OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
10 golden geese
Internal Administrator
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2011

Posted: 4/7/2011 6:36:34 PM

By: David Lesperance

Our Canadian attorney and regular contributor to this forum has the honor of the Guardian newspaper...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/apr/07/icelandic-citizenship-golden-geese

Anonymous

Posted: 4/8/2011 10:12:57 AM

By: knightmare3000

sounds like Iceland is cracking down. there shall be no second citizenship for these people. The "INTELLIGENCE " that I have is that the following country offers citizenship to investors:
1. URUGUAY ( for about $100,000 it is available in about 6 months). if faster service is needed ( eg 6 weeks) it costs about $500,000. for that you get passport and a non redeemable government bond that pays about 6%. so the deal pays for its self in about 10 years. available directly at Uruguay and occasionally through "jobbers" like "International Security Services" located outside of London,UK (employees are former British MI-6 or British SAS types, you shall be 'vetted" before application is processed.strictly legal )

for others getting a second passport is better obtained by:
1) your family background or ethnicity. who were your parents or grandparents? ,eg if one parent or grandparent was Greek try Greece, likewise for Ireland, Italy, Sweden,etc.

2). Religion, eg if Jewish try Israel. However AVOID AT ALL COST: "WORLD PASSPORT" OFFERRED BY QUAKER RELIGION. IT IS WORTHLESS
3) for UK, the easiest is PORTUGAL. all you must do is appear before a magistate or notary for 5 years with a lawyer and show "visible means of support". the UK(Portugal) passport is granted the 5th year. I heard of a man on a message board from former Czechoslavakia that by forming a Pro Forma company got this passport in this fashion .
so there are many ways of getting second passport legally. they do not cost large sums of money to expensive lawyers. try it yourself at the embassy depending upon above criteria. . not all shall ease your tax burden however. some might require compulsory military service ( Switzerland) so be careful.

Anonymous

Posted: 4/9/2011 10:21:38 AM

By: knightmare3000

CORRECTION PREVIOUS ENTRY

IT IS NOT UK ,Portugal. it is EUROPEAN UNION ( EU). where you see UK it should be EU, easiest is PORTUGAL

now then I hope Mr. Lesperance does not become another TREVELLIAN author of The Invisible Investor or the Original Prof Hill books on getting multiple passports having 6 flags . it used to be published out of SCOPE publications in UK

In the end TREVELLIAN went down as a SCAM by MARC HARRIS.Jerome Schneider books also were a large MYTH. so the concept of multiple passports and ex pat's care free lifestyle is really a MYTH.

Anonymous

Posted: 4/10/2011 1:18:32 PM

By: watcher

knightmare 3000s second post appears to have called it ...

Anonymous

Posted: 4/10/2011 1:14:08 PM

By: watcher

this is a mindless story ... did lesperance actually post this
link himself???

I will add lesperance to this list of people to be ignored ...
man, that list is getting big

Anonymous

Posted: 4/9/2011 8:12:58 PM

By: CARV

Iceland may have been chosen by ten ( 10 ) billionaires as more of a 'strategic geographic selection' after having utilized some "Global Environmental Intelligence" ( GEI ) for 'personal reasons' than what most might otherwise suspect. I could be wrong but that's just my opinion.

- CARV

Jump to different Forum... 

OffshoreConnect Free Sign Up

Stay informed & connected

• Free Email Alerts on Breaking News
  • Free Access to Blogs by Industry Leaders
  • Free Contribute to Due Diligence Forums
Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.