OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
Complaint about OffshoreAlert
Anonymous
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2011

Posted: 4/30/2011 10:26:13 AM

By: knightmare3000

my guess is that it shall be an old enemy or partner/family of an old enemy. it shall be someone that you exposed as a fraud and wants to get even with you somehow. be careful,howeve. even if they were exposed as a fraud and are incarcerated, they can still be dangerous or do damage to you. so exercise caution

Anonymous

Posted: 4/29/2011 10:50:20 AM

By: David Marchant

You will notice that the person who posted the original complaint immediately posted a response to their own message in which he or she stated 'Totally Agree! David Marchant should be in jail. Only a matter of time'.

You have to be pretty stupid to pretend to be two people for the purpose of posting messages while, at the same time, using just one username.

I already have a fair idea who posted these messages.

Anonymous

Posted: 4/29/2011 9:34:51 AM

By: knightmare3000

I left message on complaints board. I wonder who this TimF is? is he related to someone else or some other outfit? did offshore alert 'step on his toes"? what would be his motive? is he planning something else? you may need a good private investigator to ferret out this information.see if Hunter knows anything about this person?

Internal Administrator

Posted: 4/29/2011 9:17:19 AM

Someone doesn't like us:
http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/offshore-alert-newsletter-c448150.html#c972580

Such postings are further evidence of the effectiveness of OffshoreAlert and are among the sincerest forms of flattery.

Anonymous

Posted: 5/18/2011 7:17:34 PM

By: ExpatLawyer

Sorry to post twice but you could have left me completely out of the picture and left the others there as I had no involvement whatsoever with them. The person who made the post fled from the country and since I would not assist him in cleaning up his mess by representing him he decided to add me in to the picture in hopes that I would then become mysteriously involved or questioned in the matter. I don't work by being pressured to take on clients as I choose who I take on and who I refuse to work with. I don't work with or for low life scammers and my specialty is corporate and NOT penal.

Anonymous

Posted: 5/18/2011 7:09:55 PM

Hi Marchant,

There was no case. It was speculation which attempted to link me to people I don't even know nor have I ever done business with. I refused to do business with the person who posted it who later admitted such. In the end I was not affected by the post per se but it could have led others and can lead other to doubt the veracity as well as professionalism of my law firm.

I think you were a little too busy trying to defend the post to actually listen to reason but as I can see there is little to nothing one can do about the issue unless for some reason or another you felt compelled to be of assistance in a positive manner.

Thanks anyway!

Anonymous

Posted: 5/17/2011 10:28:16 PM

Re. "I confronted him on an issue I had many years back concerning a false post and he was not willing to hear me out on the matter."

I always listen to complaints about messages and often delete messages if, in my opinion, deletion is warranted.

If I did not delete a message in your particular case, I would have had my reasons.

Anonymous

Posted: 5/17/2011 9:01:49 PM

I am not too fond of some of the trash that gets posted on the Message Board as some of it is slander and libel (I am not saying that this trash is posted by Marchant but by anonymous folks who visit the site). I think that some of it needs to be cleaned up as it does not look very professional at all. I can say however that most if not all of the information that I have seen in Marchants reports (paid reports that is) has been pretty much right on the money. I don't care very much for Marchant myself and his attitude at times. I confronted him on an issue I had many years back concerning a false post and he was not willing to hear me out on the matter. Even with that being said, I do not think that "TimF" et al., is even worth the time wasted on responding to his petty complaints. Some people thrive off of being jerks on the internet as they do not have the balls to do it in person and that is one of prices we have to pay for living in a technology based world. In the end Marchant reports on the facts but he does let the MB get out of hand at times which is and is not his fault. So from a guy who does not care to much for Marchant per se, I can say his reports have been vital to assisting several of my high end clients who have had issues and Marchant has reported on them. I will continue to refer clients to OA as I see fit should they be in need of such information. (I should get a kick back Dave!) The report on Euro American Trust & Management Services actually saved one of my clients from a very hefty financial loss so the fee in which he paid for the report was well worth it.

BTW, I am an attorney in SJ, CR.

Anonymous

Posted: 5/7/2011 11:14:54 PM

By: athos karigis

complaintsboard currently not available

... what a pity!

Anonymous

Posted: 4/30/2011 8:48:01 PM

By: Complaints Boards Are A Joke

All these "Complaints Boards" are a big joke since any fool can say anything on them anonymously without anybody checking whether the post has the slightest bit of truth behind it.

The real racket is those who contact the victims of slander on these boards and offer to "fix their reputation" or "drive down the post's rankings in the search engines" for a hefty fee. It is little different than the advance fee "asset recovery" scammers for HYIP scams.

Jump to different Forum... 

OffshoreConnect Free Sign Up

Stay informed & connected

• Free Email Alerts on Breaking News
  • Free Access to Blogs by Industry Leaders
  • Free Contribute to Due Diligence Forums
Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.