OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
Jared Bentley Brook and Lincoln Julian Fraser ACQUITTED
Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2011

Posted: 7/8/2010 2:37:05 PM

By: David Marchant

I already posted a message about this six days ago, plus I wrote about it in the most recent edition of OffshoreAlert.

My message is headlined 'Imperial Consolidated - Another dark day for British justice' which says it all really.

The British legal system is an embarrassment to anyone with a sense of justice and fair play, an absolute disgrace for a country that holds itself as one of the world's most developed countries.

The British legal system is generally set up to enrich attorneys and reward criminals.

Internal Administrator

Posted: 7/8/2010 1:20:56 PM

By: joan

http://www.sfo.gov.uk/press-room/latest-press-releases/press-releases-2010/imperial-consolidated-group-fraud-conclusion-of-case.aspx

What say you, David?

Anonymous

Posted: 7/9/2010 1:05:02 PM

By: P.I.

David, what are the chances that the poster is not aware that this forum belongs to you and you are the one that decides what stays and what goes?

I fail to see the need to "call names" to someone that has entered a comment that did appeal to you.

P.I.

Anonymous

Posted: 7/8/2010 4:23:43 PM

The IP address of 'Roy Pashley' originates from Manchester, England, which is the area where Lincoln Fraser and Jared Brook are or were based.

Is that you Lincoln or Jared?

Remember this one thing: I will be following your careers for as long as you both or me are still around. I have no doubt that, whatever you turn your attentions to next, will turn into yet another pile of misery for innocent investors and vendors.

Anonymous

Posted: 7/8/2010 3:51:56 PM

Re. "Wonder how long your message will stay online on this messageboard before it's wiped away so no-one can see?"

Given that I previously posted a link to a story stating that Lincoln Fraser and Jared Brook were acquitted, you have to be some kind of moron to state, as you did, that I would remove another message posted six days later stating that they were acquitted.

As the latest edition of OffshoreAlert points out, a New York prosecutor was commisioned by the UK Government to review the Serious Fraud Office a few years ago. She found that, over a five-year period, the conviction rate was just 61% (compared with 92% in the US) and she was damning in her criticism of the SFO, which is widely known for being incompetent to a degree that is scarcely believable.

It has reached the stage where I sort-of hope the SFO does not prosecute people I expose because four in ten of them are not convicted and it creates the false impression among the naive that the acquitted are innocent.

Anonymous

Posted: 7/8/2010 3:09:56 PM

By: But of course

But of course an acquittal only means that the prosecutor, who might have been incompetent, was only not able to meet the high standard of proof in a criminal case.

It does not mean that a crime was not committed.

So, where is all the missing money? When are victims going to be repaid in full?

Anonymous

Posted: 7/8/2010 2:38:14 PM

By: Roy Pashley

Wonder how long your message will stay online on this messageboard before it's wiped away so no-one can see?

Probably not very long...

And the reason?

ACQUITTED

Anonymous

Posted: 8/2/2010 11:25:43 AM

By: BH

If Imperial Consolidated was not a fraud, why did Bill Godley (the Chairman) plead guilty to conspiracy to defraud? Further, if Brook and Frazer were not guilty, who did Godley conspire with?

Anonymous

Posted: 7/9/2010 7:06:41 PM

Are you kidding me? Did you not even read my messages.

Given the location of the IP address, I would say there is a reasonable chance that the message was posted by Jared Brook, Lincoln Fraser of one of their acquaintances.

In other words, people who operated a business that defrauded investors out of hundreds of millions of dollars are now trying to rub their victims' noses in it by lauding an acquittal of two of the biggest fraudsters you will ever find anywhere.

I am treating them with the respect they deserve.

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.