OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
Andres Toucedo, Sergio Gifuni and others.
Anonymous
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2011

Posted: 3/16/2005 6:59:21 PM

By: David S. Lesperance

Okay, I will ask the same question.

David S. Lesperance
Barrister and Solicitor
Licensed to Practice Law in the Province of Ontario, Canada
(verify by going to lawyer directory, type in "Lesperance" at the website for the Law Society of Upper Canada http://www.lsuc.on.ca/ Note: "Upper Canada" is what we pretensious Ontario Lawyers still call Ontario

Anonymous

Posted: 3/16/2005 6:44:16 PM

By: CorporateAttorneys

Are you trying to protect those scammers ?.....if not I don't understand your attitude.

Besides, how can you ask other to give you information about their identity if you hide yours ?

Anonymous

Posted: 3/16/2005 5:47:53 PM

By: The anonymous Peter Winters

Odd reply at Diligizer.

Subject: Answer to HunterHelper.
Posted By: CorporateAttorneys - Registered User
Posted At: (3/16/05 9:45 pm)

For the moment I'd like to remain anonymous to the regular visitors of the forum, the same way as you, but if you contact me with your name and address and area of your expertise, I'll give you all the information. Also, if you have some information on the subject, will be much better, and if you don't I don't understand why you need to know who I am.

You must understand that I'm not the scammer here. How can I scam you or other members of this forum ?

CorporateAttorneys.com is just a free e-mail service that goes well with our activity, but if you prefer, don't consider us as attorneys, just simple people representing others that have been scammed by this people.

Is important what you do to make a living when trying to stop scammers ?

AND MY COMMENT
Subject: Anonymous as in not Peter Winters?????
Posted By: HuntersHelper - Registered User

Anonymous

Posted: 3/16/2005 4:23:12 PM

By: Question about corporateattorneys.com

I have run across that email extension, corporateattorneys.com, more than once. References I remember had to do with scams. Here is link to one such example.

http://www.419legal.org/view_email.php?scam_uid=6273

FROM EMAIL AT MENTIONED AT SITE
Barrister Rowland Ijiego,
Principal Partner,
Rowland Law Chambers
Email:rowlandlawchambers@corporateattorneys.com

So, could you provide more information about your practice? Where are you licensed, what is address of office, phone number, etc. Also, please provide a link to any corporate site for law firm where practice.

Thanks,
Hunter

Internal Administrator

Posted: 3/16/2005 3:57:00 PM

Any relevant information on the following people, as well as people defrauded by them will be very much appreciated.

Andres Fernando Toucedo Zinghini - uruguayan, living in Galicia, Spain and offices in Madrid
Sergio Gifuni Toucedo - uruguayan, living in Uruguay, traveling frecuently to run the Madrid office
Luis Alberto Toucedo Martinez - uruguayan/spanish, living in Uruguay and Galicia, Spain
Jaime Dreifus - uruguayan, living in Uruguay, Argentina, Spain
Manuel Enrique Lopez - uruguayan, living in Uruguay
Fernando Cruz - uruguayan, living in Spain
Gerardo Moro - uruguayan, living in Spain

Any other related to this group.

Please forward all information to:

fraud@CorporateAttorneys.com
peter@CorporateAttorneys.com

Att: Mr. Peter Winters, Attorney at Law

Thanks in advance for your co-operation.

We guarantee confidenciality.

Anonymous

Posted: 3/17/2005 4:18:21 PM

Dear Readers: After such rapid response time only yesterday, do we draw any inferences from the lack of response to my last email?

David S. Lesperance

Anonymous

Posted: 3/16/2005 11:30:44 PM

Dear Sir: The point of Hunter's original question was to follow-up on a claim that you made that you were a lawyer or group of lawyers. If you were a lawyer, I have no doubt that you would not hestitate to tell us your full name and which bar you belong to. In fact if you were a lawyer, you would have had it beaten into you from your first day in law school that you have a professional obligation to do so.

If you are not a lawyer, the obvious question is "Why would you try to attach this type of credibility to yourself?"

Leaving aside whether the parties listed in the title of this thread are fraud artists, let me advise you that EVERY fraud from FIBG to Imperial that has been discussed on this board, has been followed up by a mini "recovery fraud", where people collected money supposedly to "chase down the theives". The fleeced investors are suseptible to this type of offer as it gives them some type of hope that they will see some of their original money back. Anybody remember Matrix Investigations? Unfortunately they end up getting scammed again.

You now come onto this board claiming to "chase down the scammers", trying to lend credibility to your pitch by using a moniker which infers that you are a lawyer. You then get all huffy when someone asks you to prove it. The standard reply of every single recovery fruad artist on this board, when asked about their credentials was to claim "secrecy least the original scammers get away". A ridiculous argument since the scammer would know that they were being watched because you posted their names and a simple daily gogle search would uncover this thread. The "recoverer" also responds to the request for information about themselves with "Why should I tell you, you post anon". While I post under my own name, so that excuse didn't work here. So either identify yourself if you are a lawyer or acknowledge that you are not (and let the readers draw the obvious conclusion from this admission)

To say that the readers of this post are skeptical of your bona fides is to put it mildly! If there is some reason that you feel that you need to remain mysterious in order to not tip of these people then don't a) claim you are a lawyer and b)at some point ask people to join a "class action" (with a small buy-in cost to join the action).

Seems pretty obvious to me and the others here. BTW I fail to see how asking information about your credentials would in any way "protect the scammers". Nice try though and thanks for the email with the photo of the above named individuals, it was a nice touch.

David S. Lesperance

Anonymous

Posted: 3/16/2005 7:56:43 PM

Maybe I'm in the wrong forum. I just came here due to a necessity, not to play. And I haven't seen any help from your side so far, if you (both Hunter or Lesperance) no nothing about the subject, I don't understand why you mess around here instead of posting in another subject you know something and help somebody.

Anyway, I've lost more than enough time here.

Anonymous

Posted: 3/16/2005 7:51:08 PM

By: And here I thought David S was repeating your question

I don't have a hangup with anonymous posters. It was the email extension that you used which caught my attention and got me to wondering and hence my questions.

It just seems odd to claim you are an anonymous attorney named Peter Winters. Of course in the world of anonymouse posters I guess it isn't too far off the beaten path from what we have seen at this board and other boards.

By the way, I thought David S was repeating your question and maybe thinking that it seems odd for one anonymous poster to be wondering about another anonymous attorney poster named Peter Winters.

Hunter

Anonymous

Posted: 3/16/2005 7:37:04 PM

If one person as this lady Hunter have the right to post anonymous all the timeand in all the forums, participate in all the discussions (even having no idea about the subject), then Mr. Lesperance come to her rescue (as always), I think I have the same right.

Besides, there are a bunch of people working as a team here, is very easy to see it. Why instead of loosing your time with my identity don't you do some research to see if what I'm saying is true or not ?

Anonymous

Posted: 3/16/2005 7:01:35 PM

By: You see nothing wrong with .....

Not trying to protect any scammers but why would you be Peter Winters, Attorney at Law, in one post and Anonymous in another post??

Hunter

Anonymous

Posted: 4/14/2010 1:30:08 PM

By: Santi

Good afternoon

Look at your news of the day 3/16/2005 (Http://www.kycnews.com/message_board_detail.asp?id=15002&page=84) and wanted to know more about the people mentioned, but mainly about Mr. Jaime Dreifus (uruguai, who lives not Uruguay, Argentina, Spain).

Would like to know if you have any photo of the person and want to know what type of fraud was made by this man or if they have the full nameof the individual.

I await a response as soon as possible

Anonymous

Posted: 4/14/2010 1:27:34 PM

By: Santi

Good afternoon

Look at your news of the day 3/16/2005 (Http://www.kycnews.com/message_board_detail.asp?id=15002&page=84) and wanted to know more about the people mentioned, but mainly about Mr. Jaime Dreifus (uruguai, who lives not Uruguay, Argentina, Spain).

Would like to know if you have any photo of the person and want to know what type of fraud was made by this man or if they have the full nameof the individual.

I await a response as soon as possible

Anonymous

Posted: 10/26/2007 10:51:55 AM

By: dario

Les interesa aun informacion sobre estas personas ?

Anonymous

Posted: 7/25/2005 1:33:28 PM

By: Larry Wells

I have been involved in an on going who knows what and now I am being contacted by a Phil Uzo from philuzo@corporateattorneys.com, I would like to know if anyone has had contact or information from this email or person

Anonymous

Posted: 3/21/2005 10:10:04 AM

By: Lame for an asset recovery attempt (or scam)

Not sure what to call it but sure was a lame attempt. Didn't even provide any James Bond action like the Heffernan/TASK saga. Not too sure the Heffernan/TASK saga provides a good learning example for people like the initial poster but here are some class notes on asset recovery done cowboy style.

1. Use a whole mess of names. Claim you are everything from a banker to CIA agent to FBI to complaince officer to due diligence officer. More claims the better.

2. Mix in an organization like TASK (beefs up the effort).

3. Get close to the scammer. Especially good if scammer is in middle of next scam. Can swoop in grab some funds and hit the road.

4. If getting close doesn't work then turn up the heat. Hold in undisclosed location, threaten with going to authorities, turn loose posting dogs, etc.

Above tactics work especially good if hired by a crook to grab funds from a crook. Makes it easier to keep funds that are grabbed.

OR

I guess you could just pretend to be an attorney like the initial poster and ask for information. Just not sure where this approach was headed.

Hunter

Anonymous

Posted: 3/18/2005 9:26:00 PM

I think it is pretty obvious that we uncovered a bit of potential mischief here. I will let this thread stand by itself relating to the group of supposed scambusting attorneys!.

David S. Lesperance

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.