OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
Former CEO Bank Crozier Peter Johansson sentenced for bribing a cop
Internal Administrator
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2011

Posted: 6/25/2010 10:00:23 AM

By: Maxtor

The former infamous CEO of Bank Crozier Peter Johansson, whose sticky fingers ie theft led to the collapse of Bank Crozier, was sentenced today in Sweden for bribing a cop. He is also awaiting a trial later on this year. There is plenty to read and you may use Google translate unless you read Swedish.

Let this serve as a warning to never to business with this criminal. There is plenty to read about him but of course including hirung ex-cons as Vice Presidents and bribing officials. I wounder why this not have been published here at KYC News?

http://www.realtid.se/ArticlePages/201006 /24/20100624141134_Realtid592/20100624141134_Realtid592.dbp.asp?sAction=lk#k1

Anonymous

Posted: 6/26/2010 6:52:30 AM

By: David Marchant

Re. "This should be of interest of many readers."

On the contrary, reporting about a court case in Sweden involving someone who, to the best of my knowledge, has not had any meaningful involvement in offshore finance for several years is of little or no interest to my paying subscribers.

Anonymous

Posted: 6/26/2010 6:39:09 AM

I presume that you were a client of Bank Crozier.

If that is the case, stop whining and looking to blame everyone but yourself and accept personal responsibility for making an idiotic decision to place money with a Grenada bank.

OffshoreAlert - and OffshoreAlert alone - exposed Grenada for being a sham jurisidiction at the very beginning of the country's crime-infested foray into offshore banking.

We exposed one business after another (three of which sued us for libel), the chief regulator (who later admitted committing perjury in the afore-mentioned libel action), the Prime Minister (who apparently also sued us for libel in a separate action but never caused the summons to be served on us), and, in fact, the entire jurisdiction. Only a complete idiot would have continued to do business with any Grenada entity after reading our articles.

I wouldn't be surprised if the following is the scenario we are looking at here: OffshoreAlert spent tens of thousands of dollars exposing Grenada (on research, publication costs and libel defense costs/fees). You, on the other hand, are so cheap and foolish that you weren't prepared to spend hundreds of dollars per year to subscribe to OffshoreAlert (if you had, you would never have invested anything in a Grenada company ever), and now you harbour resentment towards the one person who has stuck his neck out repeatedly when exposing all manner of serious financial crime.

If you can't be bothered to read up on a jurisdiction prior to making an investment decision, as I suspect is the case, you have one person - and one person only - to blame for your predicament and to be bitter at. And it's not me. (Hint: Look in the mirror and you will see the person who is responsible).

Finally, if you are so keen to get this information on Peter Johansson, why don't you 1. hire a reporter to cover it; and 2. Pay for the construction and maintenance of a web-site to publish it. Please do something more constructive than whining in public and feeling sorry for yourself.

Anonymous

Posted: 6/26/2010 6:27:42 AM

By: Hunter - ques. Maxtor

Do you know if NY case is/was heard in foreign court and the status or outcome?

Plaintiff is Online Payment Solutions Inc.

Defendants are:
Svenska Handelsbanken A.B.
Peter Lars Johansson
Nicholas Nolter
Eric Nolter
Factor Europe UK Limited

Anonymous

Posted: 6/26/2010 5:14:50 AM

Thank you for correcting the link. However, if you would have done your homework on your friend, you should have known that the link just relates to ONE incident of many including, court hearings, personal bankruptcy, jail time, prison sentences for CEO and VP´s of Bank Crozier which stretches over years.

I however understand you have no knowledge about this whatsoever. Regardless, now you know, you have a good chance to follow up the story of the people behind and responsible for the Bank Crozier saga and it´s victims. This should be of interest of many readers. Google Translate is your friend. To be continued.

Anonymous

Posted: 6/25/2010 9:12:20 PM

Re. "I wounder [sic] why this not have been published here at KYC News?"

Ah yes, the loony tunes argument that, if OffshoreAlert does not know - and report - about everything that happens to people I know in the world of finance anywhere in the world as soon as it occurs, there must be a sinister reason for it.

To put this into perspective, the story that you tried to link to (but failed because you posted an incorrect link) was only published yesterday in the country where it happened, i.e. Sweden. And yet you appear to be surprised that OffshoreAlert, which did not even know this had taken place until you posted your message, has not reported about it already? For someone who cannot even provide a link that works, you sure have high expectations of others.

For the record, the correct link to the story is http://www.realtid.se/ArticlePages/201006/24/20100624141134_Realtid592/20100624141134_Realtid592.dbp.asp.

Anonymous

Posted: 6/28/2010 12:44:22 PM

Re. "FYI, I am not a creditor of Bank Crozier - in any jurisdiction."

I do not accept you at your word. My instincts tell me that you are dishonest. Given your behavior and idiotic thought-process, you clearly have an axe to grind. Why not reveal your identity so that I can determine what that axe is?
Re. "… even though there is plenty of material available just a couple of clicks away".

Towards the end of Bank Crozier's life, a web-site operated by the crooks Lincoln Fraser and Jared Brook and operated by dishonest journalists Lesley Tither and Simon Cross found negative information about Peter Johansson and made it available on the Internet and also made it available here. Prior to that, there was never any information "just a couple of clicks away" that I was aware of.

Re. "… Grenada is, or at least was a very corrupted …", "This has however absolutely NOTHING to do with the collapse of Bank Crozier", and "please stop blaming the collapse of Bank Crozier on the jurisdiction Grenada, also in St. Lucia."

I never blamed Grenada for Bank Crozier's collapse. This is something you have invented. I merely pointed out that anyone who did business with a Grenada bank after OffshoreAlert had exposed the entire jurisdiction was asking to become a victim.

Additionally, Grenada encouraged criminality and its regulators allowed offshore banks to break its laws routinely, often in return for bribes to officials. To claim that this culture did not contribute to what happened at Bank Crozier is absurd.

Re. "I wonder why YOU totally have ignored to post it as it is of importance of the offshore world and would serve as a warning to stay away from this gentlemen".

Contrary to popular belief, I cannot investigate everyone for everything, find out everything about everyone (no matter how much it costs, no matter in which country the information is held), and, generally, report everything there is to know about everyone.

Negative information about Peter Johansson is contained over seven pages of messages on this message board – far more than anywhere else on the Internet. It is bizarre, in the extreme, to cite this as an example of OffshoreAlert ignoring or failing to publish information. Every posting on this message board is published by OffshoreAlert in the sense that we pay for this message board to exist.

In a nutshell, your theory is that, if OffshoreAlert does not find out negative information about someone, particularly someone I know, even if I don't know them well, and then publish it, then I am to blame on some level for the person's actions. This is an extremely unintelligent and unfair opinion for you to hold.

I highly doubt that you hold yourself to the same exacting standards.

Anonymous

Posted: 6/28/2010 5:59:23 AM

"Perhaps I should have fitted him with an electronic ankle bracelet so I would know his movements at any given times."

Quite hard and you did nail FIBG without this device for example. Google would provide much more help - trust me.

Anonymous

Posted: 6/28/2010 5:56:30 AM

Hunter,

Not what I know about. I will try to find out.

Anonymous

Posted: 6/28/2010 5:51:29 AM

Never presume. FYI, I am not a creditor of Bank Crozier - in any jurisdiction. If you would have not ignored the acts of your criminal (ex)friend and instead defending him, you would have my respect. You did however - not even though there is plenty of material available just a couple of clicks away.

Furhtermore, Grenada is, or at least was a very corrupted jurisdiction so much we can agree. This has however absolutely NOTHING to do with the collapse of Bank Crozier, also in St. Lucia. The bank went into bankruptcy due to one persons greed - your criminal (ex)friend Peter Johansson and would have done so in the US/Japan/France or any other jurisdiction for that matter. So please stop blaming the collapse of Bank Crozier on the jurisdiction Grenada. If you have proof which I doubt you have, post it on KYC or stop assuming.

Yes, I and many others have plenty of information of Peter Johansson but I wonder why YOU totally have ignored to post it as it is of importance of the offshore world and would serve as a warning to stay away from this gentlemen. Among many things, is this not the purpose of this board? Regardless, I am happy to hear you have distanced yourself from Peter Johansson, I beleive it is a wise decision.

Anonymous

Posted: 6/26/2010 9:04:21 AM

Re. "However, if you would have done your homework on your friend, you should have known that the link just relates to ONE incident of many including, court hearings, personal bankruptcy, jail time, prison sentences for CEO and VP´s of Bank Crozier which stretches over years."

Perhaps I should have fitted him with an electronic ankle bracelet so I would know his movements at any given times.

This is the reality:

Search for 'Peter Johansson' in the search box at the bottom of this message board and you will receive 124 messages over seven pages, several of which are about "court hearings, personal bankruptcy, jail time, prison sentences" etc. There are also articles and documents that are available to paying subscribers.

OffshoreAlert owns this message board and all messages that apear on it are, therefore, published by OffshoreAlert.

Given the above, it is baseless and, frankly, ridiculous to try to spin this as an example of OffshoreAlert not publishing negative information about Peter Johansson.

Peter Johansson (who I haven't spoken with in years) was indeed once a friend of mine and, as such, of course it is difficult to publish negative information about him. That should go without saying and is normal.

Nonetheless, such negative information appears in abundance on this web-site.

Anonymous

Posted: 9/29/2010 1:01:23 PM

By: nobody

Marchant I find you a quite a hypocrite Sir... I distinctly recall seeing a quote from you on your website backing Crozier (and your friend Peter) as a "reputable bank" back in the day, you were even advertising a banner for them if I recall correctly...

I call Bullshit.

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.