:38 PM

By: Paul to Investor

I really try not to get involved on forums like this. If you want to converse with me use my email address that is posted.

Paul

Anonymous

Posted: 7/23/2003 11:42:29 PM

By: passer by

"The support for your allegations are, at best, farfetched"

You're quite right.

"No one inside Orion was smart-enough to think as you're suggesting."

You're quite right, again.

"My respect for your mind is slowly fading."

Don't count me out just yet, webmaster.

"At Cline's *direction* Sandstrom and Diana Hale were instructed to get equity lines on as many properties as possible."

Cheers. You get a prize for that one.

"Cline's rationale was: 1) Cline wanted to give a load of cash to his ex-friend Maurice Mills @ Sterlinforex to make-up for trading losses sustained when Cline traded his account..."

Interesting that you have such keen insight to russell's rationale. But a bit too altruistic, don't you think? Russell the new heat was on him well before anybody else did. He was tagged by authorities early on with in his Samoa transfers. Wrong answer.

"2)Cline needed to hedge against the trading losses of the Orion accounts."

Trading losses? What trading losses? Minimal. He looted the account from day one. Wrong answer again.

"Sandstrom and Hale shopped for equity lines as dutiful employees following the emphatic directions of Russell Cline."

Knowing full well that each had something to gain by doing so.

Anonymous

Posted: 7/23/2003 6:51:59 PM

By: rose - response to 'passer by'

My respect for your mind is slowly fading. The support for your allegations are, at best, farfetched. No one inside Orion was smart-enough to think as you're suggesting.

I'm very busy and lack time to post here all day. So I will only respond to this point:

> I think you'll find that she worked quite
> extensively at trying to obtain equity lines
> of credit and cash outs on all the homes to
> make Russell more liquid (all acts of a desperate
> man with no panache for laundering his proceeds.)

At Cline's *direction* Sandstrom and Diana Hale were instructed to get equity lines on as many properties as possible. Cline's rationale was: 1) Cline wanted to give a load of cash to his ex-friend Maurice Mills @ Sterlinforex to make-up for trading losses sustained when Cline traded his account; and 2) Cline needed to hedge against the trading losses of the Orion accounts.

Sandstrom and Hale shopped for equity lines as dutiful employees following the emphatic directions of Russell Cline. Your suggestions of an ulterior, personal motive have no factual backing.

If you previously went under the moniker 'NewStudent' email me, I would give almost anything to talk to you.

Rose

Anonymous

Posted: 7/23/2003 6:19:53 PM

Well spoken investor! I second the motion!

Anonymous

Posted: 7/23/2003 6:09:52 PM

We shall keep the mystery and both remain anonymous. Please keep us informed on the new updates as they occur.

Anonymous

Posted: 7/23/2003 6:05:23 PM

By: passer by

Again, I have to strike down the Enron analogy because yes, the food chain of financial recipients have and are being indicted.

Regarding the assumption of bogus tax return=scammer, that is not my equation.

My equation is that to afford a 5k plus a month mortgage payment today, when yesterday you were a housewife with three kids says a few things if you didn't win the lottery.

First, if after she discovered the Ponzi, perhaps she knew the only way to get her money back was to do exactly what she did--draw a huge salary while it could be had, and help russell convert cash to real estate and back to cash. I think you'll find that she worked quite extensively at trying to obtain equity lines of credit and cash outs on all the homes to make Russell more liquid (all acts of a desperate man with no panache for laundering his proceeds.) Fortunately, the freeze orders came in time.

Second, I'll give Kristy more smarts than your willing to give and argue that perhaps she saw the writing on the wall and tried to recoup. What better way than to draw a huge salary and be the recipient of a piece of real estate to help russell get liquid. I'd further bet that she felt she'd be able to pay that mortgage in short order--especially at her rate of pay AND knowing EXACTLY, now that she'd been around it awhile, how money came in. (I'm not one to believe that kristy was being paid because of her performances at the house parties.)

Or perhaps, more simply, she was blinded by greed.

But the tax returns may or may not show intent. She either recieved money and didn't declare it (would bet large amounts that this is the case), in which case she has one set of problems. Or she filed for everything she recieved--might be believable if Orion had the infrastructure to issue W-2's or 1099's. But that requires accounting. Smarter accounting if you're going to keep two sets of books. You seem to know everyone that's involved--remember anyone doing accounting--other than kristy?

So betting she's never filed for a "legitimate" salary and not knowing it's origins, as the "dumb girl" defense might claim, but simultaneously deciding not pay taxes, as I'll bet is the case, smells a bit funny.

Do I believe she originally intended to do wrong? No. I think like eveyone else in that group, perhaps even yourself, she got caught up in what was a seemingly rich guy tossing money around to anyone that would hang with him. Kristy saw the writing on the wall and in doing so helped facilitate the conveyance of Orion assets. Goodbye Kristy.

Anonymous

Posted: 7/23/2003 5:57:17 PM

By: rose - response to investor

Andrews is insignificant. The clients he brought in were relatively small, and other then bringing in clients he didn't do anything other then occasionally party with Russ. In addition most of the time he was employed Russ didn't like him.

Just because Andrews name wasn't mentioned doesn't mean I'm him.

Rose

Anonymous

Posted: 7/24/2003 4:33:28 AM

By: rose - 'passer by' you should call yourself SmartStudent

as though you are smart you are still quite a student. your path to graduation may be expidited if you engage me in private email.

> Interesting that you have such keen insight to russell's rationale. But a bit too altruistic,
> don't you think?

I was stating the rationale Cline verbally provided to his girlfriend. Are you denying Cline stated/thought about sending money to Mills to negate his trading losses? Cline had a pattern of being "quasi altruistic", look at how well his groupies were taken care of (cars, houses, jetskis, etc). As my good friend posting under the moniker "Drew" said, "it's easy to be generous with other peoples money". I'm not certain whether Mills was sent a fat wire or not, but if I had to guess I'd say Yes. Speaking of Mills, Mills and the CFTC are close to settlement. Care to guess what the settlement conditions are?

> Russell the new heat was on him well before anybody else did.
> He was tagged by authorities early on with in his Samoa transfers.

You are--again--giving Cline more smarts then he deserves. It is my belief Cline asked for the equity lines as he was simply running out of cash. Your idea that Cline was taking out equity to launder money in a well-plan scheme is laughable once you realize how incredibly dumb Cline was.

As far as Samoa, everyone around him knew he was red-flagged in Samoa. Cline didn't care, no one cared. They just walked down the block to the near-by Beaverton BOFA branch. Getting in trouble in Samoa had zero affect on his mindset.

If he ever was nervous about the feds (prior to 6 months ago) it would be when a batch of subpoenas were sent to groupies Januaryish? 2002. This would be the batch of subpoenas that, in a surreal meeting at my house, Cline emphatically directed--in mob-boss* style--his employees to evade being served, destroy company records (i doubt there was anything really to destroy--russ didn't like to keep records), joked there would be a large bonfire at Kristi's house that night, and directed all company harddisks to be reformatted in a way the NSA wouldn't be able to undo (or in some cases, just throwout their perfectly good laptops and buy newones . . . poor JJ and Todd lost all their porn).

Still I don't think his decision to get equity lines from his properties were colored by nervousness to launder. He was out of cash--it was that simple.

> Trading losses? What trading losses? Minimal. He looted the
> account from day one. Wrong answer again.

Again, I was stating how Cline verbally justified his equitylines to his girlfriend. The jist of what he said was he'd put the money from his equitylines back into trading, and--since he was this superstar forex trader--he would magically quadruple the money in a matter of microseconds.

> "Sandstrom and Hale shopped for equity lines as dutiful employees
> following the emphatic directions of Russell Cline."
> Knowing full well that each had something to gain by doing so.

It is in the interest of any employee to be obedient . . .

NewStudent, my friend, you have better writing skills then you have perception. One area you might enjoy digging is Cline's mental history. Are you aware he was hospitalized for a nervous breakdown when he was a young adult? Or the circumstances surrounding him being shot by cop when he was a teenager? You need insight, which is I why I encourage you to respond to my emails. But if you must forgo directly engaging me do realize Cline, in addition to being incredibly dumb, a drug addict and bipolar, is a compulsive, pathological liar. He lied constantly and about everything, even things as insignificant as what he had for breakfast. And he believed his lies. Sound improbable?

When Cline is criminally indicted I believe a thoroughly mental evaluation will reveal severe sickness of the mind. But we may never get to that point as I believe there's a 30% chance Cline, without getting mental help, will take his own life once he realizes he will inevitably lose the civil suit. Go find a certain Dr Rockoff in Southern Ca who invested in Orion (and Sterling). Cline admitted to Dr Rockoff he was contemplating killing himself if he "couldn't turn things around". I'd be disappointed if Cline killed himself not because the loss of his human life is sad but because I--like you NewStudent--want to see him suffer in prison.

Have you ever been to the Federal building in Portland? On a certain dimly-lit upper floor there's a comical icon next to the label of a certain agency. The other night I had this nightmare: I was in the elevator of the federal building. The elevator abruptly stopped on this floor. Next to the agency's label, rather then this icon, was Russ's head crudly inserted into the wall with bars in front of it. The head's eyes then opened and he said, "8%".

You don't have nightmares about Cline, do you NewStudent?

God speed the feds.

Kindly,

Rose

* Do you know what the favorite show of the Orion groupies was? The Sopranos.

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

BAHAMAS  
BERMUDA  
BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS  
CAYMAN ISLANDS  
Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.