OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
Yank Barry(8)
Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2011

Posted: 11/13/2008 6:09:27 PM

By: Dusty

Just saw the post - intersting there was a conversation at the Ocean Club the other day - Yvette is OK but she just keeps on supporting Yank. They have no friends and the word is that Yvette just wants to get away from The bahamas. She has had a number of "partners" from the club while Yank is away and it is the talk in the club that one whom she "had" in his car was told by her that she knew Yank was a global conman. We hear that she is going to get called to talk about that in court - what she means. It couldn't just have been passion. It must be something when even his wife is prepared to say such a thing even in passion. How does he survive where does he get his money - what does he do he disappears from here for 3-4 months at a time. I see the scam he mentioned he did try to get some of us to write off our taxes this way but nobody here trusts anything he says we know its a scam. Can't help anymore but should be really interesting in court- poor Yvette she should leave him he will take her down.

Internal Administrator

Posted: 11/13/2008 5:12:57 PM

By: terry

Hi Editor
I thought you may be interested in the latest news/gossip about that rogue Yank Barry. I know I have been an associate of his for a number of years but there has to be an end sometime.
He is due in court in Nassau at the beginning of December and has already admitted a $3.5 million debt - it looks as thouh he is going to get his friend/gopher Jason Taite to lie for him in an offset of $7.5 million. Jason and Yank have dummied up some invoices from Global Village- these were already discovered and have been sent to the CDU at the Royal Bahamas Police Force who it is romored are just waiting for Jason and Yank to give sworn evidence so they have them on perjury charges as well. In addition the old "beard" as Yank calls him - Jim Shelley (snoopy@coralwawave.com) formerly with Banc of America is also looking to take a long hard look from the cells if he gives evidence - apparently Yank had Jason right his statement. Shelley does whatever Yank asks for some reson.
Jason is at Jason@gvmarket.com altho he has his owwn company cleaning up the internet!!!
You should now that Yank and jason are invlved in a charity fraud thru GVM where they use charitable organisations in Canada to offset purchases throu GVM to help there buddies avoid tax. A number of documents have been sent to the RCMP but lord knows if they willget round to doin anything. I am tired of him so hepoefully you can get the RCMP to look at the papers.
Yanks wife Yvette Barry will likley get dragged into this and no dobt will get charged if she gives false evidence. I here the Bahamas want Yank out and have looked to deport him but think this is the best way - he has no friends his politician friends are oout of power and Yank is out of money. He robbed my company blind, I think he has also been up to no good with Biochem, and thats why the SEC are investigating us.
Yank is a fraud and he has had one to many chances.
Anyone with any information either reply to this or to me at terryh207@aol.com

Good luck and good ridence

Anonymous

Posted: 11/16/2008 7:47:53 AM

By: lucas

It is possible that Yank had something to do with the shake down in one of Jay Gotlieb's boiler rooms? Is he scared of Lucas or is Lucas scared of him. All people mentioned are low ife crimms.

Anonymous

Posted: 11/16/2008 12:39:27 AM

By: Yank

Interesting but not right. Yvette is not some innocent as you think she is Bonnie to his Clyde and when they both go they go together. You should see the performance they put on - she is as involved in his scams as him. Interesting story about her boyfriends as the author said it is common knowledge that she calls Yank the worlds biggest conman I also hear she will get called as a witness to explain why she told her lover this.However do not believe the rumors that Yank uses his Vitapro product to smuggle products in them - not true? Maybe Terry Hunter can throw some light on this?

Anonymous

Posted: 11/14/2008 8:23:52 AM

By: kenny finkleman

I hope that he gets sent to Canada, so he can pay my grandfather back all of the money that he stole from him. His wife should run fast and far, take whatever money you can lady and find a new husband

Anonymous

Posted: 11/14/2008 4:31:49 AM

By: jay gotlieb

Any word on boiler room boy Jay.I would think that the credit crisis will hurt is boiler room sales.

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.