OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
David Marchant(2)
Internal Administrator
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2011

Posted: 2/25/2010 6:56:47 PM

By: tone

David,

Why do you bring up news that is over a decade old to discredit me. I am talking about you today

Again - you and hunter are dinosaurs - you can't find anything new - hint its called google.com.

Folks, david was damn lucky to land a job in bermuda - he was fired for spilling the beans on an offshore account. Thus it makes sense that the last place you should look for advice is him

Fired, yep, Beacuse the US and Canada government loved what he did - they gave monies to promote his web site - please dear god don't say anything unless you want every acccounting, lawyer and skeptic.

When they were at their prime, they used to focus on helping people - sorry to say - david and offshorebusiness should be your last source for info.

Anonymous

Posted: 2/26/2010 2:27:57 PM

By: David Marchant

Re. "Have you been asked to resign?"

No, I have never been asked to resign by any employer.

"Have you turned over offshore account information that was suppose to be held privately by you or a company that you worked for?"

No. Since I have been a reporter for the entirety of my working career, it is difficult to imagine how I would even be in a position to 'turn over offshore account information that was suppose [sic] to be held privately'.

I have to ask the question: What on earth are you babbling on about?

It is amazing to me that an idiot like Tony Betts, with a background of dishonesty and English language skills that indicate he has not been educated to a high level, can empty his imagination on a message board by posting any old rubbish and there are people who believe him.

Anonymous

Posted: 2/26/2010 11:28:57 AM

By: Dontdobusinesswitheitherone

Have you been asked to resign? Have you turned over offshore account information that was suppose to be held privately by you or a company that you worked for?

Most companies give an individual first chance to resign, I worked for one firm that even gave a guy an opportunity to resign after he threaten another employee with a gun.

For the record, I have no bad or good information about you. It sounds like Tony has admitted to his misdeeds or does not deny. I am in no way saying Tony is right about you.

Anonymous

Posted: 2/26/2010 8:44:57 AM

Re. "...David doesn't dispute he was fired and the reasons why".

It is warped reasoning indeed to believe that, because I (or anyone else, for that matter) does not correct everything that is posted about them on the Internet, it must be, or is likely to be, true.

For the record, I have never been fired from any job that I have ever held (ever). I've worked for the following newspapers: Gwent Gazette, in Ebbw Vale, Wales; Bournemouth Evening Echo, in Bournemouth, England; Western Daily Press, in Bristol, England; The Royal Gazette, in Bermuda; and the Bermuda Sun, also in Bermuda.

I resigned from The Gwent Gazette to join the Bournemouth Evening Echo, I resigned from the Bournemouth Evening Echo to join the Western Daily Press, I resigned from the Western Daily Press to join The Royal Gazette, I resigned from The Royal Gazette to join the Bermuda Sun and I resigned from the Bermuda Sun to start OffshoreAlert.

Re. Tony Betts' claim that: "he was fired for spilling the beans on an offshore account. Thus it makes sense that the last place you should look for advice is him

"Fired, yep, Beacuse the US and Canada government loved what he did - they gave monies to promote his web site - please dear god don't say anything unless you want every acccounting, lawyer and skeptic."

Again, for the record, the US and Canadian governments have never given me or my company "monies to promote his web site".

It should also be obvious to any reasonable person that, based on his postings on this forum, Tony Betts is poorly educated to the point of being barely literate, extremely unintelligent, and appears almost child-like in the manner in which he conducts himself.

He has also been involved with two separate groups that each perpetrated frauds totaling millions of dollars, which raise serious doubts about his honesty and integrity.

Anonymous

Posted: 2/26/2010 7:33:44 AM

It would seem that you shouldn't do business with either one of these guys. Tony doesn't dispute he took millions from people, David doesn't dispute he was fired and the reasons why. To be honest you are better off burying your stash in your backyard anymore you really can't trust a soul in this world.

Anonymous

Posted: 2/25/2010 8:23:11 PM

Criticism from someone with your background is the sincerest compliment anyone could ever pay me.

Thanks. I appreciate it.

Anonymous

Posted: 3/2/2010 3:31:20 PM

By: warrant for tony

bad boys bad boys whatcha going to do when they come for.sing it Tony.I think your a small time puss and will be married in jail in no time.Whatever you do dont travel.heavy heat pizza boy!!!

Anonymous

Posted: 3/2/2010 6:11:47 AM

By: tony is scared to travel

Tony why are you so scared to travel lately.Word is you have been talking with jay gotlieb and are planning something.You two criminals deserve each other.It isnt safe for you to travel at this point so lie low like the dog you are.

Anonymous

Posted: 3/1/2010 6:17:19 AM

I think it's pretty obvious from my post that I don't know David or did you not read.

Now back to the topic. You claimed David was fired and that he gave way confidential client information. Now from what company was he fired and what confidential client information did he give away? You made the claim, now put up or shut up. Now why in the world would I ever give you a cent since you have admitted to losing millions of your clients money in the past? No thanks.

Anonymous

Posted: 2/27/2010 7:30:35 PM

By: tony

Ask me a question, no problem - I still have room full of files that would screw the ABC's of the goverment apart.

But don't call me idiot - my guess is that you are one of david's puppy's - roll over and let someone rub your belly-you have never lived outside of the US -true or false

You are not a gmae plyer- just another jerk from the message board When you want to step into the game give me call

tony

Anonymous

Posted: 2/27/2010 11:50:42 AM

By: Donttrusteitherone

"I have to ask the question: What on earth are you babbling on about?"
There was no babbling, you don't like the question but it's not babbling.

"It is amazing to me that an idiot like Tony Betts, with a background of dishonesty and English language skills that indicate he has not been educated to a high level, can empty his imagination on a message board by posting any old rubbish and there are people who believe him."

Who said I was believing him or you? Assumptions. My advice is for people to bury their crap in their backyard because there is no trust left in this world.

I will have to take you on your word, if Tony can't provide details to what he is referring to I will have to believe he is just a liar as well as thief.

Anonymous

Posted: 2/26/2010 9:15:33 PM

david, david - if I was your father I would wash your mouth out with soap. telling half truths gets you nowhere. I don't care what your readers think of me - been there - done it - I am stamped offshore. for god sake - how would you know you have not left miami in what a decade. Old man old news -

tony

Anonymous

Posted: 3/17/2010 9:14:14 PM

It should amaze me that Eric Neshanian, a practicing attorney, no less, doesn't know something as obvious as this but, given the manner in which he generally conducts himself and the lunatic-like quality of many of his postings, it actually doesn't.

For those attorneys out there who are so lacking in legal basics and also common sense, yes, it is illegal to copy a third party's original work and paste it on an unrelated web-site - without their permission. What a surprise!

My "legal authority" is every copyright law that I have personally worked under (the laws of the UK, Bermuda and the USA).

For the USA, go to http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq

David Marchant

Anonymous

Posted: 3/17/2010 7:20:38 PM

By: socheesy

David,

I don't think that is true. Do you have any legal authority for your position that posting an article on the web is a breach of copyright?

Anonymous

Posted: 3/17/2010 2:30:49 PM

Re. "No name I posted two articles last night to rebuke your theory - but david took them down".

Posting entire articles published by third parties represents a breach of copyright. Whenever I see this occur on our message board, I remove the posting.

David Marchant

Anonymous

Posted: 3/16/2010 8:29:19 PM

By: me

No name I posted two articles last night to rebuke your theory - but david took them down. Check WSJ and Bermuda - and stop being an ignorant American - get the facts first then riducle me - plus tell me how many days you have lived in the inside the trailer park and do you have view of you neighbors tv set - because obviously you can't afford to own one of your own. Further , don't post on a message board without using you real name - in the caribbean wwe call that the devil.

This Message Board has gone from bad to idiots.

tony

Anonymous

Posted: 3/15/2010 7:59:57 PM

Whom every you are, I believe you are stuck in the worlds last hole in earth namely the french island of guadelope, specifically Marigot. Again you have no idea who I am and are looking to build an identity on a outdated message baord. Sorry bro - been to the US three times this last month - no problem - thus your words are empty. If you respond, which I am sure no one cares identify yourself and tell me how you know me, personally. Otherwise va te faire foutre

tony

Anonymous

Posted: 3/19/2010 9:56:19 AM

Tony, you keep responding but offer nothing of substance. You claimed that he gave away confident customer account information but you offer no evidence nor any information as to what you are talking about. You said he was fired also but you refuse to say from where he was fired and why. The solution is simple either provide the information or shut up, nobody is going to believe a swindler like yourself unless you prove up your claim.

It just sounds like you are mad because people have posted the truth about you on the internet. Instead of fixing yourself and correcting your behaviors, you seem more inclined to attack the world because you are a con artist and you are unwilling to face the truth.

Anonymous

Posted: 3/18/2010 12:29:29 PM

Re. "Under your theory, you could not even post the html linking to the article because arguably that would be subject to copyright also."

What utter nonsense. A link to an article is not coyprighted and I have never stated or implied that it is. It is yet another example of your inability to process information normally and contribute meaningfully and intelligently to a discussion.

On several occasions, I have removed postings on this Message Board because they breached someone's copyright and I have explicitly told people only to copy the headline, the first paragraph and a LINK to the article.

One such instruction from me appears below:

___

Re: Caledonia Corporate Management
By David Marchant on 12/5/2008 12:07:40 PM
E-mail: editor@offshorealert.com

There are comprehensive articles about this matter in our Story Library.

To the person who posted the Nassau Tribune articles, I have deleted them because it is a breach of their copyright to copy and paste such material here.

If these articles exist free of charge on a web-site, please post the headlines, the first paragraphs and the links but not the entire articles.

Thanks.

David Marchant

___

Your belief that reproducing an entire copyrighted constitutes 'fair use' is ridiculous, even more so considering that you are a practicing attorney.

And my "theory", as you referred to it, is not a theory at all but is the law.

David Marchant

Anonymous

Posted: 3/18/2010 11:55:21 AM

Merchant, you can't cite any case law that forbids re-publishing a news article in full without permission.

Absent that, fair use would dictate that the same would be permissible for educational, information, commentary, criticism and other like non-commercial news reporting purposes.

They law in this arena is not as black and white as your pea-brain requires it for you to comprehend.

Under your theory, you could not even post the html linking to the article because arguably that would be subject to copyright also.

Face it, you are just a dim bugger with a keyboard and a desktop.

Anonymous

Posted: 3/18/2010 6:38:59 AM

And there you have it, a practicing attorney (Eric Neshanian) who is ignorant of the law, is incapable or unwilling to do any credible research, and really doesn't care who knows it.

David Marchant

Anonymous

Posted: 3/18/2010 12:30:57 AM

Exhibit A - Merchant has no idea what he is talking about.

Anonymous

Posted: 3/19/2010 9:46:12 PM

For clarification and to avoid any confusion, Tony Betts did not post any articles that had anything to do with me, directly or indirectly.

He posted articles about something entirely unrelated, which were removed because it is a breach of copyright to copy and paste a third-party's work-product without their permission.

David Marchant

Anonymous

Posted: 3/19/2010 8:30:46 PM

There is no reason to post an article.

You said he turned over private client information, simply state who's information he turned over and the circumstance. Shouldn't take over a few sentences, no need to post an article.

You said he got fired, when did he get fired, and from where did he get fired for doing the above. It's pretty simple really.

As far as you it certainly sounded like you admitted it before.

Anonymous

Posted: 3/19/2010 7:18:45 PM

By: tone

I am done with this message board - David I tried to help you - but again you only quote from the AP when we don't agree you try and argue that those of us that conducted the business of offshore for thousands of clients are wrong. 1st you are a juvenille in expertise, but a senior in promoting. I understand that you have to make a living, but so does everyone else. If I could help your readers do it right I would. Sorry folks, David is a Merchant of the US government - you will never get good advice here.

Tony

Anonymous

Posted: 3/19/2010 6:51:31 PM

Another idiot....

I posted the articles - but David took them down - look at the above posts.

Look for yourself

tony

Anonymous

Posted: 3/19/2010 11:14:01 AM

It is obvious from his postings that he is uneducated and unintelligent and it is also clear from his postings and from articles that I have personally researched and written about him or companies/individuals associated with him, that he is dishonest.

With some exceptions, the offshore world can largely be broken down into two main areas:

1. Intelligent, educated professionals who offer services to high-net-worth individuals and large corporations seeking greater financial efficiency. This is very high-end business that typically takes place in credible OFCs, e.g. Bermuda, Cayman Islands, etc.

2. Unintelligent, uneducated people with no meaningful professional qualifications who assist crude criminals in hiding and laundering the proceeds of their crimes. This requires no particular skill on the part of the service provider but, instead, requires them to be willing to be dishonest, immoral and unethical. Such activity typically takes place in third-rate OFCs, e.g. Dominica (where Tony Betts was/is based), Grenada, Antigua, etc.

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

BAHAMAS  
BERMUDA  
BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS  
CAYMAN ISLANDS  
Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.