OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
Yank Barry acquitted!
Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2011

Posted: 4/24/2008 9:12:42 PM

By: raina serruyas

On behalf of the Jewish community of Montreal, MAZEL TOV>>>YANKEL Welcoma Home!!!!!

Anonymous

Posted: 4/24/2008 4:09:27 AM

By: Unwanted Publicity

This judge another Manuel L. Real, or was more going-on outside the four walls of the court? Seem to recall the name Yank Barry from lonnnng ago. Anything further, appreciated. -UP

Anonymous

Posted: 4/23/2008 6:40:39 PM

By: David Marchant

As I stated in a message on April 18 (four days before Barry was acquitted): "... I expect Barry to be acquitted. I have such a low opinion of Judge Hughes, based on how he handled the first trial, that part of me thinks that Barry's acquittal might even be a foregone conclusion."

I am amazed that the prosecution allowed Judge Hughes to adjudicate this case given his extraordinary behavior in the first trial.

David Marchant

Internal Administrator

Posted: 4/23/2008 4:52:33 PM

By: clearwater

Wow the board is silent, David, no comments on Yanks acquittal? Yes it's true, Yank Barry was acquitted on all charges yesterday in Houston. All parties waved their right to appeal and accepted the trial in front of the Judge, and only the Judge as it was ordered to the prosecution by the attorney generals office in Washington D.C. No possible appeals, just vindication. I am interested to hear how anyone will spin this?

Anonymous

Posted: 4/25/2008 4:56:30 AM

By: great story on Yank a must read

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20020421/ctvnews859549/

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.