OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
Amway - Republican leaders
Internal Administrator
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2011

Posted: 11/1/2004 10:52:54 AM

By: Hunter

Be interesting to see if article below gets much attention since it is old news but not too surprised to see it mentioned as elections draw near. For those interested the Amway - Republican Party ties, they are mentioned in a book recommended by Sooltauq - The Great American Tax Dodge written in 2000. Covers contributions to Republican Party by Amway, contributions for new broadcast center at Republican Party's national headquarters in Washington, help from Newt Gingrich and Trent Lott on modifications to tax bill that would help Amway, etc. Maybe later it will be news on the pardon of Marc Rich. All I can say is thank goodness both sides are running out of time.

http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release_html_b1?release_id=75180

Former Federal Auditor Turned Whistleblower and FBI Witness Speaks
The following represents the opinion of www.merchantsofdeception.com.
MONTOURSVILLE, PA -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 11/01/2004 -- A former high-level distributor for Amway/Quixtar has launched a whistle-blower website -- www.merchantsofdeception.com -- revealing the alleged close ties of the multi-level marketing industry to the National Republican Party and directly to the current administration.

According to www.merchantsofdeception.com, these political ties, involving huge political contributions and large speaking fees for prominent Republican leaders (including former Presidents), have resulted in a massive $280 million tax break for the Amway Corporation, the largest multi-level marketing company (MLM), as well as immunity for Amway and companies of this type from investigations of possible violations of anti-pyramid scheme statutes. The "business" has brought in well in excess of $20 billion to date.

www.merchantsofdeception.com is published by Eric Scheibeler, a former federal auditor and later a ranking Amway insider who turned whistleblower and FBI witness. Scheibeler was instrumental in providing key documentation to "Dateline NBC" in its May 7, 2004, hidden camera exposé of Amway/Quixtar's "secret" pyramid business run by Amway/Quixtar "kingpins." "Dateline NBC" reported that the FBI and the IRS are conducting investigations based partly on information disclosed in the report.

A life-long conservative, Scheibeler details GOP donations and corporate promotion that have allegedly resulted in political protection and benefits for the MLM industry. An audiotape of former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich promoting Amway at a large Amway meeting is included on the site. The site details public speaking fees to Gingrich in the $50,000 range. Gingrich arranged a reported last-minute modification in a comprehensive tax bill that allegedly provided a $283 million tax break to just one company -- Amway. Also on the site are audio clips of then Texas governor George W. Bush and one sent by high-level kingpin distributors from a private meeting within the White House.

"The GOP seems to have been hijacked by political payoffs from an industry that is rife with consumer deception, and bogus 'business opportunity' selling," Scheibeler stated. "Whether you are a Democrat or Republican, we can agree it is time this secret influence peddling and the harm it causes consumers and our democracy are revealed. I was on the inside. I saw it with my own eyes. I also have the documents, financials, and the audio and video tapes to prove it."

The site also calls to task the Federal Trade Commission -- currently chaired by Bush administration appointee Timothy Muris, whose law firm represented Amway -- for its alleged failure to investigate or prosecute pyramid sales schemes, despite multiple well-documented complaints.

Eric Scheibeler is the author of the book, "Merchants of Deception" that details the deceptive marketing of bogus business opportunities by the Amway Corporation and the secret "other" business run by its top promoters to sell so called "success tools" to unwitting recruits."

Free advance, electronic release of book available to the press at: www.merchantsofdeception.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Verity Consulting Group, LLC
Phone: 570-368-2008
Facsimile: 570-227-0060
Email: erics@suscom.net

SOURCE: www.merchantsofdeception.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back To Recent News
Issuers of news releases, not Market Wire, are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.

Anonymous

Posted: 11/3/2004 9:36:04 PM

By: Happy to Oblige

No problem, Sugar Magnolia.
Apparently, I get funny when I'm bitter.
Next four years should be a scream.
-Hap

Anonymous

Posted: 11/3/2004 8:12:33 PM

By: Your comment is so funny and true

Got a good laugh when I read your comment. Beats me but maybe it makes people feel better to think they are concerned about moral values.

Thanks for the laugh,
Hunter

Anonymous

Posted: 11/3/2004 2:30:06 PM

By: Moot Point, Too Many Suckers

Obviously deception and criminal activity carries little weight with U.S. voters. According to exit polls, they're more concerned with "morality" issues.

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.