OffshoreAlert
Daily news, documents and intelligence about Offshore Financial Centers and those who conduct business in them that you will not find anywhere else.
RSS Feed Print
Fox plumbs new depths with Murdoch coverage
Internal Administrator
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2011

Posted: 7/17/2011 7:15:42 PM

By: David Marchant

Has there ever been a more dishonest, shameless and stupider interview between two people on television than this on Rupert Murdoch-owned Fox TV?

http://www.newshounds.us/2011/07/15/fox_friends_jawdropping_whitewash_of_news_corp_phone_hacking_scandal.php

How sad that Americans actually watch this ridiculous program in sufficient numbers to justify its existence?

Anonymous

Posted: 7/22/2011 10:17:42 AM

By: Funny

Funny, I believe the whole financial system from the start is a prayer for rain. This financial system will collapse just like all the rest of them have collapsed, praying for rain is not going to help. So, you see a couple praying for sign from God, and governors praying for rain and call it ignorance which I tend to agree but I also see 7 billion ignorant fools believing in a financial system that was doomed to fail from the start. Humans have no ability to change math, any system based on simple/compounding interest will fail, but I do enjoy watching everyone pray to the Federal Reserve thinking they are going to get them out of this mess.

Anonymous

Posted: 7/22/2011 8:02:10 AM

By: David Marchant

Several years ago, a private investigator contacted me inquiring about a Grenada-domiciled offshore bank that OffshoreAlert had exposed. He said that a retired elderly couple in Florida with whom he was friends were contemplating putting their entire life savings in the bank and that he was attempting to talk them out of it.

I sent him the OffshoreAlert articles free of charge, which would have been enough to deter any reasonable person. Out of curiosity, I called him a few weeks later and asked for an update. He said the couple decided to ignore the articles and, instead, look to guidance from God. They prayed and asked God to send them a sign if he (sorry, He) didn't want them to place their money with the Grenada bank. When no sign was forthcoming (surprise, surprise), they went ahead and put their life savings in the bank.

A few months later, the bank officially collapsed and their savings were lost.

In a similar vein, the US is currently enduring a heat wave and there is a drought in some areas. As a solution to the problems, the Governors of Oklahoma and Texas have called upon their constituents to 'Pray For Rain'.

It is extremely sad to witness such a level of ignorance.

Anonymous

Posted: 7/21/2011 11:08:09 PM

By: Huh?

You are amazed at this when Michele Bachmann, who is maybe half as smart as the average pet turtle, is a serious candidate for President?

The average Fox news viewer thinks that she is smart, and also that the Earth is only 6,000 years old.

Give them a few years and they'll be urging a change to the textbooks so that the universe revolves around the Earth.

De-evolution

Anonymous

Posted: 7/19/2011 8:55:18 AM

By: knightmare3000

PREDICTION Rupert Murdoch may have to resign as CEO of his empire
PREDICTION Indictments will be handed down on some or all of people invovled by FBI investigation into 9/11 hacking into phones by Murdoch's people
POSSIBLE PREDICTION: tougher standards for journalists,even licensing as a professional by government ( eg. state license will be required as a journalist (similar to doctors, barbers,beauticians,plumbers,etc) in some geographic areas.if licensed, then there can be ethics committee or grievance committee ( cf. lawyers and state bar association ) or censuring (removal from professiion) if misdeeds occur

Anonymous

Posted: 7/19/2011 6:02:01 AM

By: jurisper

Hopefully the PR guy was paid whatever he thinks his reputation used to be worth.

Anonymous

Posted: 7/26/2011 12:50:23 PM

By: David S Lesperance

Here is a different perspective on Mr. Murdock's reputation http://www.theonion.com/articles/rupert-murdoch-worried-he-might-have-damaged-heret,21005/

Jump to different Forum... 

We monitor red flags in high-value, cross-border finance, including courts in Bahamas, Bermuda, BVI, Cayman Islands, & USA, databases of global regulators, & promotional material of investment schemes — emailing you details.

View Recent Digests

Cayman Court Secrecy: A Huge Red Flag for Foreign Investors & Clients
David Marchant
As any fule kno, the biggest enemy of fraud, corruption, money laundering, and other forms of financial crime is transparency, while their best friend is secrecy. That's why the unprecedented mass sealing of cases that's taking place at the Financial Services Division of the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands is repugnant to anyone with a genuine concern for financial crime.