OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
Alliance Asset Management Int'l, aka Prosper International
Internal Administrator
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2011

Posted: 12/22/2008 7:25:29 PM

By: Ashton Reed

Has anyone heard from this outfit? It seems that there will be no relief forthcoming any time soon.

Anonymous

Posted: 12/23/2008 6:15:16 PM

By: Stupid Investors Deserve to Lose Their Money

Prosper International was an incredibly stupid, obvious investment that hit the dumbest "hide your money" paranoids. None of these fools did any due diligence before investing.

Financial Darwinism.

Anonymous

Posted: 12/23/2008 2:31:24 PM

By: JR BAILEY

FILE COMPLAINT HERE. EMAIL WILL PROBABLY WORK TO GET A POINT OF CONTACT.

The Securities Commission of the Bahamas
3rd Floor, Charlotte House
Shirley & Charlotte Sts.
P.O. Box N-8347
Nassau, Bahamas

TEL: (242) 356-6291/2
FAX: (242) 356-7530
E-MAIL: info@scb.gov.bs

Anonymous

Posted: 12/23/2008 2:13:17 PM

By: Ashton Reed

So much for the privacy issue. The only thing private is how the trustee is spending our money.

One thing for certain, if we can't get to the funds neither can the predators at the DOJ and IRS.

Are the trustees criminally negligent in the matter of investing funds in self-serving manner and, if so, how do we execute a complaint? I'm willing to go to the mat to get some justice out of this. Gauthier is a petty thief and should be held accountable.

Anonymous

Posted: 12/23/2008 1:24:57 PM

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/court-flmdce/case_no-6:2008mc00089/case_id-217444/

http://www.aamiexposed.com/

Which one is worse? Stealing your clients money or turning the information over to the government. Both, in this case.

Anonymous

Posted: 12/22/2008 7:26:16 PM

By: David Marchant

There are articles about AAMI and Prosper International in our Story Library.

David Marchant

Anonymous

Posted: 12/28/2008 8:34:02 AM

ANONYMOUS --
GO LOOK AT THE MADOFF SITUATION -- SAME THING. PYRAMID SCHEMES ALWAYS END THE SAME. WHEN THE AMOUNT OF INCOMING CLIENTS IS NO LONGER ENTERING AT A FAST ENOUGH RATE TO SUSTAIN THE PRIOR CLIENTS THAN IT COLLAPSES. IN THIS CASE -- THERE WERE ACTUAL LARGE WITHDRAWALS ON TOP OF THAT. I WOULD FILE A COMPLAINT AT SCB AS NOTED ABOVE -- THAT IS WHERE I HAVE BEEN DIRECTING PEOPLE.

IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME -- DO WHAT I TOLD ONE CHAP TO DO. INFORM THEM YOU WANT TO APPOINT A NEW TRUSTEE -- THEN YOU WILL SEE THE ERRORS OF YOUR THINKING.

GOOD DAY.
JR BAILEY

Anonymous

Posted: 12/27/2008 9:00:31 PM

By: More Reality

Charles Ponzi's believers kept thinking that someday they would be paid too, long after Ponzi was dead.

Don't mess around: Get a lawyer ASAP. And avoid the "asset recovery" scammers in the meantime, as they will charge you fees to do nothing and then you'll be scammed again.

Anonymous

Posted: 12/26/2008 8:56:05 PM

By: Anonymous

Let's put things in perspective. I doubt very seriously this a deliberate scam job. Pierre is reachable and is happy to take your call if you need to speak to him. They went through a huge accounting transition, which seems unlikely under a legitimate scam job; and they reply to all emails. It's common knowledge that Pierre lives at The Porches and is actively marketing the project. So, wrongdoing is a stretch.

But, now we are stuck in a long-term investment in a bad market. The prospects of recovering any money grows dimmer each passing day. I still have some faith that Pierre will come through, but it could be years.

Anonymous

Posted: 12/26/2008 6:11:53 AM

NOW YOU ARE DOWN TO THIS SCHEME IS A WORSE SCHEME THAN MOST -- WHEN WARREN BUFFETT'S FUND GOES BELLY UP DOWN THE ROAD YOU MIGHT NOT BEING SAYING THAT. IMHO -- THE ONLY DIFFERENCE WOULD BE THAT WARREN WILL REFLEX THOSE LOSES CORRECTLY. WHAT IS INSANE ABOUT THESE GUYS IS THEY ARE STILL LYING TO THEIR CLIENTS.

Anonymous

Posted: 12/25/2008 10:03:15 PM

By: This was a scam on the stupid

This investment was particularly dumb though, about the level of sending money to Nigeria.

Anonymous

Posted: 12/25/2008 9:14:58 PM

TECHNICALLY ANYWHERE YOU PUT YOUR FUNDS AND LOSE COULD EASILY BE WRITTEN OFF AS A FAILURE TO DO DUE DILIGENCE. THE POSTER IS SIMPLY WONDERING WHAT TO DO IN THIS CIRCUMSTANCE. I GUESS THE BILLIONAIRES AND THE SEC AND EVERY OTHER AGENCY FAILED TO DO DUE DILIGENCE ON MADOFF???? PEOPLE STEAL, LIE, AND DO EVIL THINGS -- SOMETIMES THERE ISN'T MUCH YOU CAN DO TO STOP THEM.

LOSING MONEY WILL BE THE NORM IN THE COMING YEARS AS THE FINANCIAL SYSTEM CONTINUES IT'S MARCH TO IT'S FINAL CONCLUSION. THE WHOLE FINANCIAL SYSTEM IS ONE BIG PYRAMID SCHEME -- SO TECHNICALLY ONCE IT COLLAPSES ITS EVERYONE'S FAULT FOR NOT DOING THEIR OWN DD.

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.