OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
Barry Minkow and Lennar Corp.
Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2011

Posted: 11/10/2010 7:24:54 AM

By: David Marchant

That Barry Minkow has any ability to move a share price is remarkable, in my opinion.

Why on earth anyone would make an investment decision based on anything he says or does is a mystery to me.

Fraud conviction, cloaks himself in religion ... how many more red flags does the investing public need?

Internal Administrator

Posted: 11/10/2010 6:30:01 AM

By: Hunter

Link to article on Barry Minkow and his dealings with Lennar Corp.

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2010/11/barry_minkow_lennar_scam.php

According to article, Minkow was paid by a client for report trashing Lennar, called Lennar a "financial crime in progress", took short positions on stock, and later took a long position in the stock after investors fled stock.

I'm just wondering if he took a long position because a company that he thinks is a "financial crime in progress" has a lot of potential on Wall Street??

Funny behavior for a pastor if you ask me.

Anonymous

Posted: 11/10/2010 11:23:06 AM

By: Manipulation is a crime

Other investors could and should sue also.

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.