OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
Information to the creditors of BC
Internal Administrator
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2011

Posted: 10/14/2010 7:39:35 AM

By: Mr. Minit

Re. "That the Liquidator of Bank Crozier Limited (In Liquidation) Mr. Garvey Louison is hereby authorised to institute a claim in the name of Bank Crozier Limited against RBTT Grenada Limited of Grand Anse, St. George's Grenada for damages and losses, interest and costs and such further and other relief sustained as a result of its release disbursement and/or transfer of the sum of US$2,000,000.00 from its account held herein to BCIL (St. Lucia) in Liquidation in breach of the Order of the Court, particularly the Orders dated 29th November 2005 and 21st December 2005."

-Five months have passed and the claim is still not filed.

-Neither is the above court order published on his web site. I wonder why..

-The report which is to be filed every six months have not been published in spite the fact the court orders state that this is to be done every six months.

Anonymous

Posted: 10/15/2010 5:51:04 AM

By: David Marchant

There seems to be something fundamentally wrong about a person signing an agreement to pay an entity $2 million and then suing his bank for making such a payment in accordance with what he had agreed. If my memory serves me correctly, the agreement that Louison entered into with Bank Crozier (St. Lucia) to pay it $2 million was irregular to begin with.

I suppose a core legal argument of Louison's dispute with RBTT is the definitiveness of the authorization that Louison gave RBTT to make the transfer, e.g. did he put something in writing, verbalize it, etc. Given the manner in which he generally seems to operate, I wouldn't be surprised if he gave confusing and conflicting instructions to the bank.

On a wider note, I find his reports to be difficult to follow. He has an uncommon habit of not dating reports or other correspondence and his use of the English language is poor, with frequent grammatical and spelling errors. None of it inspires confidence as he fritters away the bank's dwindling assets.

Anonymous

Posted: 10/15/2010 4:27:11 AM

By: Mr Minit

Fully understandable.

Plese find the more info about the matter in the section 3.1 Cash at bank http://www.bankcroziergd.com/reports_2009/eight_report/bank_crozier_eight_report.pdf

and item 36-58 http://www.bankcroziergd.com/reports_2009/eight_report/appendix_three_affidavit_garvey_louison_July08.pdf

Anonymous

Posted: 10/14/2010 9:45:28 AM

By: David Marchant

I'm confused.

In 2005, Garvey Louison entered into an agreement with Bank Crozier (St. Lucia) in which he agreed to release $2 million to Bank Crozier (St. Lucia).

See: http://www.bankcroziergd.com/SettlementAgrbtwBkcrozierIntl&Bkcrozier.pdffunds?

Given the settlement agreement, how can Louison now have a bona fide claim against RBTT for releasing $2 million to Bank Crozier (St. Lucia)?

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.