OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
A-Hole of the Year: Julian Assange
Internal Administrator
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2011

Posted: 12/30/2010 6:13:52 PM

By: David Marchant

See story headlined 'Many Arab officials have close CIA links: Assange' at http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/qatar/137385-many-arab-officials-have-close-cia-links-assange-.html

In this story, Julian Assange is essentially trying to blackmail the authorities into not prosecuting him by threatening to release information that, without any doubt, places other peoples' lives at risk.

The only life he appears to care about is his own.

After dealing with him directly and reading his various comments in the media, it is clear to me that this guy is a major a-hole.

Anonymous

Posted: 12/31/2010 8:21:25 AM

Interesting story headlined 'The Julian Assange Investigation -- Let's Clear the Air of Misinformation' can be read at:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nick-davies/post_1506_b_802680.html

Particularly telling to me was the part: "It is true that at the beginning of August, I cut off contact with him in order to protest at several things he had done -- the first time I have cut off a source in 34 years as a reporter."

Anonymous

Posted: 12/30/2010 6:18:27 PM

Cay you imagine if this guy had been around in World War Two? No doubt, he would have been threatening to leak the names of spies working for the Allied Forces, leaking documents about troop numbers and movements, the date of the Invasion of Normandy, etc. Anything, apparently, for publicity and fame/infamy.

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory actions, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.