OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
Bahamas banks face $4m Madoff lawsuits
Internal Administrator
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2011

Posted: 4/13/2011 12:51:29 PM

By: Grouper

http://www.tribune242.com/business/04122011_Madoff_business_pg1

Anonymous

Posted: 4/18/2011 5:44:06 AM

By: troll

the liquidator is going after some Swiss private banks as well, following the out of court settlement with the private bank UBP.. Apparently Pictet bank in Geneva is in the firing line, though they deny any involvement.

Anonymous

Posted: 4/14/2011 11:00:09 AM

By: knightmare3000

about this Madoff scheme and Fairfield Sentry located in BVI, From information I have read from things like TAX HAVENS. a lot of the Caribbean based companies ( eg NEVIS, BVI, Turks and caicos,etc) have been involved with 'shady deals" for years. there is even organized crime influence in places like Dominica. . so it seems to me if I were the "liquidators" or the PI's ( private investigators) looking for where assets might be hidden, then perform a comprehensive search in the banks in the Caribbean. Have US bankruptcy courts get search warrants for all safe deposit boxes and all accoutns. follow the thread from these named banks ( Credit Suisse ( Bahamas),Fairfield,sentry,etc) until you find assets. My guess is that there are monies hidden there. I would never put it past Madoff and close associates or his family to know of their whereabouts no matter what they said to investigators. or, upon Madoff's death in prison, some special information was passed onto his heirs about secret deposits waiting for them there. good hunting. there may be a story there for an investigative journalist. it takes some leg work and interviewing the many banks. also some inside info from bankers that accept 'bribes " or have their "arms twisted" by US attorney that will help un -ravel these hidden safe deposit boxes or hidden accounts for the US bankruptcy courts and ultimately the investors that lost their assets.

Jump to different Forum... 

We hunt for red flags in high-value, cross-border finance by monitoring offshore and onshore courts, regulatory databases, offering documents, and other sources - and email you the results.

View Recent Digests

Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.