OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
Russell Cline has been incarcerated for Contempt of Court
Internal Administrator
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2011

Posted: 3/16/2004 12:26:25 PM

By: noone

As rumored that he intended to do so, apparently marking the low bottom of a bipolar cycle a severely depressed Russell Cline ostensibly turned himself over to the US Marshall Service yesterday. He is now in custody at the Multnomah County Detection Center. I hope he receives excellent detoxification and psychiatric treatment.

I have mixed feelings about this: on one side I'm happy getting psychiatric treatment (noone deserves to be crazy)--with enough maybe, just maybe he'll acknowledge his guilt; however on the flipside I wonder if cooperating with the court will give his silly defense that he doesn't know how his furnishings "magically" disappeared from his house more credibility?

Either way I think we should all console Rusty by sending him a copy of humorist Andy Borowitz's hilarious book, http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0743251423/>"Who Moved My Soap: The CEO's Guide to Surviving in Prison"

Anonymous

Posted: 3/18/2004 8:15:04 PM

By: Mike Andrews

dont know who the idiot that is using my name or thinks im writing on this board needs to do there DD work. If I have a problem which I do with russel its not going to post on this board. Get a life and quit posting wrong info.
thanks
Mike Andrews

Anonymous

Posted: 3/18/2004 12:58:18 PM

By: i haven't had enuf of Cline yet

"You Cline Clubby Muppets should try posting facts, something useful about Orion or Cline instead of the same heresay, innuendo and character assinaton"

"Cline Clubby Muppets"? Interesting phrase, Mr Andrews, however sounds like you're describing your loser self. Which part of the previous posts do you feel were, "heresay, innuendo and character assinaton"? Does being told by the Sheriff's office that Rusty turned himself into the Marshall service count as heresay, I'm sure that's something you didn't know.

Maybe you and him can be cellmates some day.

Anonymous

Posted: 3/18/2004 10:28:50 AM

By: Had enuf of Cline

You Cline Clubby Muppets should try posting facts, something useful about Orion or Cline instead of the same heresay, innuendo and character assinaton. This is a sight for DD useful stuff for dealers, traders and investors, go write fantasy elsewhere

Anonymous

Posted: 3/16/2004 1:40:00 PM

By: nonoe - to Ol' Hap regarding how this benefits Rusty

At this stage I do not believe Russell will admit guilt (after extensive therapy maybe, most likely not), what I meant in my post is that since Russell wishes to continue to maintain this facade that he doesn't know what happen to his palace's furnishings, turning himself in may give him some remote credibility--to some maybe this will make him appear as law abiding and maybe fool them into believing he really didn't have anything to do with it. He could have always disappeared to some place like say Dominica, which would have really put him in a bad light. Kudos on Rusty's (or more like his talented attorney's) strategy.

Anonymous

Posted: 3/16/2004 12:46:30 PM

By: Ops I'm missing a pronoun in that post

The phrase, "on one side I'm happy getting psychiatric treatment" should have been, "on one side I'm happy *he's* getting psychiatric treatment"

Anonymous

Posted: 3/16/2004 12:36:34 PM

By: Ol' Hap - "Pity Me" Syndrome

RE:"...however on the flipside I wonder if cooperating with the court will give his silly defense that he doesn't know how his furnishings "magically" disappeared from his house more credibility?..."

Full cooperation and admission of guilt is key to leniency, yes. However, bipolar disorder doesn't qualify as insanity and judges tend to be remarkably clear-sighted as far as the "pity me" syndrome of people who commit fraud is concerned. It's quite a classic behavioral tactic, particularly with depressives.

Then again...there *was* that twinkie defense, wasn't there...

-Hap

Anonymous

Posted: 3/19/2004 4:35:14 PM

By: Just go turn yourself in Mikey

"Not going to play your little game."

The why don't you stop responding?

"Russel's day will come in court and yes all of us will be there."

Hopefully you and some of your friends will get a day in court as well. Russell isn't the only one culpable you stupid fuck.

Anonymous

Posted: 3/19/2004 4:24:53 PM

By: Get over it

Mr. RiffRaff,
Good one. Not going to play your little game. This is a message board for DD. Not is this your life 20 questions. If you are not a coward you wouldn't hide behind 20 different email accounts. Russel's day will come in court and yes all of us will be there. What everone is doing with there life isn't your concern although you seem to want to know so bad. Why don't you get on with your life..

Mike Andrews

Anonymous

Posted: 3/19/2004 4:03:24 PM

By: Wow Mikey you are just so gusty and rash

you are so freakin' cool, bold and smooth Mike, too bad you only have an IQ of 0. so anyway tell us about your life, what are you doing for employment? why do you still have offshore ties? have you paid your taxes? why do you act bigger and more important then you really are? what was it like knowing Rusty constantly badmouthed and disliked you?

ps: you seem soo conspicuously defensive for someone who claims to have no interest in this forum.

Anonymous

Posted: 3/19/2004 3:28:41 PM

By: ROFL

"I have nothing to hide already met with them did you?"

LOL. This is the funniest thing you've ever posted on this board.

Anonymous

Posted: 3/19/2004 2:07:08 PM

By: Jeff quit hiding behind false emails

Jeff,
get a life. Its funny how all of you cry about russel but yet won't let anyone know who you really are on this message board. Grow some nads jeff and the rest of you. Why do you hide behind false emails afraid of big brother listening in. What do you have to hide. I have nothing to hide already met with them did you? Do your DD before you pop off on the website. Mr. Merchant has a good site here for DD except for a few of you that have nothing better to do than set at your computer and play games?
If you have a problem with me then email me at my email address. I don't hide like some of you. Grow up.

Mike Andrews

Anonymous

Posted: 3/19/2004 2:04:06 AM

By: Questions for Mikey

Mikey, just to verify it's really you can you answer the following:
1) What are you doing for employment now?
2) What is your annual salary?
3) How many STDs did you get from parting with Rusty?
4) Was is your daily cocaine intake?
5) Who is a bigger loser: yourself, Seamus Lennon or Jim Hoyt?

Anonymous

Posted: 3/23/2004 11:20:47 AM

By: William

Can anybody explain what was the role of Rose the princess in this unfolding drama ?

Thanks

Anonymous

Posted: 3/22/2004 7:23:06 PM

By: investor

I beleive their home was lost through this and they moved into the new "Sandstrom Estates" on the hill, but I'm not sure.

Anonymous

Posted: 3/22/2004 6:38:07 PM

By: Speaking of Kristi's parents

Didn't Kristi's parents use to help Jeanne and Tony setup IBCs (or as "Rose" likes to call them Illegal Buisness Corporations) as well as distribute IBC propoganda?

Anonymous

Posted: 3/22/2004 1:48:51 PM

The outcome that Sandstrom will see from this will be interesting. Being as closing involved as she was with the clients and the wire transfers for those years, you would think that playing "naive" would not hold water. As well, the loss that her parents took is a sad fact, but though the "over compensation" that Sandstrom received, hopefully, they were able to recoup some loss, unlike other investors.

Anonymous

Posted: 3/22/2004 1:03:03 PM

By: The Kristi Conundrum

Is Kristi Sandstrom an exploited employee or a willful
accomplice?

If Russell Cline was in a drug stupor 80% of the time how did he run a sophisticated $40million ponzi scheme?

Did Orion explicitly represent investors' deposits would go directly to CMC, or could you surmise Orion really represented when an investor made a deposit they were given a portion of the purpoted personaly funds Rusty had in trading there? (the latter is what would be the defense for Sandstrom and Duffy)

Is turning a blind eye a crime? Ala, "I don't want to know anything about your trading just tell me where to put the money, overpay me, buy me a house and please ignore that I routinly spend funds without your permission".

What concessions should the government make for cooperation?

Is youth, economic depression or greed valid excuses for stupidity?

Would a jury have more sympathy for April Duffy or Kristi Sandstrom?

Is the reason Sandstrom is not a defendant in the CFTC lawsuit while someone who did the exact same thing she did except on a smaller scale (April Duffy) is because:
a) Sandstrom is a close friend of one of the first persons the gov interviewed while the funny dressing, socially misfit and unpopular Duffy was not; b) Sandstrom was smart enough to use mostly offshore accounts; c) The gov felt they should reward her for her cooperation; d) The gov felt she was a victim because her parents invested; or e) All of the above.

These are just some of the tough questions investigators must ask themselves. The only thing I'm certain of is that whatever the government decides is correct.

Anonymous

Posted: 3/21/2004 9:39:14 PM

By: lose@why.net

Please let us, the investors, know why we are being hurt instead of those who really have the money There is only ONE person that was in control of all the MONEY. KRISTI????

Anonymous

Posted: 3/19/2004 5:31:58 PM

By: rus-russel-rusty

Give us the list of people that are to blame besides Cline.

Anonymous

Posted: 3/26/2004 7:56:35 PM

By: Help, I need a translator

"Out of a home not big enough to a home to big"

What are you trying to say?

"I feel real bad for the parents and the kids."

Anonymous

Posted: 3/26/2004 7:43:00 PM

By: Kristi's family

Out of a home not big enough to a home to big... With mom, dad, sister, kids, etc., where could they go? I feel real bad for the parents and the kids.

Anonymous

Posted: 3/24/2004 7:46:04 PM

By: Foreclosure

That's correct it was foreclosed leaving some to ponder how much would have been recovered had the Orion Recievership taken control of it in May. Probably not much . . .

Anonymous

Posted: 3/24/2004 6:24:10 PM

Anyone know the current status of Kristi and her family?
I heard the "Big House" was in foreclosure.

Anonymous

Posted: 3/23/2004 2:37:16 PM

By: William

so she was not as innocent as she pretends to be !!

Anonymous

Posted: 3/23/2004 1:06:16 PM

By: Rose was a gift to all

Rose was a gift to all russ's friends. She was on her back and knees more than anything. She got hundreds of thousands of $ from russ to be his and slave. She had 3 cars and nice home just for x...the were a perfect couple.

Anonymous

Posted: 3/26/2004 8:50:13 PM

By: -@-

for Kristi being involved, or falling into this mess her parents and children are the ones that have to pay. I just feel bad for them.

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

BAHAMAS  
BERMUDA  
BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS  
CAYMAN ISLANDS  
Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.